Cameron Mitchell & Carolyn Lam Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fyd818 View Post
    Ya-a-a-a-a-y! I'm very happy to see this thread. I thought I might be the only one who liked this couple. Glad to see I'm not!

I'm not sure when it started for me, but over the course of seasons 9 & 10 I started to see the possibility of Cam and Carolyn. I think it really got going in my head during one episode in particular (I'm so sorry, the name has escaped me -- it was the episode where Jack loaned Landry and Cam his cabin), and I just kept thinking "Wow, it's like General Landry is going on a vacation with his future son-in-law, just to check to make sure he's on the up-and-up." After that -- this ship really started looking like a real, true possibility in my mind. I would have adored seeing them become canon.

Thanks, poundpuppy29, for starting this thread!

*hugs*

~fyd~
    Oh, wow, I totally never thought of "Unininvited" in that sense. I have always enjoyed the Landry & Cam stuff...which is probably one of the reasons why I like the idea of Cam/Carolyn.

I think it would have been nice to have seen Cam's character put into a romantic light, even if subtly, with a relationship (that lasts for more than one episode). It would have also softened the harder edges of Carolyn's character a bit I think too. Oh well, there's always our imagination and the odd fanfic

Anyway, welcome to the thread

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I like these two together. I've read some SJ fanfics where they were together.

Do any of you know of some fics with C&C focus I can look up?
      1-800-Iluv-JandT
      sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
        I like these two together. I've read some SJ fanfics where they were together.

Do any of you know of some fics with C&C focus I can look up?
        Well, there is a CAM/CAROLYN LJ but it doesn't have a heck of a lot of stuff. Here's some of the fic:

His Voice
        Summary: Cam, recovering from an alien virus, talks to Carolyn in the infirmary about sports.

Stubborn Lovin
        Prompt: Sickness

In the Gutter
        Summary: It's all his shoes' fault. Really.

Persistence
        (by me! )
        Summary: Carolyn reflects on her growing connection to Cameron during "The Powers That Be."

More Christmas Conversations
        Author’s Notes: A drabble for prompt for the 24th day of my Advent Calender.

Spectrum Analysis
        Summary: This is what I’ve been calling the crack!drabbles, because it started with one crackish ship and then evolved. Not all the pairings are romantic in nature and some not really all that crackish at all. Mostly excuses to have certain characters interact with each other.

Hold Tight, Don't Breath, Here We Go
        Summary: The courtship of Cameron and Carolyn in seven parts.

The Games People Play
        Summary: Games began episode tag for 10x09, Company of Thieves. As usual, my ideas grew between episodes and during the time between the airing of the two halves of Season 10. For the most part it is a humor fic, exploring a more relaxed and fun-loving side of the team than my previous work. It has little resemblance to second half of s10, simply assuming an end to the Ori conflict. Cam/Carolyn ship starts toward the end, but...there will be sequels. Heh. Highlights include a ski trip gone awry, a costume party with Teal'c as Woodstock to Cam's Snoopy, line dancing, a wedding, and a puppy.
        Pairings/Characters:Team, D/V, S/J, Cam/Carolyn

Hope that helps!! There are probably more on FanFiction.net but I am not even going to attempt to go there...

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
          Well, there is a CAM/CAROLYN LJ but it doesn't have a heck of a lot of stuff. Here's some of the fic:

His Voice
          Summary: Cam, recovering from an alien virus, talks to Carolyn in the infirmary about sports.

Stubborn Lovin

In the Gutter

Persistence
          (by me! )
          Summary: Carolyn reflects on her growing connection to Cameron during "The Powers That Be."

Spectrum Analysis
          Summary: This is what I’ve been calling the crack!drabbles, because it started with one crackish ship and then evolved. Not all the pairings are romantic in nature and some not really all that crackish at all. Mostly excuses to have certain characters interact with each other.

The Games People Play
          Summary: Games began episode tag for 10x09, Company of Thieves. As usual, my ideas grew between episodes and during the time between the airing of the two halves of Season 10. For the most part it is a humor fic, exploring a more relaxed and fun-loving side of the team than my previous work. It has little resemblance to second half of s10, simply assuming an end to the Ori conflict. Cam/Carolyn ship starts toward the end, but...there will be sequels. Heh. Highlights include a ski trip gone awry, a costume party with Teal'c as Woodstock to Cam's Snoopy, line dancing, a wedding, and a puppy.

Hope that helps!! There are probably more on FanFiction.net but I am not even going to attempt to go there...

-Stef
          Thank you so much Stef! Woohoo! I'm set now!
          1-800-Iluv-JandT
          sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post

His Voice

Stubborn Lovin

In the Gutter

Persistence
            (by me! )

Spectrum Analysis

The Games People Play

-Stef
            Oooooh, fic! *bounces* Thanks for the recs -- I can't wait to dive in and start reading these!! Maybe it'll help me kickstart my Cam/Carolyn writing -- I've been wanting to do one forever.

*clicks links like crazy*

~fyd
            My fanfic: ~fyd818 My vids: ~decatbastet SAWS: Spanky-a-Week Summer

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinn
              Thank you so much Stef! Woohoo! I'm set now!
              No problem

Originally posted by fyd818 View Post
              Oooooh, fic! *bounces* Thanks for the recs -- I can't wait to dive in and start reading these!! Maybe it'll help me kickstart my Cam/Carolyn writing -- I've been wanting to do one forever.

*clicks links like crazy*
              OOh, that sounds great! I admit that I've only read a few of these...I'm not a huge fiction person. I tend to rely more on visuals to get me excited about a ship - specifically music videos. Sadly, there are only two in existence...one of them by me

-Stef

Comment

Hey maybe we will get something in future movies but if we don't it's ok

Welcome FYD!!!
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I certainly hope so too. We might, since the movies have more character development, and it's less likely for the scene to be cut out.

'happiness is a warm gun' sig made by Bandcat
                  Draco sig made by Spork67

Comment

Hello,
                    This has been a *Pro* thread for all intents and purposes. As you know we do not have "Protected Threads" here at GateWorld but rather we enforce the "On Topic" rule based on the first post of the thread. However, in light of the New Community Vision Statement we are asking members to look towards blending discussions of both a positive and negative nature. Thus fostering both "Community" as well as hopefully encouraging meaningful dialogue and promoting positive change.

We realize that can not always be accomplished in long standing threads. However, this is a relatively young thread and lightly posted in. So I would like to invite the members that post in this thread to a discussion regarding either inclusion of all opinions into this thread or as an alternative closing this thread and opening a General Discussion thread on this topic with no past history.

Thank You
                    TameFarrar
                    GateWorld Moderator
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Ok Tame this is what really bothers me about the VS and why I think it is unfair people should be able to have safe havens in fandoms be it a rare pairing or major pairing major ship or minor ship. This is VS is wrong because it is like this Utopian place now. This is a big fandom now not little one and there are lots factions. The argument that we all have to be in one thread is wrong. I started this thread because I wanted to talk about C&C with people who liked it too and not bring other threads OT.

There should be protected threads if you and the rest of the moderators really want the rest of the forum to get along show us you respect us give us safe havens we need the this fandom needs them.
                      sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I hear you But rather then tell me why the VS is wrong, since that is not going to change tell me your suggestions for other options instead.

I am here to discuss. I offered one due to the age of this thread. If you feel that is inappropriate then tell me why and how we can accommodate the VS as well as your concerns. Realizing that you you are not happy with the VS, it is here and it is final. SO we have to find a way to work with it. Help me understand why this thread needs to be segregated and can't accommodate open discussion.

Has there been vigorous backlash regarding this pairing? Is there desire for this to be a thread that also includes Artwork, video links and Fanfic links thus making it more a *Ship AND Appreciation* thread?

What directions do you see this thread going?
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I know you didn't make the decision and sorry I just don't like the direction the VS is taking right now GW is my online home because of the variety of viewpoints and it is slowy being altered to something I don't like I like the Anti threads they were a real good resource for me and because of a few people I am losing that resource. It's like Darren is telling us to ascend to be here and I think it is elitist and a form of censorship this VS and I feel like Darren doesn't care what we think.

This ship is a minor ship and there are a few fan fics and some artwork but I would like this thread to be an appreciation thread. I don't know if there is anti movement about this ship I do know in the Anti season 10 thread some had some less than flattering things to say about it but it was a long time ago when I read it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well as I said we aren't here to debate the VS so I seriously won't respond either way to that portion Other than to say its here and we do need to work within it

Ok, We can definitely add the option of this being a *Ship & Appreciation* thread to the other option already being offered.

I would love to hear more from folks who also post in here since while I may joke about a *majority of 1* Unfortunately I won't be able to take that as the prevailing vote

Comment

Well,obviously I'd be worried about popping the safety bubble...but from what I've seen of this thread it doesn't look like there's a lot of people eager to come in here and rail on or provide negative insights on the ship. I personally don't have a problem with this - I'd rather see the thread alive and open to every opinion than dead and open to none *shrugs*

-Stef

Comment

Hello again

Well we seem to not really have a whole lot of discussion here But I did see that we had an impasse of sorts. So after discussing with the Mod Team we determined that since this thread doesn't seem to have much *backlash* as it were. the Best way to go would be changing the title to *Cameron Mitchell & Carolyn Lam Ship/Appreciation Thread*

since this is not an extremely active thread we are going to make this change effective immediately so as not to allow it to get lost in the shuffle of things.

Thank You
                                TameFarrar
                                GateWorld Moderator

Comment

Working...
                                X