Rings on Atlantis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jper View Post
    Wouldn't you call the gates to be their biggest legacy? And imho it is a sensitive technology. Especially since what it allowed other races to do with it. The truth is the Ancients probably just did not care. But in the end that came back to bite them, didn't it and so then only then they built in the safeguard of the gene.
    I personally think that the ancients crowning achievement was the step of ascension. They did safe guard the gate in the control tower with the use of a shield so that no one could just come into atlantis without them knowing who it was. IMHO, the ancients left the milky way for pegasus with the intention of ascension, because they didn't make that many leaps technologically once they were there. Everything they did seems to have stopped in it's research phase, rather than practical application. Replicators may have been the exception.
    An infinite universe contains an equally infinite amount of knowledge.

Comment

In Remnants S5, you see Woolsey in the transporter with that woman and there's that flash of light as it transports him to the section his quarters are in. And it makes a similar sound to the rings, but you don't actually see them, there's just a flash of light.
      sigpic
      McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
      Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
      ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

idk if we can really say that the rings are completely outdated, the ori were plenty advanced yet only used a version of rings. And I agree with what has already been said, that with rings on both the antarctic base and taonas it is likely that the chambers on atlantis are at the very least compatible with rings.
        but remember what thor said to o'neill after removing the repository from his skull? the asgard had been studying the ancient's tech for thousands of years and had made great progress but still had only barely scratched the surface. i think the shows portray the ancients as varying from different stages of utilitarianism and radicalism in their technology which might give some indication of their government philosophies as well. it may be that because of priority disagreements they didn't fully implement all of their advancements even though they had the tech to do so.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Turboz View Post
          That was my understanding of it too
          if that's the case then that tech is likely similar to wraith cull beams... they beam something up and hold on to it until it's released... begs the question then of how the wraith got that particular piece of ancient tech (and why their language is very similar to the ancients). i'm just saying that i don't think the wraith's creation was as much of an accident as we are led to believe....
          sigpic

Comment

Good point.. Perhaps it was an experiment in combining races together, that went wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ashman2 View Post
              I was thinking that something along those lines, like if an ancient ship in orbit had a transport booth it would be somehow be automatically connected to the set in Atlantis and then they could beam straight down.
              I think so too,its led to the belief that it may even be compatible with the "elevators" on destiny, which "Go more than up and down" -Eli Wallace, Intrusion

Comment

Working...
              X