• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Tabula Rasa' (406) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FOUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 406

When a virus causes amnesia in everyone except Teyla and Ronon, the Atlantis team must work together to find a cure before their memories fade entirely.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 12:54 AM.

Definitely a good episode.

I am actually glad they didn't kill off Katie. I was afraid of that at the end.

I had figured it was some sort of Pegasus Galaxy thing.

I loved the McKay/Teyla and Shep/Ronon and Shep/Carter scenes.

Overall, I give it a 4/5.

Comment

The eps keep getting better and better and better!!

Comment

So how many people thought they had killed Katie in the end there? hehe.
        This episode had a very "Sunday" feel, in the fact that it utilized all the flash backs, one minute it's present day, the next it's 10 hour earlier.

I wonder if the writers felt the episode would not be interesting enough if it had been told straightforward, and thus needed to do all the bouncing around. I thought it was a great episode, just hope this back and forth doesn't become common place.

Comment

This was so much better than Sunday. And, I'd say it is better than all of the previous season 4 episodes. It was definitely more suspenseful. It wouldn't have been that way if it was just straightforward. However, the ending seemed a bit rushed.
          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

OMG, if they had tried to kill that Katie off too, I would have quit right now!

That Rodney/Katie storyline was too amazingly adorable! And the Ronan/Sheppard, Teyla/Rodney parts were just awesome.

Plus, I love how the alien child illness is how the whole Atlantis is saved...priceless! The mainland Ronan part with Sheppard was just cracking me up!

Really, one of the best yet this season for me!

But I still say, complete team episodes are a lot better in my opinion than when the entire story is focused on just one character (ie Travelers). Even though Rodney was kind of a focus- really everyone played a major great part in this one! .....

Comment

You know, this was a REALLY GOOD episode!!!

Zelenka wielding a pipe and bashing soldiers. It's always the quiet ones, y'know..

Lorne running around on speed. boy, he's going to crash bad.

And Teyla and Ronon both got to save the day.

And thank god, they did not kill Katie. For a second there, I thought, oh no, she's dead.

Heh, they got the Pegasus Galaxy version of the mumps

Comment

This episode had great character emphasis, and it was a very orginal episode.
                sigpic

Comment

I love a good mystery.

Tabula Rasa was a good mystery and a good solid episode. So far it's the first episode of the season I have even remotely liked. And thankfully I wholly enjoyed tonight's episode.

I especially loved the filmography and the use of a lens diffuser for that soft, hazy feel. It complimented the tone and feel of the episode very well.

It was also neat to see most of the cast out of their element. Basically opposite of how they all function normally in the show. For instance the greatest Rodney in-joke with merely pressing the Enter button on his computer terminal to save the day.

A solid A.

Comment

Did you guys see the new Sci-fi lineup for Friday? Woo hoo!

Flash Gordon 8/7c
                    Stargate Atlantis 9/8c
                    Stargate Atlantis(New) 10/9c
                    sigpic

Comment

My favorite episode of the season so far, written very well. Lots of suspense, and it was great seeing everyone work together (or work against each other) without any memory of anything. I was actually kinda hoping that Katie got killed at the end. *dodges flying objects* Its not that I don't like her character, its just that I think it would have made a good ending to the episode after how it was being built up. Then again, it would probably just reinforce the idea that Stargate writers hate doctors...

Oh, and FINALLY Teyla gets some kind of important role after such a long time!
                      Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                      Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                      Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                      --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

I think it was kinda interesting how Lorne and the soldiers were taking the pills and rounding up civilians, but they didn't know why.
                        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Meh.

It was interesting and different, I'll give it that. But it was only really suspenseful at the beginning because you knew they would eventually find teyla and that ronon and sheppard would eventually find the drug.

It seems a common habit with TPTB these days. There is a problem, then there is a bunch of dialog between the characters which essentially creates a plan to deal with said problem, and then the rest of the episode is just that plan being carried out. That and/or the ending is quick and cheesy.

I hate knowing how the episode is going to end 30 minutes in. However, if that is the case, I'd like it to be in an episode like this one.

On the flip side, the acting was superb and Martin Wood did an excellent job directing.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            Did you guys see the new Sci-fi lineup for Friday? Woo hoo!

Flash Gordon 8/7c
                            Stargate Atlantis 9/8c
                            Stargate Atlantis(New) 10/9c
                            Serious????

Comment

Originally posted by siXbrownSnakes2 View Post
                              Meh.

It was interesting and different, I'll give it that. But it was only really suspenseful at the beginning because you knew they would eventually find teyla and that ronon and sheppard would eventually find the drug.

It seems a common habit with TPTB these days. There is a problem, then there is a bunch of dialog between the characters which essentially creates a plan to deal with said problem, and then the rest of the episode is just that plan being carried out. That and/or the ending is quick and cheesy.

I hate knowing how the episode is going to end 30 minutes in. However, if that is the case, I'd like it to be in an episode like this one.
                              I suppose I agree with you somewhat, but thats generally how most Stargate episodes are set up. The ending gets resolved pretty quickly, and you can usually see it coming, but it was still fun to watch.
                              Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                              Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                              Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                              --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Working...
                              X