This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam Baldwin

Also known as David Dixon in SG-1, and Jayne in Firefly. How many episodes has he been in? The only ones that I've seen him in is Heros Part 1 and 2.
    A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Sadly, those are the only two. I have been rooting for more SG-13 since that episode(s) first aired. If they can keep finding ways to write in Pete, why can't they find ways to write in Dixon and SG-13? If I remember correctly, SG-1 always takes a second unit on off-world missions now - why not make it SG-13? Ah, well, maybe they'll make it to Atlantis . . .

-tera'ngan
    nuqDaq yuch Dapol

Comment

Originally posted by tera'ngan
      Sadly, those are the only two. I have been rooting for more SG-13 since that episode(s) first aired. If they can keep finding ways to write in Pete, why can't they find ways to write in Dixon and SG-13? If I remember correctly, SG-1 always takes a second unit on off-world missions now - why not make it SG-13? Ah, well, maybe they'll make it to Atlantis . . .

-tera'ngan

yes, i would definitely vote for more SG13 then any more pete. i've put dixon in fanfics since then, he was so funny, and yet so capable, and the entire team had such a bond, and distinct, developed characters. i really liked them all, and i would like to see them all back.
      Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Only those two episodes? Damn. His character was so cool. "Disqualified for being a dumbass."

I was rooting for him to get the Atlantis part, but sadly, he's not in that either. Oh well, I can see him in Serenity when that comes out next year.
        A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

Yes, Colonel Dixon. Want him back. It doesn't have to be more than a couple of guest appearances, preferably on Atlantis actually, but I really would like to see more of him. Great character and played wonderfully by AB.
          Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

oh yes, i love dixon. he and his team are so great.

they definitely need to be back more. and yes, i've put him in a fic or two as well.

if there happens to be a s9, i sincerely hope that dix is in it. and i agree, if they can keep writing pete in, they can write dix in. (course i also feel that if adam baldwin was a director's brother, we'd be having more dixon )
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Maybe in the future they'll use him again if the need to sacrifise some SG members
              Non Fui, Fui, Non Sum, Non Curo

Comment

No! There will be no sacrifice of any kind!

Last edited by Ugly Pig; 06 October 2004, 09:35 AM. Reason: Fixed the darn smiley.
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig

Umm..okay <backs away slowly>...if you say so.

Actuallym i woudn't want any of them to die either. Although i do see that sometimes there has to be a sacrifice to ram home the point that they really could die without a moment's notice (i've written it myself, in my original fiction), and that no-one is totally invulnerable and so on, i think they achieved all that with the death of janet. i really don't think, at this stage, after heroes, anyone else needs to go like that.

umm..back to the topic....i got the feeling dixon and jack were friends, at least that's how i've written them. anyone else think so?

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                    umm..back to the topic....i got the feeling dixon and jack were friends, at least that's how i've written them. anyone else think so?
                    Sure, why not? I think Dixon called him "Jack", didn't he?
                    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Sure, why not? I think Dixon called him "Jack", didn't he?

cool. so maybe some scenes of the two of them hanging out in the commissary or something would be fun, they seem to play off each other well, in the five seconds they were on screen together.

Comment

UgPig has spoken. So it is be written; so let it be done.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I'm actually really glad he didn't get the part in Atlantis. I'm not sure I could have stood him dying, as I believe that's the part he tried out for. Besides, I like him a lot better in comic roles than in serious ones.

Meanwhile, I shall continue watching Firefly (curses, Fox!), and eagerly anticipating Serenity! Jayne is just too funny.
                          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                          Last update: 14 April 2006
                          Melyanna's Multimedia
                          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Well, looks like this time Knowles Rohrer got to live instead of John Doggett. Sorry, I just find it ironic that the two Philers would be vying for the same part.

Comment

Originally posted by JediTrilobite
                              Only those two episodes? Damn. His character was so cool. "Disqualified for being a dumbass."
                              It was Smartass IIRC, one of his tema had just betted there'd be trees.
                              sigpic
                              Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                              X