removal of atlantis DHD control crystal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removal of atlantis DHD control crystal

Since when does removing the control crystal of a DHD affect dialling the gate with another DHD. In the past the jumper can dial the gate even if the planet doesn't have a DHD at all. In 205 - Condemned that planet didn't have a DHD and we know the jumper can dial the earth gate so what is going on? Did the writers recognise this problem but chose to disregard it? If so wouldn’t it have been better not to acknowledge it in the episode at all.

I'll have to rewatch this episode to fully understand. I am slightly unsure why.

Comment

well they were forgetting everything anyway
      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Not sure, perhaps its different on atlantis, maybe it renders the entire gate inactive, sort of like having the television turned off and trying to turn the channel with the remote control, just throwing out ideas here, i dont know myself

Comment

Doesn't the removal of the control crystal prevent them from dialing Earth?

There is some reference in Home S1, might have to watch that episode again to be sure.
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

They didn't say remove the DHD's control crystal, they said remove the Gate's control crystal. Without the DHD one, they can just use another DHD one, without the Gate's one, they are S.O.L.

Comment

Originally posted by Tibit View Post
              They didn't say remove the DHD's control crystal, they said remove the Gate's control crystal. Without the DHD one, they can just use another DHD one, without the Gate's one, they are S.O.L.
              your right they did say gate control crystal. I suppose they did mention the gate having crystals before when tealc got stuck in the gate so they didn't just come up with that foir this episode which is good. I didn't think they said DHD i just thought they said control crystal so yeah that solves that thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by redrama9 View Post
                your right they did say gate control crystal. I suppose they did mention the gate having crystals before when tealc got stuck in the gate so they didn't just come up with that foir this episode which is good. I didn't think they said DHD i just thought they said control crystal so yeah that solves that thanks.
                Yeah the gates have super conductive crystals that make the wormhole so by removing that, it's just a nice decoration.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                  Not sure, perhaps its different on atlantis, maybe it renders the entire gate inactive, sort of like having the television turned off and trying to turn the channel with the remote control, just throwing out ideas here, i dont know myself
                  I've always thought the same thing.
                  I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                    I've always thought the same thing.
                    Mabey but they removed the gates controll crystal not the dhd's.

Comment

Then it's not even an issue.
                      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                        Then it's not even an issue.
                        Exactly. No controll crystal the gate is just a very expensive and really nice decoration nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                          More accurate analogy would be having two remotes, removing the batteries from one remote and the other one stops working.

(Yes, I know they removed the gates CC. The analogy was just bugging me. )

Comment

Working...
                          X