X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Joe Mallozzi's Blog:

TABULA RASA (406)

I liked this episode a lot but, and how’s this for irony, don’t remember that much about the production given that I had my hands full with Reunion at the time. This was, of course, our version of memento with an SF twist. Writer-producer Alan McCullough did a terrific job on the script and the cast (David Hewlett in particular) did an equally terrific job with the material.

I do recall this episode shooting during an international press junket (as they called it) that saw a number of reporters from European magazines descend on the Bridge Studios for an official Q&A with the show’s creators and cast – after which they hung around to do some cameos (they all appear in the big in mess hall scene). Among those who put in an appearance was G4?s Zach Selwyn (Attack of the Show) who got a slightly meatier role as a result of this video:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
      This was a pretty good episode, better than I thought it was going to be. I set my standard low for this one. Next week's episode looks freaking awesome.
      I did the same thing this time around.

I like how they twisted the plot around, kind of. It was interesting how Carter became a civilian (in a way) in this episode.

I can't think of anything else.

Tomorrow, 2 of our people go missing.
      sigpic

Comment

Watching this made me feel better about forgetting stuff, at least it's not to this degree! Loved the opening scene with a confused McKay panicking and then seeing the video of himself telling him not to panic!

Pretty entertaining watching everyone forgetting things and then trying to use different ways to try and remember them. Clever idea of people remembering different things and then getting together to put the memories of the search for Teyla back in McKay's mind long enough for him to find her.

The photo of Sheppard with the message 'This is your commanding officer' Ronon held onto to show the rest of the military guys was funny. All in all this turned out to be quite an entertaining episode, not one I remember having seen before, (no pun intended! )

Comment

Not a bad ep. It was very clever.

The start had a very creepy feel to it.

Ronon stunning Shep was funny. Never gets old.

Not much else to say really.
          sigpic

Comment

MIdweek, another ep of Atlantis.

1. Creepy start.

2. Sam being mistaken for a civilian. Oops.

3. Forgot about Katie's part in things.

Cool ep.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I don't think this episode would have been as good without the non-linear storyline. 10 minutes in a row of McKay running would have gotten boring. I like it better of us cutting between the amnesic Atlantis and the past of how the disease affected Atlantis. Its nothing special as it pretty simliar to the standard Stargate disease episode. But at the same time I do like using the home planet as the source of the disease. The way the teams go through these galaxies they really should get diseases more often. So overall it was good if the solution was a little simplistic. The notion of a weed being a cure is not far fetched considering how many Earth drugs come from plants. I take a grain of salt the ease that it was to make this a gas. The potency of drugs don't usually work that and it was too simple to turn it into a gas. Crazy Zelenka was a blast to see none the less.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Zelenka made this ep imo... His acting was some of his best@!

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                  Wow, weird.
                  Agree with Jel and Garhkal about Zelenka.
                  "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                  "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                  "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                  "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                  >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Ta very much... Nice to be agreed with!

Comment

Well, you make a very good point!
                      Also, Radek being the only one (I believe) not to be 'captured' by Lorne's team is pretty impressive in itself, all things considered.
                      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Brilliant episode. Loved it, one of my faves this far...

Loved Zelenka, he was totally paranoid, great acting

Sam was cool with her long hair...

Rodney was actually showing he had empathy (And all he needed was to press the enter key)

Ronon stunned Sheppard ... And convinced him they were friends

Katie survived

Lorne, he was kind of cool...

Sheppard - Good idea with the photo

and of course Teyla ... She always have me impressed when she goes running (even though she got caught)

I'm sorry about all the smily's , couldn't help it
                        Last edited by Cluas; 21 February 2013, 11:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                          Zelenka wielding a pipe and bashing soldiers. It's always the quiet ones, y'know..
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                            First off, ^^ this vid just made my night. Hahaha. So fantastic. First time watching this ep!

I thought it was a really great spin on Memento (one of my favorite movies). I thought everyone did wonderful in this episode. Shoutout to McKay for his wonderful acting. Especially his scenes with Katie. We never get to see that side of him and it was great. I was so afraid she was dead when they first cut to her. Also, shoutout to Radek. He was so hilarious. Good for him for avoiding capture. Hahah.

Last thought: "Never gets old."
                            sigpic
                            [call me loser.]

Comment

Working...
                            X