Fighting Ground (403)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm currently half way through but I saw this which made me giggle:

Fire a warning shot off their starboard bowel.

Ok, done. I'd say a 3/5. I usually love Callen episodes but I didn't really dig the story that much. Or Chris'. I really don't like her these days. It was David's story I enjoyed. Not really much I can say about this episode.
    Last edited by Elite Anubis Guard; 01 November 2007, 04:20 AM.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Another great episode the image gallery is a really nice addition beeing abel to see the Bentari Warrior and the Alien Predator was great. It helps me visualize them better while I am reading. Is this going to be a regular thing or just for select episode's?

Really loved the interaction between Christine and Logan it really added some depth to both of them ecpecailly Christine. Man Christine really is starting to come into her own. Kind of like Hoshi Sato from Star Trek Enterprise at first she was scared but came a long way during the show. Sivea's role was cool beeing the person that could see both sides and kind of torn on what to do.

Definitely my favorite part of this episode was the B plot. David, Julia, and Caitlin are great together. Glad Julia took the job hope to see her and Caitlin alot more. Beeing a father and a husband myself I can see why david was not jumping for joy when Julia told him about the job. Tom having to talk to David and set him strait was good he know's David to well and knew he would blow it with Julia if he did not intervine.

Can not wait for episode six Eden. A huge impact on the relationship between Colonel Grant and Sivok = a great episode I love when they are together.

Comment

Originally posted by COMMANDER SIVOK View Post
        Another great episode the image gallery is a really nice addition beeing abel to see the Bentari Warrior and the Alien Predator was great. It helps me visualize them better while I am reading. Is this going to be a regular thing or just for select episode's?
        Right now that's going to be for select episodes. But hopefully pretty soon we'll be able to do this on a more regular basis, with some more artists.

Sivea's role was cool beeing the person that could see both sides and kind of torn on what to do.
        I really liked that too. It was subtle, but always there. I'm glad it came across the way it was intended.

Definitely my favorite part of this episode was the B plot. David, Julia, and Caitlin are great together. Glad Julia took the job hope to see her and Caitlin alot more. Beeing a father and a husband myself I can see why david was not jumping for joy when Julia told him about the job. Tom having to talk to David and set him strait was good he know's David to well and knew he would blow it with Julia if he did not intervine.
        That also says a lot about David and Tom's relationship, which I thought was great. And one of the things that I've always liked about David (certainly since Julia and Caitlin were introduced) is that he's got a softer side to him in that he is a family man. And at the same time he's able to switch into soldier mode whenever he's out doing his job. I like that a lot. He's able to go out, fight some bad guys, and at the end of the day he comes home to spend time with his family, or hang out with Tom.

Glad you liked the episode, by the way.

Can not wait for episode six Eden. A huge impact on the relationship between Colonel Grant and Sivok = a great episode I love when they are together.
        "Eden" is certainly another strong episode. I'm very curious to see the fan reactions after it comes out.
        Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
          They got their hands on ships by acquiring technology from others when going through the Stargate. Their ships are put together from technologies of various different races, as we established in "Resurfacing."

So normally they wouldn't have any ships of their own just yet. But because they had a Stargate, they were able to go to other planets, and eventually get their hands on technology.
          lol, this puts them on similar grounds to humans in SG-1 then, doesn't it.

Good plot advancement episode, although some of the ritual stuff seemed a bit forced.
          David and Julia's scenes were really on the ball.

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
          Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
            "Fighting Ground" is now available!

Head on over to the website to download the episode. And then stop back here to share your thoughts. Also, be sure to check out the episode's image gallery with some amazing art work by Bethany Berg!

We're very happy to have Beth design some things for us this season, and we're looking forward to seeing more from her in the future. So be sure to check it out.

We hope you enjoy the episode!

I sure will. ^^

Just finished the teaser and am about to continue reading.

The Bentari are rather interesting to me, actually... they look cute!

And that alien predator appears nasty... poor Callen, LOL!

Ill drop by to post another comment after i finish the full episode.

*Rushes back to continue reading*

Comment

Ok, i have now finished reading "Fighting Ground" and i must say... unlike most of the people here... i enjoyed this episode VERY much!

The Bentari are now on the list of my favorite races in the Horizon universe! ^^

Really good action scenes in the episode... i could really imagine that in front of me as if it was a real Stargate episode.

Really liked the interaction between Gren corock and Callen... especially that scene at the end... so adorabel!

NOTE:

Christine: Dont even get me started on their Wedding rituals.

ahahahahahahhaha!!! ^^

Best Stargate line ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane View Post
                I really enjoyed that episode, i'm really starting to like the Bentari, look forward to seeing any future episodes with the Bentari.
                I look forward to writing them!

Comment

Maybe be a little late but, outstanding episode!;D
                  sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
                    Maybe be a little late but, outstanding episode!;D
                    Youve already finished seasons 1, 2 and 3! O.O

Youre fast...

Comment

Originally posted by wraith queen inga View Post
                      Youve already finished seasons 1, 2 and 3! O.O

Youre fast...
                      that is what you get when you have such quality writing

Comment

I actually rather liked the Bentari. It's a shame we don't see more of them. The episode does go to show just how suitable Callen is to be a position of leadership and diplomacy. He has the strength and respect to do that. I like that.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks. It's nice to see some comments on the earlier episodes. I'm glad you liked it.
                          Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

No worries. I'm working on my Season 4 re-read now.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X