Rings on Atlantis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rings on Atlantis?

I know that we haven't seen them (at least I don't think so) but shouldn't there be ring transporters on Atlantis? Especially since the Goa'uld copied the ring technology from the Ancients. The transporters to go between levels also seem to work on the same principle, so where are the rings?

i think the little booth things they use to transport are the rings...just without the ring part...in the episode echo we see the injured ancient pilot in one of those booths..so its possible he beamed into it from his ship..but who knows..

*-*Superman*-*
    sigpic

Comment

They definitley need to give us a first person view of using the Atlantis booths. We've gotten with it the gate, even got it with the rings but not the booths.

That said, the Atlantis booths are as close to rings as you can get. They serve the same purpose but I don't believe they are as powerful as they only seem to be active around the city.

We've never seen a ring transporter but considering they had millions of upgrade so it could be possible that the booth system replaced rings and the two are not compatible (as the diameter of rings are bigger than booths).

sigpic

Comment

Maybe it is just an advancement in technology of the rings.
        Disliked a recent episode?
        Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
        The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman195 View Post
          i think the little booth things they use to transport are the rings...just without the ring part...in the episode echo we see the injured ancient pilot in one of those booths..so its possible he beamed into it from his ship..but who knows..

*-*Superman*-*

I was thinking that something along those lines, like if an ancient ship in orbit had a transport booth it would be somehow be automatically connected to the set in Atlantis and then they could beam straight down.
          sigpic
          If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
          I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

Do you think that the Aurora class ships also have the booths then? Because we haven't seen the rings on them either (although I stand to be corrected since I haven't seen Travelers).

Comment

Originally posted by LostCityGuardian View Post
              Do you think that the Aurora class ships also have the booths then? Because we haven't seen the rings on them either (although I stand to be corrected since I haven't seen Travelers).
              It's hard to say because it's not like we saw much of the Aurora, we saw the Brig, the Bridge and a couple of corridors, it was not as if they were specifically trying to find one.
              sigpic
              If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
              I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                They definitley need to give us a first person view of using the Atlantis booths. We've gotten with it the gate, even got it with the rings but not the booths.
                We've had one before. For the people inside it is as if nothing happens.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  There has been a first person view of the transport booth, it was with Weir I believe. I will look hard to find the exact episode.

It didn't look like anything special. Same thing as stepping into an elevator.
                  Enter the Fargate...to steal intergalatic cable!

Comment

I agree, they should have rings on Atlantis since they were built by the Ancients. I think the reason they don't have rings is to make the show different than SG-1. The rings are considered old, and if you notice, everything in the PG is new/newer, how new is something 10,000 years old. The Puddle Jumpers, I would imagine, are the substitute for the rings in the PG. Think about it, other than the Time Machine, when has a Puddle Jumper appeared on SG-1?

: Green is Good.
                    sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Homeslice55 View Post
                      There has been a first person view of the transport booth, it was with Weir I believe. I will look hard to find the exact episode.

Wasn't there also one in Hide and Seek? With Jinto or friend of Jinto's?
                      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Homeslice55 View Post

There has been a couple of times they have shown it. I thought the idea of it was two show that when someone is transported they don't even realize it, as far as they are concerned, they haven't moved but they are in a different location, if that makes sense.

: Green is Good.
                        sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

rings are point to point transport.

The booths can beam you to any place on atlantis. You just tap the area and you are transported there.
                          Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                            rings are point to point transport.

The booths can beam you to any place on atlantis. You just tap the area and you are transported there.
                            Booths are point to point to, watch "The Storm" part 1&2

and IMO they have them so they can have the control screen, that would be alot of codes to remember, plus its an up grade from the slow bulky rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                              and IMO they have them so they can have the control screen, that would be alot of codes to remember, plus its an up grade from the slow bulky rings.
                              Plus you don't get chopped on by standing off centre
                              "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X