Good
    53.33%
    Fair
    13.33%
    Poor
    20.00%
    Terrible
    6.67%
    Last edited by Stargate: Horizon; 01 November 2007, 12:28 PM.

Well, the episode's up.

Enjoy!
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

That episode was alright, i didn't like it as much as the last episode, wasn't as much action in it as the last one

Still look forward to the next episode however

Comment

As always another great episode. Tom was great in this episode, him and Trelnak where awsome toghter. Tom getting Trelnak to see that there was another way and he did not have to follow the codex of loyalty just like sivok did during the battle at Ultera. Best line was when Tom said Sivok's people don't follow a codex of loyalty... they follow a codex of honor... so do you have a sense of honor... or are you just a mindless servant...? priceless.

Daniel was great also the writing for him was spot on. This episode really remineded me of early episode of Horizon and SG-1. They go through the gate get in trouble and get out of it. Daniel was classic in his role with Shalis, reasuring him that it would all work out in the end and telling him the only way you stop oppressors is by taking a stand. Was suprised that Shalis and Marlane both died though.

Chuck and Lenori where good, nice to see that Lenori and Chris sitll have breakfast together. Missed Zach Hoffmann, I know he didn't have a place in this episode, and that people seem not to like him but I have to say he has grown on me. Him talking to Daniel in The Gateway of the Gods was great I love how he makes people feel uncomfortable all the time.

Again another great episode verry nice debut for Colin Sanderson GREAT JOB. Thank you Alex Rubit for keeping the show fresh with new ideas and bring in new blood.
        Last edited by COMMANDER SIVOK; 02 November 2007, 12:34 PM.

Comment

I did wondered if there were other draque out there. It is only natural for a warrior race is suddenly divided.

though I do wonder if the team will find a small group who have given up there ways as warriors, and have hidden themselves on a distant world.

i also wonder if Horizon will ever get a vehicle like a puddle jumper of their own. Earth should have built there own sublight shuttles by now, and they do have the plans from atlantis. though modifiing the station might prove tricky.

Comment

They do have shuttles, but they are too large of course. I don't see how they don't have their own by now either as they have the designs for the Goua'ld Needle Thredder and know how the Atlantis puddlejumpers work

Comment

Originally posted by COMMANDER SIVOK View Post
              Was suprised that Shalis and Marlane both died though.
              This was something we decided on pretty late actually. In the initial drafts Shalis was always the only one who got killed at the end of act four. But somehow Marlane always kind of disappeared in act five; she was there, but she didn't really contribute too much. Eventually Colin suggested to kill her off rather than Shalis just to have a bit of a bigger impact. And I said let's just have them both die, which is probably less predicatable than having just Shalis die. I liked how it eventually turned out.

Missed Zach Hoffmann, I know he didn't have a place in this episode, and that people seem not to like him but I have to say he has grown on me. Him talking to Daniel in The Gateway of the Gods was great I love how he makes people feel uncomfortable all the time.
              That was one of my favorite moments too actually in "The Gateway of the Gods." I thought it was a lot of fun.

I think Zach and Zach episodes are to us kind of like what Ferengi episodes were to DS9, in that you either love them or you hate them. I personally love Zach, and think he's a great character. There'll always be people who'll disagree, but that doesn't mean he's about to go anywhere.

In fact, we have some big plans for Zach later this season. He was originally in "Reunited," but that scene ended up getting cut for time. The episode was running a little long, so there's two pretty big scenes that didn't make the final draft. But Zach will definitely be having his moments a little later this season.

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
                i also wonder if Horizon will ever get a vehicle like a puddle jumper of their own. Earth should have built there own sublight shuttles by now, and they do have the plans from atlantis. though modifiing the station might prove tricky.
                We do have the shuttles, as Lightbane said. They're pretty much what the puddlejumpers are to Atlantis.

It's very much possible that Earth has their own puddlejumpers by now; I definitely wouldn't rule that out. But we like to keep things like that intentionally vague, so that we could still choose to go either way with it.

But as for Horizon, they're just using the shuttles whenever they need a smaller ship to get to places. For now anyway.

Comment

Well you can always have the vorian space command deny the right to modify Horizon on such a scale, and then have them change their minds later. using the Bellephron to beam the jumper into the bay and out again it is of limited practical use but once or twice could be cool.

Just thoughts nothing more, and I don't expect a response saying yes we are doing this because that would give away valuable trade secrets.

Comment

IRT about Zach. I hate the man. I hated his scene in GotG. I was cringing. Was like watching reality TV.

Regarding this episode. Loved it. Was by no means an extraordinary episode but was great in that it was a "go through Gate, get in trouble" episode without essentially trying to be. I think it was in its connections to the Draque. Now, I had been expecting Sivok to show up in this so I was kinda disappointed when he didn't but the new ones were interesting.

Trelnak was very interesting, I thought. Felt almost bog standard but different at the sametime. It's wierd. That was the vibe I got throughout the entire episode. Same but different.

As for Daniel. Not entirely sure what I think yet. I kept hearing Sheppard's voice in this episode, not Daniel's so I dunno what the frack is going on there! lol Anyway, nice outing. Well done.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I think it would have been cool to have Sivok show up, but we don't really want him to turn into the tokein Draque episode guest star. Since this one focused quite a bit on what's up with the other Draque out there who haven't met Sivok (first heard about them in "Parti Pris," so it was about time), we figured we'd focus this episode on them.

As far as seeing Sivok, Trelnak, and Lonik all in one episode, might want to check out "Eden."
                      Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                      Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                      Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                      Stargate Destiny, Fan
                      Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Good episode which establish new future and interesting plots. The new pivotal Draque seems quite interesting and, at first, I thought that he had a personal vendetta to fullfil against Sivok. Glad that this wasn't the case, why that would be too typical!

I was out for a little vacation, so I didn't read the 4th ep. I'll try to make it before the next one

Thanks as ever guys!
                        sigpic
                        ~The place to take a break at Horizon~
                        - That's a lie!!!
                        - Indeed it is...

Comment

Better than last episode, thats for sure.

I found Daniel character to be... Daniel, even his quips were spot on and read like Daniel.

About the story, it felt more like classic Stargate - which is a good thing.

One thing that bothered me was Daniel's inability to keep Shalis in line. Having all those years with SG1 should have been enough to alert him that Shalis will be trouble. In fact, I wonder why he was allowed to go to the gate, clearly a hostile location. It would have made more sense to "surrender" him to the Drake while going with another Horizon team member.

A solid debut for Colin.

*** out of 4

Comment

Originally posted by jmm View Post
                            One thing that bothered me was Daniel's inability to keep Shalis in line. Having all those years with SG1 should have been enough to alert him that Shalis will be trouble.
                            That's an interesting point. But Shalis didn't intentionally alert the Draque at the gate. He much rather just panicked. I don't think there was a way for Daniel to know that things would happen the way they did. But if so... then all it shows is, he's not perfect. No one is.

In fact, I wonder why he was allowed to go to the gate, clearly a hostile location. It would have made more sense to "surrender" him to the Drake while going with another Horizon team member.
                            They didn't know for sure how heavily the gate would be guarded. It's also an interesting point, though. But who's to say that Shalis wouldn't have panicked as well if he had been with Sivea, Christine and David, when they surrendered? He probably would have the moment those Draque shot the villagers.

And it was a risky move anyway for them to surrender themselves like that. For all they know, the Drauqe could have just killed them. So from that point of view, it was safer for Shalis to have him stay with Daniel. In other words, Shalis was with Daniel for his own protection. The fact that Daniel didn't prevent Shalis from accidentally alerting the Draque is a valid point. But like I said, not even Daniel's perfect.

Comment

I really liked this episode. My life is getting in the way of Gatworld and Horizon reading lately so I just finished reading this.

Danny boys was fun to read. Its kind of strange to have him along the ride. This was a good episode and I can't to hear more from this Trelnak guy. Having 2 seperate Drague movements semi friendly to Earth is a lot better than just one. That way if one gets in trouble we still have the other one. Perhaps the Jaffa should of thought of that a long time ago...

I had a Feeling that Shalis actualy invited the Team over, good thing that wasn't the case. It cept me guessing on what would happen.

overall it was a "good" episode.
                              [An alarm is sounding. Harriman checks his watch as he and Siler stand, facing Ba'al's hologram.]
                              HARRIMAN
                              I'm sure he'll be here any second now.
                              [Ba'al is obviously impatient.]
                              HARRIMAN
                              So, um…

Take our ships, take our toys, take our awesome alien tech... I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take Stargate from me!

Special Thanks to Elles sence this is a ripof of her great sig.

Comment

Working...
                              X