Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunited (405)

Stargate: Horizon - "Reunited"

Regent Loral contacts Horizon with surprising news which lead to an unexpected reunion between Lenori and an old friend.

Check it out!

Then stop back here to share your thoughts.
    Outstanding
    46.15%
    Good
    38.46%
    Fair
    7.69%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    7.69%
    Last edited by Stargate: Horizon; 08 November 2007, 01:33 PM.

woo hoo you have made a typical stargate episode. all you need is time travel for a stargate trifecta. Overall another great episode but it seemed a little to well easy.

Why do those who are recently affected by aliens who have been in control of the enemy for a long period of time get full roaming clearances to go anywhere they please? I mean Lenori should have been literally locked into his room for the next two weeks for medical observations. To judge just what kind of mental state Macai was in after a year of torture.

ah well live and learn. If you don't mistakes you can never learn from them.

Once again I rate it a 9/10 if anything because something big went boom.

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
      woo hoo you have made a typical stargate episode. all you need is time travel for a stargate trifecta. Overall another great episode but it seemed a little to well easy.
      I'm sure eventually we'll come up with a time travel story that we like. It's tricky because time travel has been done so much, so it's hard to come up with a fully original story, or at least a new angle that makes it seem fresh. So for us to do a time travel story, it would have to meet those criteria.

I'm sure one day we'll come up with that brilliant idea we're waiting for.

Why do those who are recently affected by aliens who have been in control of the enemy for a long period of time get full roaming clearances to go anywhere they please? I mean Lenori should have been literally locked into his room for the next two weeks for medical observations. To judge just what kind of mental state Macai was in after a year of torture.
      That's a very good point. And, honestly, that's the one thing about the episode that I kind of had my problems with too. It was very tricky to make this part work. It seemed to all work when we broke the story, but when it came to the script it kind of felt like Lenori should have been kept under observation a little more. It went through various drafts, and ultimately I think we did make it work to the point where it's not that much of a problem.

I think the reason it does work is because it's Lenori (and not Marcai) who convinces Callen to let him go. So it's believable that it's just Callen's trust in Lenori, since obviously the way Lenori was affected by Marcai was a little out of the ordinary. Callen had no way of knowing that Marcai was influencing Lenori to such a negative degree. And, of course, Callen sent Sivea to go with Lenori to keep an eye on him.

But still, it's tricky. Ultimately it was necessary, of course, to have Lenori go, because otherwise the story would have gone nowhere. And I do like how it pays off at the end. The moment between Lenori and Callen is one of my favorite moments in not only the episode, but possibly the series. It says a lot about Lenori's character as well as Zentaurian culture. Gotta wonder if we'll ever see the Zentaurian homeworld. That is, I'm not wondering, because I already know. Catching that subtle hint there? If not, you probably do now.

Anyway, I really liked that beat. I also liked the fight between Sivea and Lenori, and the last two acts in general. The satellite's probably something we'll be seeing again at some point in the future. When exactly, and how will it come back into play? Don't know... yet.

Once again I rate it a 9/10 if anything because something big went boom.
      Glad you liked the episode.

And yeah, a little trivia there: the Discovery was the very first shuttle we saw (in "The Adversary"), and this episode marked her final appearance. Ah well, at least we still got a few other shuttles.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

It isn't Sci-Fi without a few huge bangs. Great episode, i thought it was better then the last one. Zentaurian homeworld sounds rather interesting, can't wait for next weeks episode

Comment

oooh the Zenturain homeworld? we might have to just steal a ship and go there. and I won't take one of those gliders, possibly I just might have to go find another Valiant, or maybe something custom.

I do know the Lenori/Macai needed to do what they did to advance the plot, I just find it typical sci-fi. I must admit though Logan's remarks about why Sivea was there does help the situation. Little one liner details like that are one reason why I like stargate in general

Comment

Well that was a fun episode. Had been hoping for something a little more long-term but I loved the general idea of the episode. I love that sort of stuff - symbiote and host interaction.Was really nice in that it was a negative reaction from their reblending. I sure hope we get some cool angst from Lenori in the upcoming episodes.

As for the satellite. Well, I'm sure we wont be forgetting about that anytime soon. I hope we're not.

Anyway, overall I enjoyed it. Can't wait to see the repercussions.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Nice.

Some typical sci-fi elements:

-A very very useful opportunity ahead of the good guys finally goes to wastebasket. Like Homer could say: "ZPM & drones" :O__ glglglglg
              -Spectacular fireworks.
              -An old friend returns out of himself.
              -Nice fighting.
              -Some drops about the principal plot of the season here and there.

I can imagine Mr. Robinson playing the angry Lenori/Marcai as in his best moments as Garak in DS9: "The Wire".

The only wrong point is that Logan was a "little-too" naive believing Lenori. Come on, Sivea arriving late for a mission and with the Lenori/Marcai blending still under some question marks? mmmmm... doesn't sound too much like a Colonel of the ISGC to me. May be this is a typical "license" to match a difficult situation on the plot.

Anyway, nice ep. Congrats
              sigpic
              ~The place to take a break at Horizon~
              - That's a lie!!!
              - Indeed it is...

Comment

Originally posted by Senku View Post
                -Nice fighting.
                I loved that fight sequence in the shuttle. We're definitely seeing a lot more hand to hand combat this season, compared to previous seasons.

I can imagine Mr. Robinson playing the angry Lenori/Marcai as in his best moments as Garak in DS9: "The Wire".
                He's a wonderful actor. Always fun to write for, and he'd definitely be great playing this character. Same goes for all of our cast.

The only wrong point is that Logan was a "little-too" naive believing Lenori. Come on, Sivea arriving late for a mission and with the Lenori/Marcai blending still under some question marks? mmmmm... doesn't sound too much like a Colonel of the ISGC to me. May be this is a typical "license" to match a difficult situation on the plot.
                I don't know about that actually. Logan was pretty suspicious from the moment Lenori told her that Sivea wasn't on the shuttle. She actually says that she'll be asking Callen about that. But what she's basically saying there is: "if you're lying, I'll find out." That's the true meaning of her words, and I think Lenori (or Marcai) knows that. There's that reaction from him, as he knows he hasn't got much time until she'll find out what's going on. It's all subtle, but I think it comes accross.

It's a tricky situation for Logan, because she does trust Lenori. And she knows that under ordinary circumstances he wouldn't be lying. But she also knows the circumstances aren't exactly ordinary, which is why she scanned the shuttle for additional life signs. And the truth is... none of them were expecting anything like that to happen.

Which leads me to a question actually, and this goes to anyone who's read the episode. How soon did you know that Marcai was going after the ZPM? And how soon did you know that he was going to use it to destroy Horizon? Is that what you were kind of expecting, or did you find yourself surprised by it?

The reason I ask is, because I think it's pretty unclear for most of the time what exactly Marcai's plan is. But since I was the one who wrote it, I of course knew all along what his plan was. So I'm just curious.

Comment

As I said earlier it's typical stargate episode. As such I knew Marcai was going to detonate the ZPM the moment Callen agreed to let him go.

It's really simple, The now psycho friend will use the biggest bang he can find easily. Never mind that raiding the reactor room would have been easier.

You want a plot twist you should of have him try to raise the shields of the weapon and attempt to use the drones.

All that said I really did enjoy the episode and I did catch Logan's reservations I just figured she would tractor/grapple the shuttle immediately upon realizing that a dampening field had been setup inside the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
                    Which leads me to a question actually, and this goes to anyone who's read the episode. How soon did you know that Marcai was going after the ZPM? And how soon did you know that he was going to use it to destroy Horizon? Is that what you were kind of expecting, or did you find yourself surprised by it?

The reason I ask is, because I think it's pretty unclear for most of the time what exactly Marcai's plan is. But since I was the one who wrote it, I of course knew all along what his plan was. So I'm just curious.
                    Pretty soon, sorry. I thing this is all this sci-fi behind of ours that make that all we have a kind of "seventh sense" regarding these things... I was 95% sure that Marcai will overpower Lenori somehow and the plot of the station/satellite wasn't there for nothing. When the "ZMP can explode" words appeared I saw the thing clearly in front of my eyes: Marcai wants the ZMP and wants to use it against our people. May be the part of "destroying Horizon" was the unclear part, but it was really a strong possibility after all. Sorry Alex, no surprise there, too much sci-fi to surprise me so easily

I don't know about that actually. Logan was pretty suspicious from the moment Lenori told her that Sivea wasn't on the shuttle. She actually says that she'll be asking Callen about that. But what she's basically saying there is: "if you're lying, I'll find out." That's the true meaning of her words, and I think Lenori (or Marcai) knows that. There's that reaction from him, as he knows he hasn't got much time until she'll find out what's going on. It's all subtle, but I think it comes accross.

It's a tricky situation for Logan, because she does trust Lenori. And she knows that under ordinary circumstances he wouldn't be lying. But she also knows the circumstances aren't exactly ordinary, which is why she scanned the shuttle for additional life signs. And the truth is... none of them were expecting anything like that to happen.
                    I know she was suspecting, BUT she could have prevented Lenori with some commanding skills "You move, you die" Ehem... or something like that What I mean is that all the dammed thing was suspicious enough to put the situation under more preemptive actions.

But I can be often too sensible with the "precaution thing" .D
                    sigpic
                    ~The place to take a break at Horizon~
                    - That's a lie!!!
                    - Indeed it is...

Comment

Originally posted by Senku View Post
                      Pretty soon, sorry.
                      There's no reason to say "sorry."

When the "ZMP can explode" words appeared I saw the thing clearly in front of my eyes: Marcai wants the ZMP and wants to use it against our people.
                      I think that's definitely when most people will see where this is going. But that's not until about halfway through Act Four. So still pretty late in the episode. I never said anything about it being a surprise, what I meant was it's unclear for most of the time what exactly Marcai's plan is. Which I think is the case if you put the pieces together in Act Four.

Sorry Alex, no surprise there, too much sci-fi to surprise me so easily
                      Like I said, if you read what I posted, you'll see that I never mentioned anything about a "surprise." Sounds like you missunderstood that. When we actually do try to surprise people, I'm sure you'll notice.

That may have been a subtle hint with regard to an upcoming episode. You never know.

I know she was suspecting, BUT she could have prevented Lenori with some commanding skills "You move, you die" Ehem... or something like that What I mean is that all the dammed thing was suspicious enough to put the situation under more preemptive actions.
                      I already addressed this in a post above with regard to Callen.

But with regard to Logan, I think she reacted appropritately. Having her say something like what you suggested would have been a little over the top, I think. Lenori's still a good guy, after all. And they just worked together recently in "The Gateway of the Gods."

But those are just oppinions, and it's great to see different ones. Logan could have definitely not let him beam on the satellite without having spoken to Callen first. Then again, Callen could have denied Lenori's request for going to the satellite in the first place.

But I can be often too sensible with the "precaution thing" .D
                      Yeah... I think I see what you mean.

Comment

I didn't think that he would blow up the station. I thought He was mad at the Team not the whole base.

I enjoyed this episode a lot. The Interaction with Lenori and Marcai was great. I found it odd that no one noticed that Marcai got into Lenori via the neck instead of the mouth. You know, the Gould always go for the neck while the Tok'ra go for the mouth.

They should have consulted the Tok'ra the minute it happened and sent for a Tok'ra shrink. After all, it is concerning one of their own.

Due to the charactor interaction bieng Flawless IMO, I say "Outstanding" episode!
                        [An alarm is sounding. Harriman checks his watch as he and Siler stand, facing Ba'al's hologram.]
                        HARRIMAN
                        I'm sure he'll be here any second now.
                        [Ba'al is obviously impatient.]
                        HARRIMAN
                        So, um…

Take our ships, take our toys, take our awesome alien tech... I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take Stargate from me!

Special Thanks to Elles sence this is a ripof of her great sig.

Comment

Just finished re-reading this. Like the previous episode, had quite a few elements of "classic" Stargate which is always fun. Over all, I thought it was a good episode with some solid stuff. In particular I liked that Loral had messed up Marcai, it would have made it far too easy if he was just back to normal.

I loved that I could understand the anger Marcai was feeling but knowing Loral did something to amplify the anger. The interactions between Lenori and Marcai were also fantastic.

I do, however, think the inclusion of the satellite weapon could have been better. Or replaced full-stop. It seemed like perhaps Marcai could have just tried to sabotage the station reactor or something. While you mentioned the weapon had been a last stand defense, you gave no reason for why it was at that particular part of space and etc.

I can't remember if it's brought later in the Season however. Or how it effects Lenori but I certainly hope it does and we see it again.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                          X