Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neutrino Ion Generators - better than ZPMs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neutrino Ion Generators - better than ZPMs?

Since we now have the entire Asgard knowledge base, if we can work out the technical details and the infrastructure needed, would it be more viable for us to manufacture neutrino ion generators (which were used to power Asgard ships etc) in order to ensure a constant (and compatible) supply of power source for our ships and even Atlantis, than wasting our time and energy finding ZPMs that are scattered throughout the galaxies?
    "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

What if ZPMs weren't the most powerful ancient power source? What if ZPMs are akin to our "AA" batteries? Hoho

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
      What if ZPMs weren't the most powerful ancient power source? What if ZPMs are akin to our "AA" batteries? Hoho
      And your point being...?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
        wasting our time and energy finding ZPMs that are scattered throughout the galaxies?
        Finding neutronium would be wasting time since it is so rare and scattered throughout the galaxies.

Comment

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post
          Finding neutronium would be wasting time since it is so rare and scattered throughout the galaxies.
          Actually (though it is not explained expressively) if there's any commonality between the Milky Way replicators and the Asurans, it would be that they're built on neutronium, which is essential in replicator technology. So just wild guessing, the Ancients might have had found a planet where it's rich in neutronium when they started their rescearch on the replicators. So going through the Ancient database might help. Or we could even modify the Asgard beam to produce neutronium out of thin air.

All I'm saying is that, with naquada generators out of the question in terms of energy output, neutrino ion generators may be the best alternate energy source that would suit our immediate needs and one that we'd be able to replicate on our own.

sigpic

Comment

Actually (though it is not explained expressively) if there's any commonality between the Milky Way replicators and the Asurans, it would be that they're built on neutronium, which is essential in replicator technology. So just wild guessing, the Ancients might have had found a planet where it's rich in neutronium when they started their rescearch on the replicators. So going through the Ancient database might help. Or we could even modify the Asgard beam to produce neutronium out of thin air.

All I'm saying is that, with naquada generators out of the question in terms of energy output, neutrino ion generators may be the best alternate energy source that would suit our immediate needs and one that we'd be able to replicate on our own.

Weren't there replicators on the Russian sub that were made out of steel? Don't remember the episode, it was years ago that I saw it. Wouldn't this suggest that replicators don't need neutronium exclusively?

Comment

Originally posted by LostCityGuardian View Post
              Weren't there replicators on the Russian sub that were made out of steel? Don't remember the episode, it was years ago that I saw it. Wouldn't this suggest that replicators don't need neutronium exclusively?
              Gkyun was referring to human-form Replicators, not the more common spider-forms. In an S8-The New Order (can't remember which part) Thor mentions that Neutronium is vital to creating human-form Replicators.

Comment

Originally posted by LostCityGuardian View Post
                human form replicators do, and as far as we've seen, the only replicators in the pegasus galaxy are human form
                Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
                Check out my Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese View Post
                  human form replicators do, and as far as we've seen, the only replicators in the pegasus galaxy are human form
                  Cool. I stand corrected.

Comment

Or we could even modify the Asgard beam to produce neutronium out of thin air.
                    or we can use the Asgard beam to make zpms out of thin air
                    Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                    Anime signature in spoiler tag
                    Spoiler:
                    Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Or we could even modify the Asgard beam to produce neutronium out of thin air.
                      If the Asgard could replicate it they would've needed to settle on a planet that was rich in neutronium.
                      sigpic
                      "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
                      Signature made by RJB

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese View Post
                        The asuaran have organic components, the mw replicators do not, why assume they need one of the same materials when they have at least 1 different?

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                          The asuaran have organic components, the mw replicators do not, why assume they need one of the same materials when they have at least 1 different?
                          i don't remember hearing they're organic in nature, but all that means is that it's Carbon based...I don't have cable either, so I may have missed something...
                          Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
                          Check out my Flickr

Comment

Neutronium is essential for the human form replicators that we met in the MW galaxy and Ida. On the other hand we don't know if that's true for the Asurans. They are very different from the other replicators, it's possible they don't need neutronium at all.

Comment

This is all just based on assumptions with the facts available - after O'Neill got his head stuck into the Ancient repository for the second time 'round, he was able to devise a method to disrupt the kiron pathways between the replicator nanites. This suggested that the Ancients were already familiar with kiron-based technology, thus establishing the common link between Milky Way/Ida replicators and the Asurans, that both races have very similar, if not same, basic make-up.

So I think it's safe to say that because the Milky Way replicators needed neutronium to replicate themselves, and since the Asurans are nanite-based (probably kiron), they would also need neutronium for replication.

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                              or we can use the Asgard beam to make zpms out of thin air
                              Well this could be difficult since we don't know how ZPMs are made. Remember in Unending Carter was able to modify the Asgard beam to synthesize basic materials such as food, oxygen and even Teal'c's tretonin because we know what those things are made of. Neutronium is just a heavy element most commonly found in the core of a neutron star, and it shouldn't be that difficult to replicate since it was so widely used by the Asgard. But then it brings about another question - why hadn't the Asgard tried this before?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X