This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    If they were trying to shut up the antis, only the anti thread would have been closed. Everyone with an opinion can still post, they just can't do it in a dedicated pro/anti thread. At least not where S5 is concerned. Or any other issues that crop up between now and then.
    yeah but who has been bashed over the last couple of weeks the pros or the antis?

Originally posted by Niteshadow View Post
    well the mods have always said that there could rather everyone post in a thread where both view points could be expressed ...and now that can happen and people are just going to have to FINALLY LEARN TO GET ALONG
    yeah like thats going to happen this is just another way to get ride of the antis... all this means is that will be a free for all to attack the antis....

i am seriously steamed.. i'm taking a break
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
      I have issues with posting with most pro people, this will not help with the personal attacks.

this just seems like another way to get ride of someone who thinks like me

out of sight out of mind

truly rule after rule that has been created here lately seems only suit one side of the fandom. this means that the all the season discussion threads will be pro now... what will happen when an anti person posts in a general thread... we will be attacked.. posts picked apart, anti comments will not be allowed.

i've tried walking away before... this maybe the last straw....i'm going to think about it, but right now i am seriously not happy.

in the very least move the threads not lock them

but once again my opinion means nothing...
      gads i love being treated like dirt
      I understand where you are coming from. When I see someone not like an episode or bring out a flawed part that may not seem flawed to me, it might make me a little confused. However, I respect people's opinions, whether they liked an episode or not, and are not attacking my opinion for liking the show. A lot of different bboards have your basic Episode discussion threads where both kinds of people post, which are Pro and Anti. You also have your character appreciation threads, ship threads, game threads, and etc. There are also your Carter vs. Weir threads, which are always interesting to debate in them. Basically everyone is posting together, so heads are going to bunk. Like shadowmaat said above,

It isn't the negativity or positivity that's an issue, it's the hostilivity hostility of some of the various viewpoints that causes most of the friction.
      Basically, People take someone's opinion too personal and it turns into personal attacks and then a flame war. I've seen too many civil discussions turn sour. As long as the mods here are on the top of their game, there should be no issues. The fire should be put out before it spreads.
      sigpic

Comment

yeah but who has been bashed over the last couple of weeks the pros or the antis?
        Hence Sky saying that the mods would start wearing heavier gloves, now, and not letting people get away with things they've been getting away with so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          Hence Sky saying that the mods would start wearing heavier gloves, now, and not letting people get away with things they've been getting away with so far.

yeah but who is going to get the heavy hand? i can't help but think its going to be biast

i'm sorry i have lost faith
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
          ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
          Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

yeah but who is going to get the heavy hand? i can't help but think its going to be biast

i'm sorry i have lost faith
            well the mods have to do whats best for the whole forum....we are here for discuss the show not fight tooth and nail in every post.

people don't like it's not like gw is the only stargate forum

Comment

Originally posted by Niteshadow View Post
              we are here for discuss the show not fight tooth and nail in every post.
              Are you sure about that?

Comment

I want to have faith in this, but the past months have soured me to the ideas of tolerance and respect on GW. Too many threads where someone makes a passing ding at anti posters, even when it has zero to do with the topic...

Good luck mods, you have your work cut out for you as always.

ETA: Does this mean that when the s5 subforum finally opens then pro/anti s5 threads won't be allowed there either? Or can pro/anti s5 threads be created then? Are we talking about the complete abolishment of pro/anti season threads as we know it after s4?
                Last edited by ToasterOnFire; 04 November 2007, 08:41 PM.

Comment

God I hope so.

A few hours in and everything seems to be going fine. Remember that the Anti/Pro threads have been in action for YEARS now; nothing says that it will get as bad as some people think; we're now dealing with a whole new generation of posters.

Comment

This is just going to turn up the heat on the Anti's, we know no-one wants to hear what we say but throwing us to the dogs is not the way to do it

Unclean *Rings bell*

Unclean *Rings bell*

Comment

Yay! Is all I have to say.

Comment

Yes, it should be interesting, I wonder if once all hell breaks loose we'll go back to the pro and anti threads.

Don't worry, dear antis, we will still be able to express our opinion, I just hope the mods do their job properly.
                        Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                        at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Before I start, i'm neither pro or anti - I enjoy the show ... but can see a huge number of flaws in it ...

Um - neither? ... As far as i can see, any decisions made have been the same for both sides ... which brings me to my next point - the fact that sides exist anyway. I've always hated the idea of pro and anti threads in the first place let alone recently. It just segragates people into teams which'll never see eye to eye because the other one is the evil enemy!

Hopefully, this will force both sides to play together again, which means the opposing viewpoints can be expressed and debated, rather than the 'This is what is right and proper, and the other lot are heretical and should be removed from my presence' kind of attitude. If you can't acknowledge the fact that the other 'sides' opinion is just as valid as you're own, then, to be frank, I don't really want to play with you anyway.

As for the 'but if i post in there, i'll get bullied' point of view ... that's an excuse. Nothing that is against the rules will persist, because the mods are always fair in my experience. Of course, you may still feel oppressed, but that's probably because you'll letting yourself be - being far too sensitive and close minded.

So - here's the final thoughts ... aimed at both 'sides' - OPEN YOUR MINDS! Both sides have valid arguments and points, and the beauty of a place like this is that they can be expressed all in the same place and debated on. However, for far too long the two opposing viewpoints have been separated, now they're back together. Which is absolutely fantastic.
                          I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

if you guys will notice, BOTH pro and anti s5 threads have been closed. There's no favoritism.

This hasn't been done to chase away the anti's. It has been done for no other reason than to curtail the divisions that were frankly making this forum exceedingly unwelcoming.

I am VERY aware that tha anti's are the most picked on. Trust me. I am still an active participant of the anti s9 and 10 thread and not a day went by without us being attacked. I know how it feels. I have personally been taken to task for my opinions and feelings. I have been told to bugger off and go away. So i DO know how you feel.

To that end...if you say you hate a scene from tabula rasa and someone says 'you idiot, how can you not love it', REPORT THEM. And let us handle them.

I will say, however, that if they disagree with you within the bounds of the rules, that's discussion folks. and it applies the same to a pro fan who post 'omg, squeeeee, that was teh best scene evah!!!!!!' adn someone posts 'i don't agree with you. I found it boring'....well, pro fan, that is a valid post and a respectful disagrement, so it stands.

At the end of the day, no matter what we do, someone will hate it, someone will seen it as a personal attack and someone will think we're picking on them.

Can't change that. Fact of life. Nothing we can do will ever make everyone happy. However,t he situation as it stood, was unsustainable and had to change
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                              ETA: Does this mean that when the s5 subforum finally opens then pro/anti s5 threads won't be allowed there either? Or can pro/anti s5 threads be created then? Are we talking about the complete abolishment of pro/anti season threads as we know it after s4?
                              We'll see how it goes.

Madeleine

Comment

beyond the character and relationship areas, any 'pro' and 'anti' threads will be created by the mods. If anyone creates one of thier own(outside of C&R), we'll most likely close it.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X