Stargate Atlantis - SFX Magazine # 163 - Cast/Crew Interviews

From SFX Magazine (UK):

http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=latest_issue

Tuesday October 23, 2007

Latest issue

SFX 163 – December 2007

On sale Wednesday 24 October 2007

FREE STUFF!

Every copy of issue 163 comes with a double-sided A2 poster! Now you can have the entire cast of Heroes adorning your bedroom wall, or, if you want, you can just have Claire. On the poster, we mean.

STARGATE ATLANTIS
    Atlantis's third season saw some major shake-ups in the team. We talk to the cast and crew about how things look in the fourth season.

THE BIONIC WOMAN
    David Eick tells all about his reimagining of the classic '70s TV series. And we illustrate it with lots of nice pictures of Michelle Ryan.

30 DAYS OF NIGHT
    A vampire movie? Set in an Alaskan town where the sun doesn't rise for 30 days? And which aims to reinvent the vampire genre and make it scary again? Sounds good! We go on set and talk to the cast and crew of the new graphic novel adaptation.

BRIAN ALDISS
    We sit down with the legendary sci-fi author for a candid discussion about the things that have driven him on over the last five decades.

THE PRISONER
    40 years after the original TV series ended, rumours still abound of remakes that are in the works. We look back through the many attempts to bring Number 6 back to the screen.

COUCH POTATO
    The Couch Crew become adrenaline junkies for an evening, in a Couch Potato all about motorbikes.

BOOK CLUB
    One of the finest science fantasy novels of all time? This month we look at Keith Roberts' alternative history novel Pavane to see what makes it so timeless.

WISHLIST
    What did you say you wanted to see when Life on Mars meets '80s Britain? Find out in the Ashes to Ashes Wishlist.

TIME MACHINE
    Everyone remembers Raquel Welch in that fur bikini. We look back on the other things that made One Million Years BC so memorable.

SPOILER ZONE
    This month, we review the Pilot episodes of Reaper, Chuck, Pushing Daisies, Journeyman and The Sarah Jane Adventures, as well as the season finales of The 4400 and The Dead Zone, and loads more besides!

PLUS!

Jeremy Dyson talks to us about the Fairy Tales episode "Billy Goat".
    Another chat with David Eick, this time about Battlestar Galactica's TV movie "Razor".

Our guide to why you should get excited about Heroes: Origins.

We look ahead to what we can expect from season four of Medium.

We speak to Robert Rodriguez about Planet Terror.

What floats Marcus Brigstocke's sci-fi boat? We've asked him!

Laura Vandervoort, aka Smallville's Supergirl, tells us all about how she got the job as Clark's Kryptonian cousin.

Terry Pratchett talks about The Colour of Magic, Making Money, and a few other projects he's got on the go.

Heroes has made Masi Oka into an overnight star. Has it changed his life at all? We asked him!

Has 30 Days of Night made vampires scary again? Is Clive Barker's new novel up to scratch? Does Halo 3 live up to the hype? Did we really need to Return to House on Haunted Hill? Find out in our reviews section!

All this and loads more…

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

If anyone is interested I've made some scans of the article, there's nothing revelatory in fact I thought it was a pretty pedestrian article. There are brief contributions from Rob Cooper, Messrs Mullie and Mallozzi, David H, Jewel, Amanda, Rachel and Joe F. The scans should be readable, let me know if you have any trouble.

page one
    page two
    page three
    page four

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post
      If anyone is interested I've made some scans of the article, there's nothing revelatory in fact I thought it was a pretty pedestrian article. There are brief contributions from Rob Cooper, Messrs Mullie and Mallozzi, David H, Jewel, Amanda, Rachel and Joe F. The scans should be readable, let me know if you have any trouble.
      Thank you so much for sharing, Josie.

And the scans are readable! Woo-hoo!

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Thanks for the scans,Josie !

You're right .Nothing really new in that article for SGA fans .
        I suppose the mag was aiming to get casual or new viewers up to date .
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Thanks Morjana, and thank you for the scans, Josie.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X