Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 114
  1. #1
    Brigadier General FallenAngelII's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Lemming Prophet/Lemming Slasher
    Posts
    8,147

    Default 4x05 - The Most Immature Episode Ever ~the Episode that Ruined Atlantis~

    Apparently Paul Mullie wrote this episode. No offense to Paul Mullie, but that explains a few things (he was also responsible for Suckfests "The Tower" and "Irresponsible".

    I just knew I was in for a piece of (crappy) work when the episode starts with Rodney taking a shot at John volunteering to go on a boring mission because the indigenous people (and I quote) "had little to no social inhibitions" to which John responds that they were "very friendly". Oh yes, PTB, very mature.

    And then, he gets taken captive and who should pop up as the leader of said captors? While all of the male captors are clad in brown possible mocha leather, she lone female (who, in according to Stargate practice is "hot") is clad in black leather... with deep cleavage. Yes, let's not just make the alien hot, but because she's got big breasts, she must have a deep cleavage.

    What's next, I thought? The obvious answer (and what I immediately assumed upon seeing her) was lots of 'UST' and sexual innuendo. It starts out pretty innocently with "Be a shame to have to do too much damage" - Not bad, but you just knew it'd go downhill from there (like the line about "not shooting too fast" and how "that was probably not John's first time hearing that from a woman"). And the sexual innuendo aren't even said in a "humurous" way a la Vala where there's a twinkle in her eye and her flirting doesn't actually lead anywhere.

    Highly Speculative (and possibly wrong: Then Joe Flanigan himself gave us a very shameful moment. What was said moment? I believe it was The Jamie Kennedy Experiment that once featured an experiment where a woman wore a baggy shirt and went out with a fake petition, trying to get random men on the street to stop and talk to her. Almost no one did. But once she switched into one with a big cleavage, they did. And they kept staring down at it, exposing themselves to the hidden camera in her broach or whatever. Note that this is speculation, however. Maybe he did find said chalice very interesting. Or maybe the writers called for the character of John Sheppard to ogle her boobs.

    So what did Joe Flanigan do? At 06:43, his gaze inexplicably drifts from her eye-level down to her chest-level and then quickly back up again. Either he suddenly found the chalice she was holding extremely interesting in the middle of her speech or he just wanted to "sneak a peek". However, as the Jamie Kennedy Experiment proved, it's a very heterosexual male thing to do, what with breast being indoctrined as one of the most important parts of a woman's body and all, so we can't completely blame him.

    This was followed by Laryn saying "There's all kinds of useful things you could do for me" followed by "goofy music". And since we know the bar's set pretty low, of course it's a double entendre.

    And then I won't bore you, or myself, with the details because I'm currently too mad at the writers to view the entire episode again, but was anyone surprised they'd eventually be locked up in "close quarters" together. It's one of the ultimate clichés, The UST in the Closet-moment.

    And then she was fed on. Of course, we all assumed she'd die and we'd finally get rid of the immature theme, but nooooooo. The moment the Wraith said he hadn't completely killed her (at first I was so glad, I was elated), we all knew the Gift of Life was coming (and what a sucky episode to reintroduce something so great in, much like how Kolya appeared briefly in Irresponsible only to die at the end of it). Then he bent down to "help her get up" and what the Hell was the man doing?! Who the Hell helps someone get up from the floor by putting one arm around their waist?! You do it by taking her hand(s) and pulling them up! That was soooo copping a feel.

    This was, of course followed by a "his face close to hers" moment (complete with heavy breathing), followed by her stumbling and even more close-face-time (as cliché dictates). And then they kissed. We all knew it was gonna happen. By the way, see my companion thread, "Why Colonel Space Slut Should Not Be In Command", for my reaction on this.

    I really thought the writers, producers and everyone involved in this show would have learned by now.

    For those who don't know, which three episodes do you think got voted in as Worst Episodes in Stargate Atlantis History for seasons 1-2? Yes, that's right, Sanctuary (John x Chaya), The Tower (John x Space Slut Bimbo Princess Whose Name I Can Never Remember) and Epiphany (John x Delusional Teer). And which two episodes were the by far most hated episodes of season three (if not Stargate history)? That's right, Irresistible (by far more hated) followed by Irresponsible.

    "Goofy" and "Funny" little episodes based on double entendres, sexual tension and general immatureness are not popular among Stargate fans. Maybe they assumed the fans here on Gateworld are just part of some snooty little "No Immature Boy Humour"-club, but really?

    Of course, John didn't tell Rodney the entire story (good job at lying, man!), but Rodney knew right away and had to point it out. At least we didn't hear the word "Kirk".

    Please tell me I'm not going insane. Please tell me that you straight guys didn't find the episode really, really entertaining and well written. As a gay man who has absolutely no sexual interest in the episode, I found it insulting. Not just to women (by how they're treated as sexual objects on Stargate) and to John (by how detrimental this episode was to his character) but to us viewers as well, that they'd resort to this adolescent boy-girl-sex-humour!

    This episode will be one of the Big Six (Major Suckfests of Stargate Atlantis), Atlantis-episodes which I probably won't watch more than once.

    Omigod, omigod you guys. I'm, like, gonna cry. I've got tears coming out of my nose. This is like Titanic, only no one dies.

  2. #2
    General
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    20,098

    Default Re: 4x05 - The Most Immature Episode Ever ~the Episode that Ruined Atlantis~

    What, no "riots"?

    Oh, and Joe Mallozzi wrote Irresponsible. Just correcting a little fact there.

  3. #3
    Brigadier General FallenAngelII's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Lemming Prophet/Lemming Slasher
    Posts
    8,147

    Default Re: 4x05 - The Most Immature Episode Ever ~the Episode that Ruined Atlantis~

    Quote Originally Posted by PG15 View Post
    What, no "riots"?

    Oh, and Joe Mallozzi wrote Irresponsible. Just correcting a little fact there.
    I just assumed Imdb got it right.

  4. #4
    General
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    20,098

    Default Re: 4x05 - The Most Immature Episode Ever ~the Episode that Ruined Atlantis~

    That's a false assumption.

  5. #5
    Brigadier General FallenAngelII's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Lemming Prophet/Lemming Slasher
    Posts
    8,147

    Default Re: 4x05 - The Most Immature Episode Ever ~the Episode that Ruined Atlantis~

    Quote Originally Posted by PG15 View Post
    That's a false assumption.
    How come Gateworld (and also Imdb) states that they both wrote it together?

  6. #6
    General
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    20,098

    Default Re: 4x05 - The Most Immature Episode Ever ~the Episode that Ruined Atlantis~

    Because they rely on the credits and not what the writers actually say themselves.

  7. #7
    Brigadier General FallenAngelII's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Lemming Prophet/Lemming Slasher
    Posts
    8,147

    Default Re: 4x05 - The Most Immature Episode Ever ~the Episode that Ruined Atlantis~

    Quote Originally Posted by PG15 View Post
    Because they rely on the credits and not what the writers actually say themselves.
    You're missing the obvious point here. Why, if both Gateworld and Imdb, state that Paul Mullie and Joe Malozzi wrote the episode together, do you contest this?

  8. #8
    General Linzi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Whumpville, The Pegasus Galaxy
    Posts
    20,688

    Default Re: 4x05 - The Most Immature Episode Ever ~the Episode that Ruined Atlantis~

    Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngelII View Post
    Apparently Paul Mullie wrote this episode. No offense to Paul Mullie, but that explains a few things (he was also responsible for Suckfests "The Tower" and "Irresponsible".

    I just knew I was in for a piece of (crappy) work when the episode starts with Rodney taking a shot at John volunteering to go on a boring mission because the indigenous people (and I quote) "had little to no social inhibitions" to which John responds that they were "very friendly". Oh yes, PTB, very mature.

    And then, he gets taken captive and who should pop up as the leader of said captors? While all of the male captors are clad in brown possible mocha leather, she lone female (who, in according to Stargate practice is "hot") is clad in black leather... with deep cleavage. Yes, let's not just make the alien hot, but because she's got big breasts, she must have a deep cleavage.

    What's next, I thought? The obvious answer (and what I immediately assumed upon seeing her) was lots of 'UST' and sexual innuendo. It starts out pretty innocently with "Be a shame to have to do too much damage" - Not bad, but you just knew it'd go downhill from there.

    Then Joe Flanigan himself gave us a very shameful moment. What was said moment? I believe it was The Jamie Kennedy Experiment that once featured an experiment where a woman wore a baggy shirt and went out with a fake petition, trying to get random men on the street to stop and talk to her. Almost no one did. But once she switched into one with a big cleavage, they did. And they kept staring down at it, exposing themselves to the hidden camera in her broach or whatever.

    So what did Joe Flanigan do? At 06:43, his gaze inexplicably drifts from her eye-level down to her chest-level and then quickly back up again. Either he suddenly found the chalice she was holding extremely interesting in the middle of her speech or he just wanted to "sneak a peek". However, as the Jamie Kennedy Experiment proved, it's a very heterosexual male thing to do, what with breast being indoctrined as one of the most important parts of a woman's body and all, so we can't completely blame him.

    This was followed by Laryn saying "There's all kinds of useful things you could do for me" followed by "goofy music". And since we know the bar's set pretty low, of course it's a double entendre.

    And then I won't bore you, or myself, with the details because I'm currently too mad at the writers to view the entire episode again, but was anyone surprised they'd eventually be locked up in "close quarters" together. It's one of the ultimate clichés, The UST in the Closet-moment.

    And then she was fed on. Of course, we all assumed she'd die and we'd finally get rid of the immature theme, but nooooooo. The moment the Wraith said he hadn't completely killed her (at first I was so glad, I was elated), we all knew the Gift of Life was coming (and what a sucky episode to reintroduce something so great in, much like how Kolya appeared briefly in Irresponsible only to die at the end of it). Then he bent down to "help her get up" and what the Hell was the man doing?! Who the Hell helps someone get up from the floor by putting one arm around their waist?! You do it by taking her hand(s) and pulling them up! That was soooo copping a feel.

    This was, of course followed by a "his face close to hers" moment (complete with heavy breathing), followed by her stumbling and even more close-face-time (as cliché dictates). And then they kissed. We all knew it was gonna happen. By the way, see my companion thread, "Why Colonel Space Slut Should Not Be In Command", for my reaction on this.

    I really thought the writers, producers and everyone involved in this show would have learned by now.

    For those who don't know, which three episodes do you think got voted in as Worst Episodes in Stargate Atlantis History for seasons 1-2? Yes, that's right, Sanctuary (John x Chaya), The Tower (John x Space Slut Bimbo Princess Whose Name I Can Never Remember) and Epiphany (John x Delusional Teer). And which two episodes were the by far most hated episodes of season three (if not Stargate history)? That's right, Irresistible (by far more hated) followed by Irresponsible.

    "Goofy" and "Funny" little episodes based on double entendres, sexual tension and general immatureness are not popular among Stargate fans. Maybe they assumed the fans here on Gateworld are just part of some snooty little "No Immature Boy Humour"-club, but really?

    Of course, John didn't tell Rodney the entire story (good job at lying, man!), but Rodney knew right away and had to point it out. At least we didn't hear the word "Kirk".

    Please tell me I'm not going insane. Please tell me that you straight guys didn't find the episode really, really entertaining and well written. As a gay man who has absolutely no sexual interest in the episode, I found it insulting. Not just to women (by how they're treated as sexual objects on Stargate) and to John (by how detrimental this episode was to his character) but to us viewers as well, that they'd resort to this adolescent boy-girl-sex-humour!

    This episode will be one of the Big Six (Major Suckfests of Stargate Atlantis), Atlantis-episodes which I probably won't watch more than once.

    [i]Omigod, omigod you guys[i]. I'm, like, gonna cry. I've got tears coming out of my nose. This is like Titanic, only no one dies.
    Yeah, I totally disagree with everything you say. Nothing new there.

    I liked Travelers and thought it was a fun episode.

    Also, leave Joe Flanigan out of it. You think he looked at Larrin's cleavage? Fine. You don't KNOW he did you think he did. Let's leave the actors out of it, please.

    As for Larrin's outfit? It wasn't low cut and didn't show ANYTHING. Not that there's anything wrong if it did.

    As for the Kirk thing? Oh for goodness sake, give it a rest. Yawn...

    You know Fallen, heterosexual men do find attractive women appealing. That's a fact of life. There's nothing wrong with that, it's not shameful or sinful, it's human nature. It's nothing to scoff at, it is the natural order of things. A lot of people like seeing chemistry between male and female characters. That's a fact. You're not one of them, fine. But others are.

  9. #9
    General
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    20,098

    Default Re: 4x05 - The Most Immature Episode Ever ~the Episode that Ruined Atlantis~

    Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngelII View Post
    You're missing the obvious point here. Why, if both Gateworld and Imdb, state that Paul Mullie and Joe Malozzi wrote the episode together, do you contest this?
    I contest, because Joe Mallozzi himself said that he wrote Irresponsible.

    Now, if it was a toss up between trusting a fansite, IMDB (LOL!), or the showrunner of the show...it's kind of easy to pick which one I'll trust.

  10. #10
    Brigadier General FallenAngelII's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Lemming Prophet/Lemming Slasher
    Posts
    8,147

    Default Re: 4x05 - The Most Immature Episode Ever ~the Episode that Ruined Atlantis~

    Quote Originally Posted by PG15 View Post
    I contest, because Joe Mallozzi himself said that he wrote Irresponsible.

    Now, if it was a toss up between trusting a fansite, IMDB (LOL!), or the showrunner of the show...it's kind of easy to pick which one I'll trust.
    Do you have the episode? Could you go back and check the writing credits? Also, did Malozzi say "I, and only I wrote this episode"? Or is it a habit of his to always also credit co-writers, the omission of which would automatically indicate he had no such co-writer?

  11. #11
    Brigadier General FallenAngelII's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Lemming Prophet/Lemming Slasher
    Posts
    8,147

    Default Re: 4x05 - The Most Immature Episode Ever ~the Episode that Ruined Atlantis~

    Quote Originally Posted by Linzi View Post
    Also, leave Joe Flanigan out of it. You think he looked at Larrin's cleavage? Fine. You don't KNOW he did you think he did. Let's leave the actors out of it, please.
    I thought long and hard on whether that section should have been included. I'll add a speculation-alert to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Linzi View Post
    As for Larrin's outfit? It wasn't low cut and didn't show ANYTHING. Not that there's anything wrong if it did.
    It had cleavage. And was made out of black leather...

    Quote Originally Posted by Linzi View Post
    As for the Kirk thing? Oh for goodness sake, give it a rest. Yawn...
    Why? Can you give me any reasoning besides "Because"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Linzi View Post
    You know Fallen, heterosexual men do find attractive women appealing. That's a fact of life. There's nothing wrong with that, it's not shameful or sinful, it's human nature. It's nothing to scoff at, it is the natural order of things. A lot of people like seeing chemistry between male and female characters. That's a fact. You're not one of them, fine. But others are.
    Would you be equally not-unnerved if the show suddenly started doing this to male characters? Hot scantily clad men appearing time and time again to romance Teyla with Teyla responding? While she's on dangerous missions and being captive prisoner or attacked by the Wraith?

    I have no problems seeing chemistry between male and female characters. I, however, have a problem with such chemistry when it's illogical to plot or pure fanservice (and other reasons). I have never once complained about chemistry between people when, say, they go out on a date on Atlantis or when being overly-friendly with the local populace.

    However, when John does it, it's in an illogical and Atlantis-endagering way (see my companion thread for more on this subject). In this episode in particular, he starts making out of his Would-Be-Killer (threats to jetison him into space, exposure to deadly radiation and repeated torture for, instance) when a Wraith had been in the same room just a minute earlier (it could've come back at any minute and killed them both).

    Not only was this endangering himself and Laryn, it was endangering the entire galaxy. Imagine the damage the Wraith could do if they ever came in possession of an Aurora-class ship!

  12. #12
    General
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    20,098

    Default Re: 4x05 - The Most Immature Episode Ever ~the Episode that Ruined Atlantis~

    Once again, as I mentioned, the credits aren't as accurate as you might think. It's based on money and contracts, after all, and not creative decisions.

    Anonymous #3 writes: “Of the scripts you've written, which in your opinion was the bigger disappointment The Tower or Irresponsible?”

    Answer: 1) Paul wrote The Tower. 2) Far from being a disappointment, I actually liked The Tower. Granted, it was an atypical episode, but I thought Paul did a great job creating some very entertaining guest characters. 3) Irresponsible.
    So Paul wrote Tower, and he wrote Irresponsible.

  13. #13
    First Lieutenant nekoi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Munchkin Land (In Vala's mind)
    Posts
    924

    Default Re: 4x05 - The Most Immature Episode Ever ~the Episode that Ruined Atlantis~

    While I'm sure many Men enjoy checking out cleavage, at the same time, it's common for someone to look over who they're talking to if confronted within their personal bubble (safety procaution, usually). Many people have looked me over at work (I've noticed) and of course, I've done it myself... But when someone wears something abit too revealing that may surprise someone or stand out alittle too much, isn't staring expected? (How does the cliche go? Car crash? Can't look away?)

    Her outfit, however, wasn't low cut and was rather modest by Sci Fi's standards.

    As for your comment regarding the female antagonist being hot or not, that's entirely based on opinion. Personally, I believe she was.

  14. #14
    Brigadier General SaberBlade's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Belfast, UK.
    Posts
    8,100

    Default Re: 4x05 - The Most Immature Episode Ever ~the Episode that Ruined Atlantis~

    Not only was this endangering himself and Laryn, it was endangering the entire galaxy. Imagine the damage the Wraith could do if they ever came in possession of an Aurora-class ship!
    It was actually endangering two galaxies, because if the Wraith were able to backwards engineer those engines, they could be having chinese, indian or even french for dinner. Stupid of John to leave the systems running knowing Wraith were onboard and are drooling for intergalactic hyperspace. But hey, a hot alien chick was in danger. Can't expect him to think clearly on that.

    I have to agree that chemistry between characters is good, but if you have a character who keeps going after the hot alien chick who will never return again, you sort of just keep providing fanservice, especially when they are walking around in black leather and have a big chest.

    FAII, You also forgot to include Norina from "Inferno". Sheppard was putting on all his charm to make sure he wooed her instead of McKay, acting like two school kids trying to chat up the first girl in their class to develop.



  15. #15
    Brigadier General FallenAngelII's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Lemming Prophet/Lemming Slasher
    Posts
    8,147

    Default Re: 4x05 - The Most Immature Episode Ever ~the Episode that Ruined Atlantis~

    Quote Originally Posted by PG15 View Post
    Once again, as I mentioned, the credits aren't as accurate as you might think. It's based on money and contracts, after all, and not creative decisions.
    So you're saying Mullie had nothing to do with the writing of "Irresponsible"? However, Imdb does state that Malozzi wrote "The Tower" despite him contesting it...

  16. #16
    Staff Sergeant KiLL3r's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    89

    Default Re: 4x05 - The Most Immature Episode Ever ~the Episode that Ruined Atlantis~

    you must live in a near womenless world because if you think she was scantily clad you obviously dont go outside much.


    she didnt show off enuf tbh

  17. #17
    Brigadier General FallenAngelII's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Lemming Prophet/Lemming Slasher
    Posts
    8,147

    Default Re: 4x05 - The Most Immature Episode Ever ~the Episode that Ruined Atlantis~

    Quote Originally Posted by KiLL3r View Post
    you must live in a near womenless world because if you think she was scantily clad you obviously dont go outside much.


    she didnt show off enuf tbh
    I never claimed that Larrin was scantily clad. We've, however, seen tons of such women on Atlantis, yet very few men (and none of them have flirted with the female or even male expedition members, or anyone else for that matter).

    If scantily clad and sexually promiscuous people are such a normal occurence, then it should be equal opportunity.

  18. #18
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Location
    In my happy place
    Posts
    5,824

    Default Re: 4x05 - The Most Immature Episode Ever ~the Episode that Ruined Atlantis~

    Oh Fallen... this is going to be a fun debate.

    *cough*

    Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngelII View Post

    I just knew I was in for a piece of (crappy) work when the episode starts with Rodney taking a shot at John volunteering to go on a boring mission because the indigenous people (and I quote) "had little to no social inhibitions" to which John responds that they were "very friendly". Oh yes, PTB, very mature.
    Oh yes, I couldn't agree more very immature, because men just don't have that banter in real life do they? None of the men I know would tease the other in that manner, or talk about women that way, or how sexy they are. How would you define no social inhibitions then FAII? Have you never had any banter like this with your friends? Very friendly can have a variety of connotations, maybe it's just your dirt mind FAII? Don't worry, there's nothing wrong with having a dirty mind, it's all good, especially the images it conjures up.

    And then, he gets taken captive and who should pop up as the leader of said captors? While all of the male captors are clad in brown possible mocha leather, she lone female (who, in according to Stargate practice is "hot") is clad in black leather... with deep cleavage. Yes, let's not just make the alien hot, but because she's got big breasts, she must have a deep cleavage.
    *looks at her own ample cleavage and smiles proudly* And showing off cleavage equals? Just incase you didn't know Fallen, BIG BOOBS = BIG CLEAVAGE! You might want to trust me on this one. I speak from experience.

    What's next, I thought? The obvious answer (and what I immediately assumed upon seeing her) was lots of 'UST' and sexual innuendo. It starts out pretty innocently with "Be a shame to have to do too much damage" - Not bad, but you just knew it'd go downhill from there.
    Oh yes, UST should just be banished, because it's just so wrong having a male and female attracted to each other. How dare they enjoy flirting? Don't they realise that it's just sinful and they should each of them be wearing chastity belts and not make any eye contact whatsoever. It's disgraceful that a man and woman should find themselves attracted to each other. TPTB should be ashamed of themselves. Actually the best innuendo line was, "Don't shoot too early... I'm sure that's not the first time you've heard that for a woman!"

    Then Joe Flanigan himself gave us a very shameful moment. What was said moment? I believe it was The Jamie Kennedy Experiment that once featured an experiment where a woman wore a baggy shirt and went out with a fake petition, trying to get random men on the street to stop and talk to her. Almost no one did. But once she switched into one with a big cleavage, they did. And they kept staring down at it, exposing themselves to the hidden camera in her broach or whatever.
    Okay, work with me her FAII JF is the actor... Shep is the character. Let's try and keep the two seperate shall we? Okay throwing this out to the guys out there (and some gay men who like the female form) What man hasn't checked out a woman's cleavage? And SHEP staring at Larrin's cleavage this is something new for a man... how? I mean it's not like a lot of men don't like T&A is it? Sorry boys I do seem to be generalising. I mean i've never known a man to flirt, or to buy porn or girl mags or talk to a woman's cleavage... IIRC, Rodney is a bigger tart than Shep is. He's the one who always talks about hot women, getting captured by them, checks them out, legs, butt, boobs, smiles, flirting... shall I list said episodes?

    So what did Joe Flanigan do? At 06:43, his gaze inexplicably drifts from her eye-level down to her chest-level and then quickly back up again. Either he suddenly found the chalice she was holding extremely interesting in the middle of her speech or he just wanted to "sneak a peek". However, as the Jamie Kennedy Experiment proved, it's a very heterosexual male thing to do, what with breast being indoctrined as one of the most important parts of a woman's body and all, so we can't completely blame him.
    06.43? Well, I guess timing really is everything. larrin did say Shep shouldn't shoot his load too early, so I guess someone had to keep an eye on the clock. So what you're actually saying here then is that you agree with me. I knew you'd come round to my way of thinking... everyone does eventually. And it's Shep, not Joe... again felt the need to clarify. And i'd be greatful if you could post a cap of said shameless looking at boobs, please.

    This was followed by Laryn saying "There's all kinds of useful things you could do for me" followed by "goofy music". And since we know the bar's set pretty low, of course it's a double entendre.
    Ahhhh I see the scene you mean... it's the one where he's looking up at her from a seating postion as she leans precariously over him... *watches scene again* Oh yes, that scene was shamefull wasn't it? How dare you look directly into her eyes when he should be looking at her boobs!! What sort of a man is he? He should be ashamed of himself... or do you mean that little nanosecond that he looks down and thinks about what she's said... yeah I guess that could be construed at looking at her boobs. Trust me hon, you know someone's looking at your boobs when they talk to your chest first then to you!

    As for the double entendre, I guess it all depends on how your mind is set, your's is obviously set to 'dirty'. Don't panic, it doesn't mean that you're bad, it simply means it just means you're extremely shallow. Welcome to the gutter btw! Besides I think you'll find that it's Larrin who was the smut Queen. If you can give me ONE example of Shep initiating the innuendo, then i'll give you some green jello. I bet you won't find one!

    And then I won't bore you, or myself, with the details because I'm currently too mad at the writers to view the entire episode again, but was anyone surprised they'd eventually be locked up in "close quarters" together. It's one of the ultimate clichés, The UST in the Closet-moment.
    Oh please bore me, i'm having a touch of insomnia at the moment. So you could really help me out there! Thanks!

    Don't knock the closet until you've tried it.

    And then she was fed on. Of course, we all assumed she'd die and we'd finally get rid of the immature theme, but nooooooo. The moment the Wraith said he hadn't completely killed her (at first I was so glad, I was elated), we all knew the Gift of Life was coming (and what a sucky episode to reintroduce something so great in, much like how Kolya appeared briefly in Irresponsible only to die at the end of it). Then he bent down to "help her get up" and what the Hell was the man doing?! Who the Hell helps someone get up from the floor by putting one arm around their waist?! You do it by taking her hand(s) and pulling them up! That was soooo copping a feel.
    Damn those PTB for their continuity with the gift of life! Have they no shame? Did you really see the it coming? Just thought i'd clarify, that no it wasn't a double entendre, that was just your dirty mind again.

    Don't fall off your chair FAII! BUT, I actually agree with you that CG was a great ep. I think this is a first, but don't go feeling special as i'm not done yet. I'm saving myself for the final climax

    Tell me he didn't bend down and pick her up of the floor!!! That's absolutely disgracefull! He should have kicked her while she was down and just taken advantage of the opportunity! Oh wait isn't that what you're implying? So, putting your arm round someone's waist is considered??? I gather you're not a first aider then? He wasn't sure whether she could stand and thought he might have to carry her so the arm went to the back first, then to the waist when she was standing... have you NEVER supported someone by the waist if they were feeling woozy? So if he'd have dragged her up by the arms, that would have suited you better? So he grabbed her by the waist? That automatically makes him what?

    This was, of course followed by a "his face close to hers" moment (complete with heavy breathing), followed by her stumbling and even more close-face-time (as cliché dictates). And then they kissed. We all knew it was gonna happen. By the way, see my companion thread, "Why Colonel Space Slut Should Not Be In Command", for my reaction on this.
    Oh trust me if Sheppard was heavy breathing i'd have been the first to notice. Her stumbling, was Larrin using her faminine wiles... some women are sneaky like that, and if done correctly can bring a man to his knees....

    Actually she kissed him. Hehehe oh I so look forward to visiting that thread... unless of course you don't want someone like me visiting, and posting.

    I really thought the writers, producers and everyone involved in this show would have learned by now.

    For those who don't know, which three episodes do you think got voted in as Worst Episodes in Stargate Atlantis History for seasons 1-2? Yes, that's right, Sanctuary (John x Chaya), The Tower (John x Space Slut Bimbo Princess Whose Name I Can Never Remember) and Epiphany (John x Delusional Teer). And which two episodes were the by far most hated episodes of season three (if not Stargate history)? That's right, Irresistible (by far more hated) followed by Irresponsible.
    Figures please compared to the other ones. Thank you.

    "Goofy" and "Funny" little episodes based on double entendres, sexual tension and general immatureness are not popular among Stargate fans. Maybe they assumed the fans here on Gateworld are just part of some snooty little "No Immature Boy Humour"-club, but really?
    And you know this by what? Asked the whole viewing fandom, conducted a poll, got a focus group together? Facts and figures, please FAII.

    Of course, John didn't tell Rodney the entire story (good job at lying, man!), but Rodney knew right away and had to point it out. At least we didn't hear the word "Kirk".
    Ah you forgot to add that it was Rodney that wanted to be taken by the sexy alien. And you also obviously forgot about Teyla's rolling of eyes... she's obviously used to it... and wasn't phased by it all. Why was that do you think?

    Please tell me I'm not going insane. Please tell me that you straight guys didn't find the episode really, really entertaining and well written. As a gay man who has absolutely no sexual interest in the episode, I found it insulting. Not just to women (by how they're treated as sexual objects on Stargate) and to John (by how detrimental this episode was to his character) but to us viewers as well, that they'd resort to this adolescent boy-girl-sex-humour!
    Would it make you feel better if I said you weren't as nutty as a fruit cake, and are taking this way to seriously. Sorry can't help you there. I think you've blown this way out of proportion and can only see Shep as being the 'Kirker' i'm sure I could provide you of so much material of Rodney 'kirking'. You know, just to keep things in perspective.

    Didn't you know that sex sells?

  19. #19
    Brigadier General FallenAngelII's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Lemming Prophet/Lemming Slasher
    Posts
    8,147

    Default Re: 4x05 - The Most Immature Episode Ever ~the Episode that Ruined Atlantis~

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    Oh yes, I couldn't agree more very immature, because men just don't have that banter in real life do they? None of the men I know would tease the other in that manner, or talk about women that way, or how sexy they are. How would you define no social inhibitions then FAII? Have you never had any banter like this with your friends? Very friendly can have a variety of connotations, maybe it's just your dirt mind FAII? Don't worry, there's nothing wrong with having a dirty mind, it's all good, especially the images it conjures up.
    It was not the banter itself that I was complaining about, it was the obvious allusion to sex the writers were making. Why would John volunteer for a boring baby-sitting job, anyway? The writers are obviously indicating that while the indigenous people might not have been having rampant sex on the streets, they might not have been heavily clad or had any qualms about making out on the streets or fondling John.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    *looks at her own ample cleavage and smiles proudly* And showing off cleavage equals? Just incase you didn't know Fallen, BIG BOOBS = BIG CLEAVAGE! You might want to trust me on this one. I speak from experience.
    The problem is that she's got big boobs. The problem is that whenever a Stargate actress has boobs, the writers give her something that shows off said boobs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    Oh yes, UST should just be banished, because it's just so wrong having a male and female attracted to each other. How dare they enjoy flirting? Don't they realise that it's just sinful and they should each of them be wearing chastity belts and not make any eye contact whatsoever. It's disgraceful that a man and woman should find themselves attracted to each other. TPTB should be ashamed of themselves. Actually the best innuendo line was, "Don't shoot too early... I'm sure that's not the first time you've heard that for a woman!"
    Because it's detrimental to John's character. We already have such lowpoints as Sanctuary, The Tower and Epiphany, voted three worst episodes of Seasons 1-2 here on Gateworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    Okay, work with me her FAII JF is the actor... Shep is the character. Let's try and keep the two seperate shall we? Okay throwing this out to the guys out there (and some gay men who like the female form) What man hasn't checked out a woman's cleavage? And SHEP staring at Larrin's cleavage this is something new for a man... how? I mean it's not like a lot of men don't like T&A is it? Sorry boys I do seem to be generalising. I mean i've never known a man to flirt, or to buy porn or girl mags or talk to a woman's cleavage... IIRC, Rodney is a bigger tart than Shep is. He's the one who always talks about hot women, getting captured by them, checks them out, legs, butt, boobs, smiles, flirting... shall I list said episodes?
    The question is why did they add it into the episode?! Rodney talks the talk, but John walks the walk. Also, Rodney was equally immature in this episode, only he didn't actually Kirk himself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    06.43? Well, I guess timing really is everything. larrin did say Shep shouldn't shoot his load too early, so I guess someone had to keep an eye on the clock. So what you're actually saying here then is that you agree with me. I knew you'd come round to my way of thinking... everyone does eventually. And it's Shep, not Joe... again felt the need to clarify. And i'd be greatful if you could post a cap of said shameless looking at boobs, please.
    Oh yes, I forgot about the shooting too early. Another low point. Why should I post a cap because you're too lazy to revisit the episode?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    Ahhhh I see the scene you mean... it's the one where he's looking up at her from a seating postion as she leans precariously over him... *watches scene again* Oh yes, that scene was shamefull wasn't it? How dare you look directly into her eyes when he should be looking at her boobs!! What sort of a man is he? He should be ashamed of himself... or do you mean that little nanosecond that he looks down and thinks about what she's said... yeah I guess that could be construed at looking at her boobs. Trust me hon, you know someone's looking at your boobs when they talk to your chest first then to you!
    He doesn't look down to the ground. He does that later. He does, however, look down at her chest-level. At least he had enough class not to start out staring at her boobs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    As for the double entendre, I guess it all depends on how your mind is set, your's is obviously set to 'dirty'. Don't panic, it doesn't mean that you're bad, it simply means it just means you're extremely shallow. Welcome to the gutter btw! Besides I think you'll find that it's Larrin who was the smut Queen. If you can give me ONE example of Shep initiating the innuendo, then i'll give you some green jello. I bet you won't find one!
    Are you denying the fact that the episode was chock-full of innuendo? And pray tell, point out a single sentence in my posts where I have claimed that John "initiated an innuendo". This is not the "John Sheppard Is A Bad Man"-thread (that's the other thread). This is a thread about the bad writing of this episode. I'm blaming the writers for the double entendres (and by proxy also Larrin's character). Read before you respond.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    Damn those PTB for their continuity with the gift of life! Have they no shame? Did you really see the it coming? Just thought i'd clarify, that no it wasn't a double entendre, that was just your dirty mind again.
    I was just pointing out the pointlessness of reintroducing it in such a pointless episode.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    Tell me he didn't bend down and pick her up of the floor!!! That's absolutely disgracefull! He should have kicked her while she was down and just taken advantage of the opportunity! Oh wait isn't that what you're implying? So, putting your arm round someone's waist is considered??? I gather you're not a first aider then? He wasn't sure whether she could stand and thought he might have to carry her so the arm went to the back first, then to the waist when she was standing... have you NEVER supported someone by the waist if they were feeling woozy? So if he'd have dragged her up by the arms, that would have suited you better? So he grabbed her by the waist? That automatically makes him what?
    It's part of the big ball of wax. Had it just been that arm snaking around her waist, then I wouldn't have minded. But as part of the big ball of wax, yah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    Oh trust me if Sheppard was heavy breathing i'd have been the first to notice. Her stumbling, was Larrin using her faminine wiles... some women are sneaky like that, and if done correctly can bring a man to his knees....
    Smart men who don't think with their penises would not fall for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    Actually she kissed him. Hehehe oh I so look forward to visiting that thread... unless of course you don't want someone like me visiting, and posting.
    She was the first leaned in, but he opened his mouth and leaned forward slightly. While she initiated the make-out session, John had no problems going with it. This is not a case of "She kissed him and he didn't have enough time to react!". After all, it wasn't just a chaste kiss, they had initiated a make-out session (as the wet sound of two open mouthed kisses indicate).

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    And you know this by what? Asked the whole viewing fandom, conducted a poll, got a focus group together? Facts and figures, please FAII.
    Polls. Conducted here on Gateworld with over 150 votes. "Sanctuary", "The Tower" and "Epiphany" took Top3 of "Worst Episodes in Stargate History" with most of the voters citing the Kirking and immature Kirk-humour back before Season 3 aired.

    Then "Irresistible" and "Irresponsible" aired and another poll decided that they were the worst episodes of Season 3.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    Ah you forgot to add that it was Rodney that wanted to be taken by the sexy alien. And you also obviously forgot about Teyla's rolling of eyes... she's obviously used to it... and wasn't phased by it all. Why was that do you think?
    And this makes the episode less immature how?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    Would it make you feel better if I said you weren't as nutty as a fruit cake, and are taking this way to seriously. Sorry can't help you there. I think you've blown this way out of proportion and can only see Shep as being the 'Kirker' i'm sure I could provide you of so much material of Rodney 'kirking'. You know, just to keep things in perspective.
    I have never once claimed that Rodney's never Kirked in his entire life. Try to find a single word in my post where I claim that. The fact that Rodney might or might not have Kirked in the past does not in any way redeem John. It's like saying you killed 10 children, but someone else just killed 25, so your crime is really "not that bad":

    Also, Rodney has never in his Stargate history Kirked. While he's tried flirting with random aliens, he's always failed in the past. That is not the definition of Kirking. And he's only done it twice, once upon the insistance of John ("The Brotherhood") since he didn't even notice the perceived UST until John pointed it out to him. Then he might've tried something with Norrina. It's hardly on the same scale as John.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    Didn't you know that sex sells?
    Did you know that in the Middle East, a woman can be stoned to death by having an affair while men aren't? Does this make it right? Just because something happens does not make it right.

  20. #20
    Captain Redhooks's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    1,386

    Default Re: 4x05 - The Most Immature Episode Ever ~the Episode that Ruined Atlantis~

    Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngelII View Post
    The problem is that she's got big boobs. The problem is that whenever a Stargate actress has boobs, the writers give her something that shows off said boobs.
    I think the costume had a wonder bra or padding in it because Jill Wagner is a 34B. I don't consider those big, but maybe just about right.
    Spoiler:

Similar Threads

  1. The Atlantis 100th episode
    By Niteshadow in forum Season Four
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: January 14th, 2008, 11:26 AM
  2. Best episode for 7/29/05, SG1 or Atlantis?
    By OpenTheGateSG1 in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: July 31st, 2005, 02:51 PM
  3. Episode Aurora (SPOILERS!!!!!!!) Episode Info.
    By keppiezbt in forum SGA General Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: July 26th, 2005, 08:16 PM
  4. Atlantis after which SG-1 episode?
    By Jack Bauer in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 24th, 2005, 01:40 PM
  5. Atlantis episode rips
    By Taonas in forum SGA General Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: October 12th, 2004, 02:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •