Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Second Lieutenant

Default Colonial Pearl Harbor - [Massive Spoilers - DO NOT ENTER (RAZOR SPOILERS)]

Hi Everyone

I will warn you, this will spoil everything.

Spoiler:

My buddy just showed me BSG Razor. Did you guys notice that it kinda reminded you of Pearl Harbor???

And the other Battlestar that got wiped out in the beginning, it looked similar to the Battlestar Galactica (obviously not though).

Default Re: Colonial Pearl Harbor - [Massive Spoilers - DO NOT ENTER (RAZOR SPOILERS)]

Spoiler:
    It has been said that there were originally 12 battlestars, it would be likely to assume many of these are still in service, they all look like Galactica. Afterwards, the total number came up to some 120, we know of at least 3 types of battlestars: Galactica, Pegasus, Valkyrie. It would be likely to assume that these are indeed classes of Battlestar and that there are more of them then just the one.

Second Lieutenant

Default Re: Colonial Pearl Harbor - [Massive Spoilers - DO NOT ENTER (RAZOR SPOILERS)]

Starbuck's spoiler

Spoiler:

Did you guys notice at the end with the 1st Generation Hybrid, that he kept on saying that Starbuck is the "deathbringer"?

Could this mean that Starbuck is an evil cylon?

I'm not sure anymore. I was counting on starbuck being a cylon. If not, then I think that Laura Roslin is the cylon.

Quote Originally Posted by McSwift View Post
    Starbuck's spoiler

Spoiler:

Did you guys notice at the end with the 1st Generation Hybrid, that he kept on saying that Starbuck is the "deathbringer"?

Could this mean that Starbuck is an evil cylon?

I'm not sure anymore. I was counting on starbuck being a cylon. If not, then I think that Laura Roslin is the cylon.
    I still cannot accept how easily most humans (including Laura and Kara) believe every word that comes out from a Cylon mouth. Cylons are the enemy. TheyŽve wiped out almost all the human race....I wouldnŽt accept them being worrid for the human race.

"All of this has happened before, all this will happen again".

It seems the Fleet has turned into the 13th Colony.....I accept that, but I wouldnŽt believe a word from a Cylon.

Quote Originally Posted by McSwift View Post
    Hi Everyone

I will warn you, this will spoil everything.

Spoiler:

My buddy just showed me BSG Razor. Did you guys notice that it kinda reminded you of Pearl Harbor???

And the other Battlestar that got wiped out in the beginning, it looked similar to the Battlestar Galactica (obviously not though).

I hope SCIFI CHANNELL will endlessly regret letting BSG go in 4 seasons....and we will have Caprica. IŽd love to see more 1st Cylon War.

The attack DID look terrific and I only wish weŽd have a whole miniseries devoted to Pegassus. I felt it was too short.

Quote Originally Posted by DOIKECARTER View Post
    I hope SCIFI CHANNELL will endlessly regret letting BSG go in 4 seasons....and we will have Caprica. IŽd love to see more 1st Cylon War.
    That's not even going to be part of the series, if it is ever picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    That's not even going to be part of the series, if it is ever picked up.
    Of course. I was only thinking about worst-case scenario. Caprica would be a totally different series and the Cylon War would-should be the end of it. I was playing devil, imagining myself being one TPTB who decide what shows are developed and which ones not.
    Razor has been first and foremost a great entertainment, full of action and reminded how rich BSG universe is or might be. Those glimpses of Scorpia Shipyard were awesome, the scenes of young Bill Adama were familiar and the Old Cylons looked fabulous!
    So many Battlestar Galactica stories might be told.....I guess IŽll feed on fanfiction.

Second Lieutenant

If anything, they should revamp the "Caprica" series, and introduce how the cylons went astray.

They should really make the show starring the guy who played the Young Bill Adama. It would be interesting to see a show based on the past.

Start up cost would be nothing. New cast, same set, same CGI (the show is based on the old Battlestar Galactica anyways).

I loved the way Pegasus burned the retro jets and obliterated the dock as it tried to escape. That whole sequence must have cost an absolute fortune in FX but damn was it ever worth it.

If you look closely you can even see a few of the "reimagined galactica" models that were rejected get blown up here.

Nico Cortez really IS Bill Adama and making Caprica during the 1st Cylon War would be really interesting for BSG fans, for new ones. Familiar sets using all BSG sets, Mark II Vipers......it would be terrific.

Chief Master Sergeant

Wraith Re: Colonial Pearl Harbor - [Massive Spoilers - DO NOT ENTER (RAZOR SPOILERS)]

well if they are going to make caprica are they going to keep any of the bsg sets? or are they going to remake them from scratch when they need to?

i'd like to see some of the other colonies not just caprica

Quote Originally Posted by deathskull View Post
    well if they are going to make caprica are they going to keep any of the bsg sets? or are they going to remake them from scratch when they need to?

i'd like to see some of the other colonies not just caprica
    ItŽs not as if you have to build sets from scratch.....as in Atlantis, for example. IŽd love to see the rest of the Colonies too

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
    If you look closely you can even see a few of the "reimagined galactica" models that were rejected get blown up here.
    Oh yeah? All I saw were a few Galactica-class and Valkyrie-class Battlestars, I don't suppose you could point out where these reject models appear?
    Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
    Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
    Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
    - Serenity

Quote Originally Posted by Mefusta View Post
    Oh yeah? All I saw were a few Galactica-class and Valkyrie-class Battlestars, I don't suppose you could point out where these reject models appear?
    Right around 13:30 after it cuts outside to the pegasus being bombed by raiders there a battlestar in the foreground as some missiles fly by in the background. It's fairly large but completely dark. It's one of the early attempts at a galactica apparently. Look at the weird flight pod design.

Ah, here we go:

Look at the weird flight pod design.
    Wow, you weren't kidding. Looks like they toyed with the idea of static pods early on. Makes me really appreciate the final design, ribs and all.
    Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
    Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
    Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
    - Serenity

Right around 13:30 after it cuts outside to the pegasus being bombed by raiders there a battlestar in the foreground as some missiles fly by in the background. It's fairly large but completely dark. It's one of the early attempts at a galactica apparently. Look at the weird flight pod design.
    the valkirie is there to you see it crash into the ship yard

Sig For Me!

Quote Originally Posted by DOIKECARTER View Post

The attack DID look terrific and I only wish weŽd have a whole miniseries devoted to Pegassus. I felt it was too short.

As to the future of BSG. I believe that Carprica will become a MINI-SERIES, and IF it does well maybe end up as a series like BSG did.
    Witht he writers strike its uncertain whether a full season will happen in 08 or half 08 and half 09????

From what I seen of Razor so far. I believe the Cylon attack that took out the fleet does remind you of a Pearl Harbor like attack. the big difference between the new Galactica and the classic is all the fleet was in one place and took out at once where as in the new series with Cylon used
    Baltar and with human looking Cylon covertly helped take down Colonial defenses attacking base after base.

Staff Sergeant

is their any site online were i can download razor or watch it early i know their are screenings tonight or tommorow for some of u in the big cities but i was not luky enough to go to that. So if anyone can help me out with seeing Razor early it would be appreciated.

Here's another shot of the Scorpoin fleet yards before the attack started with a few more ships I could pick out.

Take note of the battlestar in the background first. It's a galactica/columbia class right? No, look at the size of the frackin' thing. It's significantly bigger than the Pegasus even, and it's further away from the camera!

There seems to be a Valkyrie parked next to peggy and some sort of weird little triangular ship off to the left which might just be part of the dockyard structure itself. It's hard to tell.

What's interesting is that the proto galactica from the other shot doesn't seem to be in this one. Maybe it hasn't shown up for repairs yet?

Just got back from the BSG Convention in Burbank. The guys at Quatntum Mechanix mentioned that an extended version of of the attack on the Scorpoin Shipyard was produced, but had to be cut because of time. This extended version of the attack will NOT be on the DVD. However, they may decide to post the clip on their website when the Razor DVD gets released on December 4th.

Their site is http://www.quantummechanix.com

They also mentioned that the Scorpoin Shipyard contains several class of Battlestars (Valkyrie, Pegasus and Galactica).
    Last edited by BlueCrushFan; November 17th, 2007 at 05:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast