Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did the Replicator armada come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The truth is, it was a pre-emptive strike. Very much on the pre-emtpive side based on the information we had on them.

We already knew from The Return that they could rebuild Ancient Tech fairly quickly with how they managed to repair Atlantis. If it takes them that quick to repair an Ancient City Ship, how it is a strech to believe they could (re)build a fleet of ships fairly quickly?

Comment

They only repaired the damage cause by them during their attack on the city.
      The Ancients were the ones that repaired whatever was broken in Atlantis.

Yes, their repair to the tower after the explosion caused by Shepp's jumper was fast, but it was only a small part of the tower and a few of it's systems. And they did that by cannibalizing the ship they came in.

My understanding of First Strike was that the ships were the primary targets and other things were secondary.

To rebuild all the lost ships from scratch, should have taken much longer then the time they had.

However as it was previously point out, it could be that the armada destroyed was capable of intergalactic travel and that they still had other ships capable of interstellar travel, or it could be that they are using the city ships, but I think it would be difficult to swallow the story of the Replicators rebuilding their lost ships so fast.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        I don't think you would see any. From my understanding, Horizon nuked the construction sites. It didn't fire any weapons at main cities or population centres so we wouldn't see any if they went directly towards a city on the other side of the planet or far away from any possible radition.
        you would see damage still did u see how much was nuked i am fairly certain they didn't just get the construction sites it would of taken alot of the city with it and even if they did repair the nukes would of scarred the land
        sigpic
        [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

Originally posted by The.Road.Not.Taken View Post
          you would see damage still did u see how much was nuked i am fairly certain they didn't just get the construction sites it would of taken alot of the city with it and even if they did repair the nukes would of scarred the land
          A planet is a big place (not quite as vast as space, but still pretty big!). To reverse the scenario for a moment - if the Replicators had popped out of hyperspace and nuked Australia, do you really think you would be able to see the damage from New York City?
          That also leaves a lot of places where other, insterstellar, ships might be kept

Comment

i didn't mean they could see it from where they landed but when say the apollo is over the planet and resuces the jumper you should see some damage
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The.Road.Not.Taken View Post
              i didn't mean they could see it from where they landed but when say the apollo is over the planet and resuces the jumper you should see some damage
              Perhaps it was the other side of the planet?

FIRST POST!

Go Green

Comment

Good points, people.
                Likely the damage was not on the same side as where they all dropped in and out of hyperspace.
                As for the fleet, the distinction between intergallactic and interstellar fleets could be enough for our logic to buy it.
                But a simple "where did they get that many ships from so fast?" in the show would have sufficed, really... and they could have left it a mystery.
                It depends whether the Asurans have an oerdrive mode for production that their attack-wraith code could activate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jovian Diplomat View Post
                  Good points, people.
                  Likely the damage was not on the same side as where they all dropped in and out of hyperspace.
                  As for the fleet, the distinction between intergallactic and interstellar fleets could be enough for our logic to buy it.
                  But a simple "where did they get that many ships from so fast?" in the show would have sufficed, really... and they could have left it a mystery.
                  It depends whether the Asurans have an oerdrive mode for production that their attack-wraith code could activate.
                  i never thought about it like that it could of been somting to do with the code woooooo!!
                  sigpic

Comment

...and the plot hole emerges....

Comment

Working...
                    X