Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 5 episode tidbits/discussion/speculation (potential spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a big season 1 fan and I like what they had going in season 1... one episode lead into the next, such as Rising through Suspicion were related... Underground lead into The Storm/The Eye exceptionally well and then after that we had the major "The wraith are coming" arc for the 2nd half of the season.

I've always felt that the show should have stayed isolated from earth for longer than it was. Atlantis, it seemed, as a show didn't really get to stand up on two strong feet before it was barraged with crap from SG-1. Season 2 was abysmal and I think it was directly related to that.

I really liked that feeling of "we HAVE to get out there" in season 1. Not to mention the arcs and continuity which obviously wasn't done in season two (*cough* trinity *cough*) and was only minorly re-introduced into season 3.

I wish the show could go back to that, but I guess it's too late now.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
      How exactly can they cut Atlantis off from Earth other than destroying all the DSC-304s which I don't see happening? Just don't see it happening
      He didn't exactly describe how they would have done it either. So you are asking the wrong person.

Destroying all the 304s? Don't say that!

Comment

Originally posted by siXbrownSnakes2 View Post
        I am a big season 1 fan and I like what they had going in season 1... one episode lead into the next, such as Rising through Suspicion were related... Underground lead into The Storm/The Eye exceptionally well and then after that we had the major "The wraith are coming" arc for the 2nd half of the season.

I've always felt that the show should have stayed isolated from earth for longer than it was. Atlantis, it seemed, as a show didn't really get to stand up on two strong feet before it was barraged with crap from SG-1. Season 2 was abysmal and I think it was directly related to that.

I really liked that feeling of "we HAVE to get out there" in season 1. Not to mention the arcs and continuity which obviously wasn't done in season two (*cough* trinity *cough*) and was only minorly re-introduced into season 3.

I wish the show could go back to that, but I guess it's too late now.
        I agree with you 100%. When I heard the first few rumors about season four and indeed the season three finale I was desperately hoping that Atlantis would be stuck in another galaxy (where Earth could not find them) and unable to get back which would be the only real way of returning to the original state of affairs.

As for the Old School thing? I reckon it's time travel back to season 1

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0 View Post
          He didn't exactly describe how they would have done it either. So you are asking the wrong person.

Destroying all the 304s? Don't say that!
          I know he doesn't was more thinking out loud as it were, I suppose they could have some event happen at the midway station that releases some kind of radiation that stops hyperspace travel and have the gate bridge destroyed and have Atlantis run out of ZPMs again... buts a thats awfully trek style strange radiation cop out... and theres the fact that Earth has 2 ZPMs as well
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Have the ZPM run out of power some how on Atlantis, then have the 304s recalled back to MW as protection in the event of a Replicator (or Wraith) invasion fleet. That way the ships aren't destroyed, and there is reason as to why Atlantis is cut off.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenexile452 View Post
              Don't tempt them.
              lol

all of earth`s ships will never be destroyed--> asgard legacy
              http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4...tributedc0.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by stargate maniack View Post
                lol

all of earth`s ships will never be destroyed--> asgard legacy
                I would think they would eventually find a way to at least extract all info & put it in like some super computer

Comment

Originally posted by DeanWinchester View Post
                  I would think they would eventually find a way to at least extract all info & put it in like some super computer
                  probably...

but not for now, dunno it would be 2 "fast", after all it is all the knowledge of the asgard
                  http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4...tributedc0.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0 View Post
                    Have the ZPM run out of power some how on Atlantis, then have the 304s recalled back to MW as protection in the event of a Replicator (or Wraith) invasion fleet. That way the ships aren't destroyed, and there is reason as to why Atlantis is cut off.
                    Earth still has two ZPMs, so Atlantis could still have contact with Earth all be it one way and that's assuming that something has happened to the gate bridge to stop it functioning.
                    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

How exactly can they cut Atlantis off from Earth other than destroying all the DSC-304s which I don't see happening? Just don't see it happening
                      Battle with Wraith at the midway station fuxxors subspace in a way the 'stalls out' the advanced asgard hyperdrives, the wraith hyperdrives being crappy and organic based can get through it. See? Easy. Atlantis cut off from all their kickass backup and the wraith r still a threat.

Can I have a byline in the episode appears, or at least name a redshirt after me!!! XD
                      OH GOD THAT WRAITHS EATING JASON!!!111!!!1!!!ONEONE
                      Last edited by kymeric; 02 November 2007, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Earth still has two ZPMs, so Atlantis could still have contact with Earth all be it one way and that's assuming that something has happened to the gate bridge to stop it functioning.
                        We do not know that for sure. Given we have not seen (esp.) The Ark Of Truth and Continuum, so the current timeline is not complete. So currently, it is an assumption Earth has two ZPMs, but just an assumption.

Comment

Although unlikely, I would like to see the Atlantis characters themselves want isolation from earth for some reason, perhaps crap from the IOA or something. It would be interesting to see how the characters would respond if they felt Earth had too much control over what they can and cannot do.

Comment

More updates:

On the bright side, progress continues on the season five front. No actual breaking yet, but plenty of spinning and a grand total of 15 notions ranging from uncertain to promisingly vague. We know where we’ll be going with the first two episodes and it looks like the idea Carl pitched out today will find the third slot. After that, it’s wide open although, there are a couple of ideas that look very promising. If you don’t mind being spoiled, I’m specifically referring to…

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

Numbers 8, 10, 13, and 14.
                            http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...er-1-2007.html

Well, we actually started spinning today. Yep, Monkey in the Control Room is coming along nicely. We’ve got the general story, the tease, and all four act breaks although, if you ask me, act three is a little skimpy. Of course Monkey in the Control Room is just a working title and could eventually change to something entirely different like, say, Monkey in the Puddle Jumper or Monkey in the Conference Room or, if we’re feeling particularly creative, Dingo in the Mess Hall. Next week, we start breaking what we know will be the first three episodes of Atlantis’s fifth season: S&R, B&B, and KGS BGT BSK KSB.

Keirberos writes: “Any talk yet on general directions S5 may go?”

Answer: Yep. Marty G. pitched out a great idea with big-arc implications.

Anonymous #2 writes: “Hi Joe any chance of seeing the Joe Flanigan pitched angsty Sheppard episode that was shelved in season 5?”

Answer: Unfortunately, the stories we have done (and continue to do) make that particular story an impossibility.
                            http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...er-2-2007.html

Comment

What Joe Flannagin pitch are they refering to?
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The one that wasn't Outcast, basically.

Comment

Working...
                                X