This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefly cast in Stargate

Not saying it should be done, just saying for humour sake, how would you see other Firefly cast members in Stargate; like what roles you think they could take in Stargate?

Not including the following because they already have rules:
    *Morena Baccarin (played Inara) played Adria in SG-1's tenth season.
    *Adam Baldwin (played Jayne) played a Colonel of an SG team in the episode Fraiser died in, forgotten the name though.
    *Jewel Staite (played Kaylee) played a female Wraith and is now playing Dr. Jennifer Keller in Atlantis.

Anyway, I can see the following taking these possible roles:
    *Nathan Fillion (played Mal) as a USAF Colonel in command of a Daedalus class BC-304
    *Gina Torres (played Zoe) as a tough Human warrior from one the civilizations in the Pegasus galaxy, possibly even Satedan or Jaffa.
    *Alan Tudyk (played Wash) perhaps some bounty hunter or Human from an advanced civilization.
    *Sean Maher (played Simon) as an Asuran
    *Summer Glau (played River) as a young Wraith Hive Queen.
    *Ron Glass (played Sheppard) as a Prior or a Jaffa councillor.

So what do you guys think?

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Wasn't Nathan Fillion actually considered for the role of Sheppard? It was either sheppard or Mitchell, I can't remember which.

Comment

Since SG-1 is over and the two movies have already been filmed, they'd all have to be guest stars on SG:A. That said, I'd like to see Nathan Fillion show up as a space pirate with a ship similar to Firefly. He could be a minor nuisance who occasionally raids Puddle Jumpers (when on missions) along with various other worlds, occasionally helping Atlantis fight the Wraith for supplies in return. Summer Glau won't be on the show since she's starring in The Sarah Connor Chronicles. As for the remaining characters, hmm... they could be members of the Atlantis Expedition, villagers, or Asurans.

Comment

I'm gonna go ahead and refer to the actors by their character names.

I can't really see Mal in command of a 303. He lacks a chin. You have to have a chin if you're going ot command a ship. It's a rule.

As for Zoe -- definitely a Jaffa.

Wash? I don't know if I've seen too many serious Alan Tyduk roles, but I think he has the range to play a more serious character. Perhaps an USAF officer.

I could see Simon playing anything, really. He definitely has the look of a human-form Replicator. I think he'd make an awesome one. Or some kind of creepy off-worlder. Like a serial-killer type.

You've gotta have River as someone who dances. Gotta show off her moves.

I've seen the ol' Preacher in several roles. Definitely somekind of authority figure would suit him, but he could do the scoundrel thing too.

Comment

Summer Glau is obviously the überhot secret ninja assassin.

Comment

Say What?!

Nathan Filion lacks a chin?!

(she trembles with righteous indignation and fumbles for a scathing comeback)

Does not!

ladyjanus

Comment

Ooooh, I'm so perturbed I mispelled his name...

Fillion. The one with the chin...

so there...

ladyjanus

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                Not saying it should be done, just saying for humour sake, how would you see other Firefly cast members in Stargate; like what roles you think they could take in Stargate?

Not including the following because they already have rules:
                *Morena Baccarin (played Inara) played Adria in SG-1's tenth season.
                *Adam Baldwin (played Jayne) played a Colonel of an SG team in the episode Fraiser died in, forgotten the name though.
                *Jewel Staite (played Kaylee) played a female Wraith and is now playing Dr. Jennifer Keller in Atlantis.

Anyway, I can see the following taking these possible roles:
                *Nathan Fillion (played Mal) as a USAF Colonel in command of a Daedalus class BC-304
                *Gina Torres (played Zoe) as a tough Human warrior from one the civilizations in the Pegasus galaxy, possibly even Satedan or Jaffa.
                *Alan Tudyk (played Wash) perhaps some bounty hunter or Human from an advanced civilization.
                *Sean Maher (played Simon) as an Asuran
                *Summer Glau (played River) as a young Wraith Hive Queen.
                *Ron Glass (played Sheppard) as a Prior or a Jaffa councillor.

So what do you guys think?
                Adam Baldwin played Col. Dixon. Even though it was a bit part, he was so good I tracked down the Firefly series just because he was in it. And then hated Jayne, but oh well...

That rant he goes on about having kids- I send it to all my friends with multiple children- it is so true. And those four or five lines he says when he's hunkered down behind that rock with Jack seemed so real- the cynical, battle-hardened soldier. He had it down.

I think Zoe is a little too refined for a Jaffa, though she does look awfully good in leather. I see her as the leader of an off-world team, but not a Jaffa.

Mal- obviously the captain of a ship. He's not as good a shot as Zoe, so I think he should try to stay in space.

River- Frankly, a wraith. How many episodes passed until she washed her hair? Oh, wait, the Wraith have clean hair.

Simon- I like the idea of the evil replicator/serial killer, LOL! The biggest serial killers in (our) world have been doctors...

Inara- no idea.

Wash- a recurring character to provide comic relief. Ever since the closing credits of A Knight's Tale I can't take the guy seriously.

Comment

How can you hate the hero of Canton?

And where exactly did you see the statistics that say that most serial killers have been doctors? Was that out of the Journal of Uninformed Opinions or the Minutes of the American Society on Unfounded Claims? Oh, I know, you got it from the Encyclopedia of Stupid Things to Say.
                  Last edited by Bragi; 26 October 2007, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi View Post

And where exactly did you see the statistics that say that most serial killers have been doctors? Was that out of the Journal of Uninformed Opinions or the Minutes of the American Society on Unfounded Claims? Oh, I know, you got it from the Encyclopedia of Stupid Things to Say.
                    I'm not saying that he is universally correct in any way, but Harold Shipman is an example of a serial killer doctor (and a severely bad one at that). Harold Shipman

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi View Post

I didn't say "most" I said the "biggest" i.e. most prolific.
                      Well, let's see. We could start with Dr. Josef Mengele, torturer extraordinaire. And end with Dr. Harold Shipman, who holds the record for serial killings. I'm sure Dr. Michael Swango would have given him a run for his money had he not been caught.

Is that good enough for you or do you want to arm wrestle?
                      Last edited by VSS; 26 October 2007, 02:41 PM. Reason: accuracy

Comment

Let's go.

/edit

Anyway, all joking aside. . .

David Berkowitz
                        Ted Bundy
                        Jeffery Dahmer
                        The Zodiac
                        The Boston Strangler
                        Jack the Ripper
                        The Night Stalker
                        John Haigh
                        Ed Gein
                        John Wayne Gacey
                        Gary Ridgeway

Now, I misread your post, I equated biggest with most. My bad. But yeah, I would definitely say that overall the biggest, in terms of number of victims and notoriety are not doctors. As demonstrated above. And I didn't list dictators or people like Manson, who sent others out to do their bidding.

Also, I just think Sean Maher has the look, and could easily pull off any manner of serial-killer/evil type of character. Not because he played a doctor. Sort of like how I don't see Mal as in command of a 303.

He worked as captain of Serenity because his actual role as captain of the ship wasn't what defined the character. If he were to be cast on Atlantis it would be as an ancillary character and his job as 303 commander would define the role. That and you have to have a chin to command a 303. So yeah, I just don't see Nathan Fillion playing a 303 commander. Maybe an SG team leader. I see him as more of a con-artist type. Like Lucius, but bitter and tragic instead of goofy and light-hearted.

I've never heard of Shipman, but I'll google him up now.
                        Last edited by Bragi; 26 October 2007, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X