Ronon's hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
    They let Chris grow his hair back, and sport that silly caterpillar. Why not let Ronan get rid of the wig?
    Exactly!!!
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
      They let Chris grow his hair back, and sport that silly caterpillar. Why not let Ronan get rid of the wig?
      Well, the caterpiller happened before SciFi took over, and Chris only got allowed hair after 7 years.

Still, I'd've liked to see the hair cut for dramatic and health reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
        plans changed. ronon cut his dreads off for health reasons, but sci-fi decided ronon needed to keep them, so a 10 000$ wig was made for him to wear.

without dreads:
        Spoiler:

<snip>

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=48224
        Dang but he's fine in that first picture. I thought I liked the dreads, but without all the hair obscuring his face....

So, for shallow reasons, I'm sad about the wig thing. Plus, the wig looks so unnatural -- or, at least, what they did the first three episodes looked weird. (I don't think he's worn the $10,000 wig yet. Maybe it won't be so unnatural-looking.)
        My Livejournal
        I watched all of the first four seasons of SGA last May. Here are my newbie impressions.

Comment

I love Jason Momoa in Atlantis and i just hope they let him do what makes him comfortable so he stays around. He looks hot either way!
          sigpic

Comment

Health reasons? Why did he need to loose the hair?

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by Cree View Post
              true, but as far as im aware it wasnt the producers who made the choice about his loosing the dreads it was MGM. i think he looks cool without them
              As far as I know it was scifi not MGM or the producers.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                Health reasons? Why did he need to loose the hair?
                The dreads weighed 6 pounds and were hurting his neck.

Comment

He looks just as good without them as he does with them.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miniglik View Post
                    Dang but he's fine in that first picture. I thought I liked the dreads, but without all the hair obscuring his face....
                    I agree. I don't see why the company is so obsessed with the hair, esp. since there are health reasons NOT to do the heavy dreads.
                    On the other hand, it may be the first time a show has been concerned about a man's hairstyle.

Comment

Isn't the wig supposed to be significantly lighter than his original dreads?

I think SciFi made a stupid decision. I think if Sam was allowed to change her hair every other episode, so should Ronon be allowed to at least lose the dreads.
                      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

SciFi and stupid decisions go together like peanut butter and jelly
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                          Isn't the wig supposed to be significantly lighter than his original dreads?
                          It's the other way round, unfortunately

Originally posted by jelgate
                          SciFi and stupid decisions go together like peanut butter and jelly
                          I wholeheartedly agree.

Comment

I personally think he looks alright either way. They should have stuck to the original plan and let him cut off the dreads in "Broken Ties". It sucks that they are making him wear a wig but what can ya do.
                            sigpic

Comment

Quit after your contract expires...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

I've got dreads - they're heavy - especially when they get wet and it takes forever for them to dry after a shampoo.

Comment

Working...
                                X