Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did the Replicator armada come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did the Replicator armada come from?

It took weeks for the replicators to build the ships and before they were completed we nuked them. According to Shepperd's readings they were all destroyed.

They sent the satellite weapon and after 36 hours, give or take, the city left the planet.

They may have spent another 48 to 72 hours in space before the landed.

So here is the mystery. WITH WHAT ARMADA DID THE REPLICATORS ATTACKED THE WRAITHS?

Are we supposed to assume that a new armada was build in 3 to 5 days?

Could it be that the replicators got their new armada from eBay?

Maybe the ships are made of nanites?

Or...maybe they had an underground hanger full of ships, who knows.

Comment

My theory is that 'we' already knew that they had ships capable of galactic travel, and determined they weren't a threat to Earth. But then we discovered they were building Aurora class ships, and decided the only reason they would build ships capable of intergalactic travel would be to reach Earth. IMO the ships they sent to attack the Wraith planet were the weaker ones we saw in Lifeline, it would be more even then IMO.

This is backed up by the images Ellis showed Weir and Shep, and the not-so-great ship from Lifeline.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

THe latter is my thought.. Or that they were built elsewhere on that planet.. WE only nuked a small part of it..

Comment

Or they had a crapload of cloaked ships we never saw, or maybe their buildings are really ships.
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

that ship in orbit was cloaked but that means if they had cloaked ships they would be going after earth wouldn't they?
            sigpic
            [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

Not anymore.

Comment

i know they wont but i am saying they still have ships out there and could attack earth if they wanted to
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

The latter would be my thought too, they must not have dispatched them all to Atlantis.

Originally posted by The.Road.Not.Taken View Post
                  i know they wont but i am saying they still have ships out there and could attack earth if they wanted to
                  True, but only if they somehow figure out what is causing them to attack the wraith in the first place and overwrite it.
                  Thanks to Spacemonkey Jackson for the signature!

Comment

In First Strike Mckay says to Ellis that "all of your primaries and most of your secondaries have been incinerated". Maybe these ships are the left over secondaries that he was taking about.

Other than that I'd have to say that they were already built and in a hanger somewhere, or built really really quickly, with every single replicator working on them lol. Or the asurans could have set up colonies on other planets.

That's all I can come up with at the moment.
                    Last edited by Gen_J_O'Neill; 31 October 2007, 03:38 AM.
                    sigpic
                    By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
                      In First Strike Mckay says to Ellis that "all of your primaries and most of your secondaries have been incinerated". Maybe these ships are the left over secondaries that he was taking about.

Other than that I'd have to say that they were already built and in a hanger somewhere, or built really really quickly, with every single replicator working on them lol. Or the asurans could have set up colonies on other planets.

That's all I can come up with at the moment.
                      but if some of the secondaries remained it would be a "Massive wave" would it it would only be a few ships
                      sigpic

Comment

Like replicators, it's possible that all Asuran technology is made up of the nanite technology as themselves. This would seem to fit as we've seen Asuran weapons disinterage when they've been fired upon. When Ellis talked about them building ships he said they were using real material that could be destroyed with the nukes so it's possible that the shipyard facilities on the planet were created in order to build ships so they wouldn't be be affected by the disrupter weapons.

Since the Wraith don't have this technology, any Asuran ships could have just taken off from the planet and attacked the Wraith as they wouldnt need to worry about the disrupter technology being used on them. It's possible that all of this is just an entire fleet of cityships all interconnected with each other. When the program to attack activated, they broke up and went to fight.

sigpic

Comment

we know the replicator ships have cloaks. So it is possible that the replicators already had a fleet of ships in orbit that we never knew about. The fact that they would attack earth was only a theory. Though even if it was true they would probably build up their forces before attacking. Also we know from the return part 2 that the replicators can construct something from normal raw materials (not nanites) very quickly.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

its really don't make sense its really annoys me saying they are building ships 2 attack earth then they destroy them. 2 episodes pass oh look there is more ships again!! ALSO they nuked the replicator planet wheres the bloody damage u don't see any and
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't think you would see any. From my understanding, Horizon nuked the construction sites. It didn't fire any weapons at main cities or population centres so we wouldn't see any if they went directly towards a city on the other side of the planet or far away from any possible radition.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X