Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She wasn't believable in my opinion, she seemed too vulnerable when she wasn't in control and too dominant when she was.

Comment

Just my 2p (I'm english no cents here!) Has it been determind that Larrin IS the leader of all the Travellers. Could she be just an off (world) ship team leader?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        She wasn't believable in my opinion, she seemed too vulnerable when she wasn't in control and too dominant when she was.

...bad Vala copy .

Comment

Originally posted by Emme View Post
          Just my 2p (I'm english no cents here!) Has it been determind that Larrin IS the leader of all the Travellers. Could she be just an off (world) ship team leader?
          Good question, she is leader of something. To what extent is not yet known.

In any event, she's crap any way you look at her. So I could care less what kind of 'leader' or even the extent of her power...

She's just NOT someone I'd choose as leader! I have to say if not for Sam, I'd hate all these 'supposed' women leaders.

I may dislike her but the writers of SGA should see about hiring Margaret Thatcher as a leader of something. She'd not only be terrifying but she'd bring about death, mayhem, recessions, racist capitalist regimes into play and she'd remove milk from the Atlantis menu.

We'd be unbeatable and even the Wraith would go into hiding to escape her clutches.
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by cocytus View Post
            2) Wouldn't they (Travellers) have seen the value of an alliance w/ the Genii before now?
            The Genii are scavengers and thiefes. If this Travellers ever made a relationship with them, they would be risking in loosing there spaceships.

On a Larrin note, she is a really nice character played by a really nice actor.
            We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

Comment

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
              Larrin is one of the worst characters in SGA history. Why ohhh why couldn't they have kept Elizabeth instead of creating Larrin?
              I really don't think she's bad at all. Ish'ta or whatever her name was annoyed me, but I quite like Larrin, and I'm not just talking about how hot she is. I liked the way she played the character, although the scene where she asks the man how he found her and the ship seemed to suggest to me that her position isn't entirely stable, but that might be me just reading too much in to it.

When the hell was it said that Larrin was created to replace Weir, normally I hear people harking on about how unfair it is that Carter replaced Weir, which according to the producers, isn't quite what happened, but I've never heard anyone suggest Larrin was brought in to replace Weir.

I thought/think that as a potential recurring character she was very good, because if she was all strong, prophetic and talked with old grammar people would have called her a female Bra'tac. If she'd been really deceptive and munter-ish she'd have been called Atlantis' Niirti. I like her the way she is.
              sigpic
              If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
              I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

She's too cheesy, cliché ridden and while she's nice to look at, it's embarrassing listening to what comes out of her mouth. I hope she doesn't ruin BAMSR.

Comment

She's too cheesy, cliché ridden and while she's nice to look at, it's embarrassing listening to what comes out of her mouth. I hope she doesn't ruin BAMSR.
                  Martin Gero wrote BAMSR and not Paul Mullie so I have more confidence that he will write some intelligent dialogue and not some more of the crap that Paul Mullie wrote for her in some scenes of Travelers. I think if there was a better written script for the character in that episode, this thread wouldn't exist.
                  Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
                    Martin Gero wrote BAMSR and not Paul Mullie so I have more confidence that he will write some intelligent dialogue and not some more of the crap that Paul Mullie wrote for her in some scenes of Travelers. I think if there was a better written script for the character in that episode, this thread wouldn't exist.
                    Um.. not so sure of that especially after seeing the pic of Shep tied up with a big rubber band and her strutting her stuff again. The whole scene looks rather comical and I'm sure that's not what the writers were going for. She came across as way too cheesy in Travelers and while one moment she was all talk and bravado while Sheppard was tied up, she sorta turned into a helpless little girly girl when she came face to face with the Wraith. So I also have concerns as to how her presence will effect Bamsr..
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                      Um.. not so sure of that especially after seeing the pic of Shep tied up with a big rubber band and her strutting her stuff again. The whole scene looks rather comical and I'm sure that's not what the writers were going for. She came across as way too cheesy in Travelers and while one moment she was all talk and bravado while Sheppard was tied up, she sorta turned into a helpless little girly girl when she came face to face with the Wraith. So I also have concerns as to how her presence will effect Bamsr..
                      I disagree with the bolded part because how do you know she had ever seen a Wraith before?? They were something she has been taught to be afraid of since she was born. She thought it was Silas or Nevik because who else would be on the ship? I'm sure Sheppard was just as surprised about the Wraith being on the ship as she was. After the initial shock and getting her energy pistol knocked out of her hand, she seemed to gather her courage enough to stick a knife into the Wraith's hand and then try to defend herself with some Martial Arts moves. Of course, if she had gone after her pistol after sticking the Wraith with the knife it would have been more believeable to me instead of her running past the Wraith to put it between herself and her pistol.

As far as BAMSR, I will wait until I see the episode before I pass judgement on the scene you described.
                      Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

Season 4 made me stop watching the show around the 14-15th episode because of the sucky episodes. Then when season 5 came I got renewed interest and rewatched all seasons. Apart from a few bad eps (irresistible, 38 minutes, etc) most episodes are great.

Then I came across this one and the female antagonist severely pissed me off. First and foremost she doesn't seem to have a solid base to build her character around but instead seem to be quickly thrown together into a cliché spouting leather clad annoyance.

I really, really dislike when shows portrays masculinity in the way its shown in this episode. When a female character uses her sexuality to make the man submit and a fair share of violence as well. I get disgusted by females like this who seem to see men as easily manipulated sheep who seem to act a way because they are men. People keep saying that she's hot but I have trouble seeing her as that because of her personality. It's like the pathetic guys who hit on that girl in the clubs who's just there for coercing free drinks out of men and acting like a ""#%"% for no reason. I don't see the hotness in a chick like that. Hey she might have a good looking body but so have I so she better grow a personality or I wont talk to her.

I might be all wrong seeing this as a female rebellion towards the mean men where characters like this are an example of non repressed women. People might say I am scared of strong women but this woman is not strong. She's just a labile, low moral "#"#¤ who doesn't even think twice before sacrificing her own people (hence she doesn't seem fit to be a leader). This show got plenty of strong women. Teyla, Wear and Carter for example are great examples of strong women whom I respect.

Comment

Bad. Bad. Bad.
                          The sexy rebel leader who's in lust with our Hero. Sigh. If she wasn't an apparently 2 dimensional sexbot, maybe, but...
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Larrin is a bad character
                            Sheppard would disagree.....

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
                            Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

Working...
                            X