Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neutrino Ion Generators - better than ZPMs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
    Also, any doubt about the speed of Asgard hyperdrives was eliminated entirely in S03E02 of Atlantis; there really is no question about it anymore.
    Wow, I'd forgotten about that entirely... thank you!
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
      Also, any doubt about the speed of Asgard hyperdrives was eliminated entirely in S03E02 of Atlantis; there really is no question about it anymore.
      Shaved 2 weeks off the time the 304's used back then.. and that was 18 days..

Comment

Originally posted by Kebab Gud View Post
        Shaved 2 weeks off the time the 304's used back then.. and that was 18 days..
        So if we go with exactly two weeks, we get 2 days, which puts the Asgard hyperdrive still much slower than "seconds."

If we go with "about" two weeks, and Woosley was just estimating, then it puts the Asgard in line with the 304 speed of 4 days.

Either way, much more time.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Why ever said they used Seconds?? the only time that ever happend Thor picked up the 303 really really close to earth.. also

2 weeks = 14 days..
          18 - 14 = 4.. not 2

And Asgard and 304 spending the same amout of time over the same distance is not shocking when the asgard have 4 NIG's and the 304 has a ZPM.. and used the SAME ENGINES

Comment

Why ever said they used Seconds?? the only time that ever happend Thor picked up the 303 really really close to earth.. also

2 weeks = 14 days..
            18 - 14 = 4.. not 2

And Asgard and 304 spending the same amout of time over the same distance is not shocking when the asgard have 4 NIG's and the 304 has a ZPM.. and used the SAME ENGINES
            Oh wow, did I screw up the math? Crap, I really am tired, I keep misreading everyones' posts...

So what, exactly, is your point in all this?

Comment

You really don't see my point do you?

Comment

You really don't see my point do you?
                Hence the fact I asked. You seem to just be pointing out random things to me. What are you getting at?

Comment

se the other thread.. go any further and its just mindless rant..

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                    I drew the conclusion that the hyperdrive was simply overtaxed. We know they need to rest a bit before going right back into hyperspace, and with all the traveling they'd done so scrunched together, Sam was simply saying that they couldn't afford to keep doing it without the drive failing on them.
                    Those hyperdrives never get overtaxed. Wraith's ones do.
                    304s could fly for weeks in hyperspace without being overtaxed whatsoever.

Maybe, but the 304 was designed with Asgard tech in mind, remember? All they were doing was replacing the old drive with a new one, not really that major a change. Like going to a car shop and switching out your old crappy engine for a newer model of the same type.
                    They were designed to work with the level of Asgard tech they had, not a full fledged shoe horned refit.

That's because what you said didn't make sense to me. Thor was trying to beat the Replicators there so he could warn his people and raise some sort of defense. It made 100% sense for him to try and get there first no matter what, but he didn't. He had to travel at the same speed as the Replicator ship... which makes sense, since the Replicators use Asgard technology on their ships.

WAIT! THAT'S IT! I'VE GOT IT! The Replicators use Asgard technology, right? And then improve upon whatever they have, and make it even better. So technically they should be slightly faster than the Asgard, no? But Fifth's ship still took hours to reach Orilla, and he was certainly in a rush to get there... after all, the salvation of the Replicators depended on him getting at some nuetronium.
                    Not at all. Neutronium is only required for anthropomorphic Replicators. There was no more urgency than there was the time they attacked Halla.
                    There is no evidence there was an urgency, just as much as there's nothing stupid about chasing the ship and keeping an eye on it.
                    I don't even know how you get hours there. Although this could represent a lower example - but we still don't know how fast the DJ was supposed to be - it's entirely dependant on the meeting at the SGC.

The Replicators were just about wiped out, and everything they had was on that ship. They needed to get there ASAP. Not only that, but Orilla was the last stronghold of the Asgard, and conquering it would finally destroy their enemy. I wouldn't say they were taking their time.
                    They had at least two ships. Fifth was another ship. The one they sent to Orilla was controlled by another humanoid.

Sure there is, time was still passing. We've seen shots where a 304 leaves its base one second, and emerges from hyperspace in the next scene... but we know it wasn't instant transit.
                    304s are not Asgard ships, no matter what people think.

They'd been hailing Thor for days, remember, ever since they figured the clone thing out. He just happened to arrive then, hence the humor.
                    We absolutely don't know what happened. Notice that they said the Asgards didn't reply. It wasn't even OK guys, we'll be there in a couple of days.
                    We know nothing about when Thor actually moved to Earth, and where he departed from.
                    But you know, I'm not surprised that inconsistencies to creep in.

For example, I remember Lifeline, or Adrift, affirming that some type of sensors didn't work in hyperspace or something, which at that time I remembered was directly contradicted by a former piece of canon.

As far as we see, Asgard ships have varying speeds, from a top end which crossing a galaxy within a minute or less, to crossing a galaxy within one hour or less, and intergalactic voids taking longer.
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                    X