Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronon's hair

According to Joe Mallozzi

To those of you asking - yes, Jason did cut his hair. The dreads were becoming a bit of a pain and he asked us if he could go ahead and lose them. Paul and I wanted to accommodate him but were a little concerned given that the first episode of season 5 will pretty much pick up events as we leave them in the final episode of season 4, and we figured the fans might notice the not-so-subtle change in hairstyle....
    .....A couple of weeks prior to the start of principal photography for season five, they would be reattached in a procedure that would take approximately four hours, and he would have them back for premiere. Thus, Jason is happy and continuity is maintained. As for the ultimate fate of those dreads - that, among many other things, is up for discussion this week.
    So Ronon is probably loosing his dreads, yet more signs that the show is Dooomed!!!
    sigpic

Millitary crew cut? That would be cool, and he should probably be influenced by the Marines..
    Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

While the dreadlocks give Ronan the bad boy look, I'm glad he's going with shorter hair. It'll help him transition from the rouge warrior look to fitting in with the expedition. This reminds me of when DJ got his hair cut towards the end of SG-1 Season 2.

Comment

What's the point of keeping him around if he doesn't have his freaky alien warrior dreads?

(yes, I'm kidding... mostly )

Comment

a moment of silence for the hair

Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
          ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
          Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

I'll definitely miss the dreads, since they're such a distinctive part of his physical character. However, I'm looking forward to seeing him in a new look. Personally, I'm hoping he just shaves it short and even.

Comment

Does this mean he's going to spend the first few eps careening around Atlantis all off-balance from the sudden weight loss? Will he be experiencing phantom dred syndrome?

Comment

For all of you wondering what a dread-less Ronon looks like . . . http://www.egs-avatars.com/e_gs_imag...momoa/fond.jpg
                || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Oh my God...he looks like such a dork.

But dorks (and geeks, and nerds) are cool here, so it's a compliment.

Comment

Not looking so geeky here.

Wow, I think I like him better with the short hair. Maybe not enough to watch, but it'll be a double dose of thunky goodness when I tune in for a Lorne ep.

Comment

That should make my girlfriend happy. She see's Ronan and thinks he should be on Lost instead.

I however will think it's going to be really weird. In the photo posted above, he looks like even I could take him instead of being this big badass. But as long as he keeps the goatee, everything should be fine.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      Not looking so geeky here.

Wow, I think I like him better with the short hair. Maybe not enough to watch, but it'll be a double dose of thunky goodness when I tune in for a Lorne ep.
                      Doesn't work for me (due to firefox). Firefox users, try this instead.

I still say I could take him

sigpic

Comment

Well, I think he may have put on more muscle since the pic was taken. I'm assuming it's a pre-dread pic.

Comment

It is a pre-dread picture I believe as it's his look from Baywatch. Whoever I bet some of our female fans would be more than happier to compare that image and this one to see if he's added muscle.

sigpic

Comment

Still hot either way.
                            sigpic
                            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

The best way for him to get his haircut is for him to get captured and tortured by somebody, and part of the humiliation is to painfully remove his hair and screw him up.

If his new hair is in any way spikey, I could become homicidal. >_>

Comment

Working...
                              X