Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lorne the new head of atlantis security?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Lorne the new head of atlantis security?

Hey just a question, did lorne replace bates? I think he must have, i mean tabula Rasa and in others lorne is like the go to guy for shepard. I like it, lornes one of my favourite recurring characters, just below zelenka.

Hmm...lost track of what i was trying to say lol
    Tep
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

No, i dont think he is head of security, maybe an assistant to the head of security, but no more.
    in tabula rasa he was just the head of a search team, that's just what i think.
    http://www.silvup.net/images/dmbkep8vqzynqwi.jpg

Comment

Yeah I'd say Lorne is definitely becoming Shep's second hand man around Atlantis...

Comment

i think he just leads a team proabaly team 2 of atlantis. but he is just used as security if needed

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

In total agreement with tep!

Lorne is great! I rele liked the episode sunday as we learned a little more about Lorne's back story. I think we need to see more atlantis teams...
            lorne, zelenka...???

perhaps this would forge a greater bond with sg1?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              Yeah I'd say Lorne is definitely becoming Shep's second hand man around Atlantis...
              True, though i do have a feeling they are pushing him more into the role of security chief.

Comment

Nothing has really been said about what his position is, before or after Carter took command.
                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

well he has been around for a while so hes well overdue for a promotion i guess.

wasnt he around in sg1 also?
                  sigpic

Comment

He was in 7x07 Enemy Mine.

Comment

and was the leader of an AU sg1 in the road not taken
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well no I don't think he is the head of security - He seems to have his own offworld team based on what we saw in Coup D'etat. But, given that he is the highest ranking officer after Carter and Sheppard (unless there's another Major hiding him/herself somewhere on the base) it would make sense that Lorne would be actively leading Atlantis' soldiers when Sheppard and Carter are busy rather than the head of security (whoever that may be).

Comment

Well my point was that bates is gone, he went in S2, leaving Shepard and Lorne the two highest ranking officers, now Shepard and Lorne do have thier own teams(Lorne and Zelenka, plus two others) but i think hes also second in command on the military side. Not only does he reguarly take up shep position when hes not there, he has been seen leading both Atlantis's and the Deadalus' figher wing, im talking about the asteroid incident. Recently he was the one flying the jumpers to go rescue shepard and co in the one just before tabula rasa with ronans friends. He was also leading SGA-1 when shepard wasnt there in Travellers. So there is alot of evidence to surgest that he does lead Atlantis's Security forces when shepard isnt there. From Tabula rasa i would do as far as to say hes head of atlantis security, a role that wasnt filled post bates but it makes sense for lorne, someone who not only rank wise but experience wise (hes been part of the gate program for 5+ years) he is also the most likely choice for that role. After shepard..
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by KiLL3r View Post
                            well he has been around for a while so hes well overdue for a promotion i guess.

wasnt he around in sg1 also?
                            but then there would be 3 colonels on Atlantis
                            Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            He was in 7x07 Enemy Mine.
                            yup good episode
                            Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            and was the leader of an AU sg1 in the road not taken
                            and he is a painter

Comment

Originally posted by Niteshadow View Post
                              but then there would be 3 colonels on Atlantis

yup good episode

and he is a painter
                              Two would be Lieutenant Colonel's and the other Colonel.

IIRC, It also goes by experience. The L.C. with the longest amount of time holding the rank has more control than the Lt. Colonel with the littlest. So if something happened to Carter, Sheppard, although the same rank as a promoted Lorne, would have seniority.
                              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                              X