Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lorne the new head of atlantis security?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It depends on which of the lieutenant colonels is put in command. Like in SG-1 with Carter and Mitchell. With had the same rank, but Mitchell was given command of SG-1 by Landry. Or like when Sheppard was in command of Atlantis military decisions despite a full bird Colonel Caldwell in the picture.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

as much as i like the idea of lorne as head of security, my gut instinct is that he's used because

a) he's popular
      b) he's a known entity with the producers...ie someone they've worked with before
      c) it's easier to use him than to hire and cast a stranger. although, had kavan had other work, i'm sure someone else woulda been doing his job in this case
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

As long as he's actually used well in an episode, it doesn't really matter to me if he's Head of Security or not. His skills are obviously trusted though.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

hear, hear

Lorne is one of my favorite characters on the show simply because, to me, he's so 'real'. his reactions harken back to the older days of SG1, which i really enjoyed
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            hear, hear

Lorne is one of my favorite characters on the show simply because, to me, he's so 'real'. his reactions harken back to the older days of SG1, which i really enjoyed
            He's fantastic.

As to this question, I seem to recall him being the head of a security team back when Shep and Weir were taken over by feuding aliens. His security team came about Weir and, when he told her to surrender, she took 'em all out in a very non-Weirlike manner.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              As long as he's actually used well in an episode, it doesn't really matter to me if he's Head of Security or not. His skills are obviously trusted though.
              Agree! I really like Lorne and I'm glad he is still used on the show, and I hope we will see more of him this season. I also think he may be the new head of security. We haven't really seen anyone since Bates, and Lorne would be a perfect choise as I get the feeling he is sort of acting the part, and no doubt John seems to trust him.

Comment

Originally posted by Über View Post
                He's fantastic.

As to this question, I seem to recall him being the head of a security team back when Shep and Weir were taken over by feuding aliens. His security team came about Weir and, when he told her to surrender, she took 'em all out in a very non-Weirlike manner.
                That was "The Long Goodbye." He and three marines that he was leading were following Weir and you're right she took him and the others right out. Then he ended up spending the rest of the episode trapped in the corridor and he reappeared at the end to call a medical team for Sheppard and Weir.

Comment

Working...
                X