Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with jel on this one, but I have to say the first part, until they got past the bridge was very annoying. Generally i like Keller. And she kind of saved Teyla in the end.
    Imagine if it had been Carson out there ... Err wait, no nevermind...

At least none of the crew died in this ep... And it was a relief it wasn't focused on McKay/Shep, like the previous ten episodes (I know, I'm exaggerating)

Comment

Originally posted by Cluas View Post
      ...(I know, I'm exaggerating)
      Really?
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I liked this episode. Normally I don't care for Teyla but I liked her in this episode. I was surprised at how much I didn't like the doctor mainly because I really liked her on Firefly.

I liked that some of the bad guys hand lollipops. The arrow reference was nice also. I think what I liked most were the fight scenes.

Comment

On a scale from one to ten, this episode is definitely a ten!

In some ways this story resembles "Scorched Earth", where viewers could also have strong opinions on the appropriateness of violence.

I liked how Teyla seemed to organically revert to her original nature, distinct from that of most Humans, as she arrived and spent time on the wild planet. I feared that she was already irreversibly assimilated into Earth society on the base. I would normally expect people to moralize, wait for the police or army to rescue them, and ultimately do nothing. It was totally unexpected, that her chosen methods were not proven wrong in the end. I felt that the story deviated from what is standard for TV: the wounded man comes back, helps, Teyla admits that taking his life wasn't right, the end. But not this time! It was clear to me that killing those men and abandoning the wounded was the right choice even in retrospect.

Ronan was also similarly 'de-humanized' but to a lesser extent, when he didn't recognize Sheppard's and McKay's references to American culture and said "What the hell are you talking about." That was exactly my thought as well. But usually Teyla and Ronan seem to quietly ignore numerous references to television in dialogue.

Teyla is incredibly attractive in her new long dark coat in Season Four! I still have slight doubts about the practicality of this outfit in combat and when crossing wild terrain.

The lollipops the mouths of the barbarian tribe were ridiculous. I saw them in two shots, and the first time I was like "what the hell", and assumed that I was mistaken. If this is a reference to another TV show, book, or comic, then it is even more out of place because as I viewer I don't want to be reminded that this is a fictional scene. The writers have seemed to get away balancing on the proverbial "shark" with these stupid jokes for years.

Even if there were boxes of this lollipop candy left with the Athosians in some cache, I do not believe that the barbarians would know what to do with them when they found them. It's not that they would swallow medicine pills that have a similar color or plastic package. Maybe they saw a kid sucking and he was too dumb to drop the candy and run away. Still, I don't approve that lollipops would be given to Athosians in the first place. The lollipop makes no sense whatsoever!

Still I would give the story a 10.

The unresolved fates of the people in the end leave room for future stories. And in the very last scene Teyla still wasn't turned!! She was great.

Comment

The lollipops were in Keller's bag, so that made the girl's situation even more desperate.
            I liked that scene very much, was so unexpected and full of danger
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              This episode has a place in my heart as it is the episode when I first joined GW. Gateworld was a different place back then. Carter and Weir fans fighting each other throats. People bashing Keller left and right for no apparent reason. Come to think of it, not a lot has changed
              so true
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X