Clear All

Fighting Ground (403)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Four
    "Fighting Ground"

"Fighting Ground"
    Ep: 4.03
    Release Date: October 25, 2007
    Written by Marc Broadbent

As Callen meets with the leader of the Bentari, the Commander soon finds himself in a dangerous situation, forced to fight for his very survival.
    Outstanding
    35.00%
    Good
    25.00%
    Fair
    25.00%
    Poor
    5.00%
    Terrible
    10.00%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

What the ETA is??

Comment

Originally posted by rene.davila View Post
      What the ETA is??
      We're back to our old release time; 4pm EST. So just about an hour now.

Maybe even a little sooner than that, but definitely not later.

Comment

"Fighting Ground" is now available!

Head on over to the website to download the episode. And then stop back here to share your thoughts. Also, be sure to check out the episode's image gallery with some amazing art work by Bethany Berg!

We're very happy to have Beth design some things for us this season, and we're looking forward to seeing more from her in the future. So be sure to check it out.

We hope you enjoy the episode!

Comment

I really enjoyed that episode, i'm really starting to like the Bentari, look forward to seeing any future episodes with the Bentari.

Comment

I still don't like the Bentari actually they shouldn't have space travel let alone advanced weapons, and technology. A warrior race is one thing, a warrior race with an inferiority complex is something else.

That being said the Bentari do make good drama queens.
            *flees hordes of Bentari warriors as they figure out what that means*

Overall a great episode.

Comment

not much to say on this one. It's a nice way of updating the story with the treaty Between the Bentari and the Vorians. I just wish for some more on Earth space relations. For example, in this Episode we had a chance for some talk about Earth Bentari relations and we got nothing.

over all, I say its a good and average episode. and I got to see the Stargate...
              [An alarm is sounding. Harriman checks his watch as he and Siler stand, facing Ba'al's hologram.]
              HARRIMAN
              I'm sure he'll be here any second now.
              [Ba'al is obviously impatient.]
              HARRIMAN
              So, um…

Take our ships, take our toys, take our awesome alien tech... I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take Stargate from me!

Special Thanks to Elles sence this is a ripof of her great sig.

Comment

To me it was a good episode insteqad of an overly great one. I liked the subplot between David, and Julia more then the whole Bentari, Callen fight. Liked it, but only just.

Comment

Good Ep. An interesting first plot and a convincing secondary plot. Both bring the development of each part of the story safe and good to port, but some things doesn't match for me:

1) The Bentari are the typical warrior race, like Klingons, with their rules and their background things. Fine, that's ok for me. But the resemblance with a prehistoric culture with advanced technology is a little TOO out of place for me. Or may be they aren't actually all that prehistoric, but I read the episodes and I picture them like that. And that is what doesn't really match for me.

2) The development of David/Julia was a little predictable, but works fine enough, at least for me

3) I like the "Chris-marking-his-ground-with-Logan" theme

Good ep overall, as I said before

Thanks
                  sigpic
                  ~The place to take a break at Horizon~
                  - That's a lie!!!
                  - Indeed it is...

Comment

Originally posted by Senku View Post
                    Or may be they aren't actually all that prehistoric, but I read the episodes and I picture them like that.
                    You can check out a picture of a Bentari warrior in this episode's image gallery. http://www.freewebs.com/stargate-horizon/403gallery.htm

2) The development of David/Julia was a little predictable, but works fine enough, at least for me
                    I personally really loved that b-plot. To me they felt truly and genuinely like a married couple, which I thought was great.

3) I like the "Chris-marking-his-ground-with-Logan" theme
                    Loved that too. I think this shows just how much Christine has evolved and grown since Season One. I definitely couldn't picture the Season-One-Christine doing this.

This was actually not in the original outline, but it just felt natural, and I thought it worked out great.

Good ep overall, as I said before

Thanks
                    Thanks to you and everyone else who's commented on it so far.

I personally was very happy with this episode, and I'm glad to see that so far people are liking it. But still hoping to see some more comments. We've got 33 replies over in the premiere thread, and only 9 here. Looks like we have some catching up to do.

Comment

Looking forward to reading more of the season, i love this i wish it was actually a TV series.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
                        You can check out a picture of a Bentari warrior in this episode's image gallery. http://www.freewebs.com/stargate-horizon/403gallery.htm
                        I've already checked the images and they looks great But how the looks doesn't describe they like this or that type of society. They're tribal and, may be, about to reach a preindustrial development state... And it's that which I don't understand 100%. How did they put their hands on ships? And how about the experience to use them? A little more elaboration on that would be great
                        sigpic
                        ~The place to take a break at Horizon~
                        - That's a lie!!!
                        - Indeed it is...

Comment

Originally posted by Senku View Post
                          I've already checked the images and they looks great But how the looks doesn't describe they like this or that type of society. They're tribal and, may be, about to reach a preindustrial development state... And it's that which I don't understand 100%. How did they put their hands on ships? And how about the experience to use them? A little more elaboration on that would be great
                          They got their hands on ships by acquiring technology from others when going through the Stargate. Their ships are put together from technologies of various different races, as we established in "Resurfacing."

So normally they wouldn't have any ships of their own just yet. But because they had a Stargate, they were able to go to other planets, and eventually get their hands on technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane View Post
                            Looking forward to reading more of the season, i love this i wish it was actually a TV series.
                            Thanks. Those comments are greatly appreciated.

Comment

First time I couldn't finish reading an episode on the first run.
                              In fact, couldn't continue reading much longer on the second run.

I didn't like the plot (Sorry Callen!) nor care about the Bentari enough to continue.

I may finish reading the episode, but to me this one is a low point.

So far 1/2 out of 4.

Comment

Working...
                              X