How about?

How would this kind of battle work out?

Darth Vader vs any system lord
    Emperor vs Anubis
    star destroyer vs Goa'uld mothership
    tie fighter vs death glider
    tie bomber vs alkesh
    stormtrooper vs jaffa
    imperial shuttle vs teltak(the gargoship u know)
    DEATH STAR vs ANUBIS's mothership

Like so: www.koti.mbnet.fi/rewes/omat/v1.jpg

actually it wouldn't matter bacause O'Neill with some C-4 would wipe out them all anyhow..

and few questions:

If the burst from the stargate as it opens destroys everything on its way, howcome the iris stays intact when sg opens behind it?

The ramp that goes trough the stargate travels with them everytime or what?

I'm new here, sorry if this has been a topic before.

Originally posted by Sir Ruff
    I don't know, but it makes my head hurt just thinking about it.

If the burst from the stargate as it opens destroys everything on its way, howcome the iris stays intact when sg opens behind it
    Short answer: The "kawoosh" doesn't form when the iris is closed.

The ramp that goes trough the stargate travels with them everytime or what?
    I don't think the ramp actually goes through the gate. It probably ends right in front of it and "picks up" right behind it.
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Darth Vader could beat ANY system lord. They're only well-armed Goa'uld after all (Even Anubis, right? I know he got stuck on the ascension elevator, but he's still JUST a physical body with lots of troops under his command). Darth's got The Force. He'd kick all their asses and be home in time for supper.

Emperor wins all-out against anything, including Anubis.

Star Destroyer VS Goa'uld mothership... that is a hard one. I suppose the Star Destroyer, in truth. It's got thousands of cannons across it's surface, plus an array of weapons specially designed to bring down ships of it's own size. Most of the Goa'uld mothership is just a pyramid anyway.

Tie Fighter VS Death Glider.... Death Glider wins, I think. Tie's are so weak, the Death Glider cannons would rip them to shreds in seconds.

I have NO idea what Alkesh is ¬_¬

Stormtroopers win over Jaffa. Both sides cant shoot for ****, but Stormers have more armor and more efficient weaponry.

I aint got a clue about the last two.

Interesting ideas though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hostile
        Stormtroopers win over Jaffa. Both sides cant shoot for ****, but Stormers have more armor and more efficient weaponry.
        Oh right, like Stormtrooper armour ever stopped anything. At least a Jaffa helm can take a few rocks. I tell you, if the Furlings are small and fuzzy the Stormtroopers had better look out.
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
          Oh right, like Stormtrooper armour ever stopped anything. At least a Jaffa helm can take a few rocks. I tell you, if the Furlings are small and fuzzy the Stormtroopers had better look out.
          Atleast the Stormies have armor Jaffa guards are basically running round in a metal vest and a flimsy pair of trousers. Plus the Stormtroopers have rifles, instead of staffs (which never hit their target unless you're Bra'tac, and never kill unless you're Teal'c). The Jaffa have the advantage of symbiotes, but if 10 FN P-90 shots to the chest is enough to take em down, I doubt the stormtrooper laser rifles would have much trouble.

Comment

Atleast the Stormies have armor Jaffa guards are basically running round in a metal vest and a flimsy pair of trousers. Plus the Stormtroopers have rifles, instead of staffs (which never hit their target unless you're Bra'tac, and never kill unless you're Teal'c). The Jaffa have the advantage of symbiotes, but if 10 FN P-90 shots to the chest is enough to take em down, I doubt the stormtrooper laser rifles would have much trouble.
            But all ST armour does is encumber, and apparently conduct blunt force trauma with uncanny efficiency. You know, that must have valuable civilian applications.

And a P90 is accurate, which is more than can be said for ST blaster (not laser, please) rifles. Anyway, clearly it's not the bullets that kill them, it's the squibs; that and the Jaffa vulnerability to that particular 'ping' sound. blaster hits don't go 'ping'; they go 'pe-yang-zworp'.

Comment

Hmmmm....
              great battle ideas, of course we all know Stargate would win in all cases
              How about :

JarJar binx Vs Harlen(Comtroya)

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ruff

Darth Vader vs any system lord
                Emperor vs Anubis
                star destroyer vs Goa'uld mothership
                tie fighter vs death glider
                tie bomber vs alkesh
                stormtrooper vs jaffa
                imperial shuttle vs teltak(the gargoship u know)
                DEATH STAR vs ANUBIS's mothership

Umm.. could you first answer one question: Which group is time traveling?
                The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                  But all ST armour does is encumber, and apparently conduct blunt force trauma with uncanny efficiency. You know, that must have valuable civilian applications.

And a P90 is accurate, which is more than can be said for ST blaster (not laser, please) rifles. Anyway, clearly it's not the bullets that kill them, it's the squibs; that and the Jaffa vulnerability to that particular 'ping' sound. blaster hits don't go 'ping'; they go 'pe-yang-zworp'.

Bah! Is all I have to say to your impossibly logical arguements

Comment

Bah! Is all I have to say to your impossibly logical arguements
                    Ah; the old 'pe-yang-zworp' ploy. Gets 'em every time

Comment

SW wins every time.

DV just chokes SLs ala Metamorphasis.

Stardestroyers have many many guns each with 200 Gigatons of fire power, a Ha'tak has at best a single anti-cap ship gun with around 200 megatonnes of firepower (though i have heard the transfromation of ne'tu needs at least low gigaton to work)

A Death glider can be destroyed by a stinger, A TIE laser has a kiloton of firepower.

Lamba shuttles have guns, Tel'taks do not.

Death Star vs Anubis' mothership? Are you kidding? The death Star blows up planets via Direct energy transfer. Anubis had trouble blwing up a small pyramaid with a cahin reaction weapon.

SW wipes the floor with SG.
                      sigpic
                      Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
                        Umm.. could you first answer one question: Which group is time traveling?
                        You mean that they are on a different era??

Naaah.. you think too much.

Comment

Gotta believe SW wins across the board.

I want a better answer to one of the original questions though; the whoosh is created when the pool is created. Seems to me that you can hear it being created. It should vaporize the iris.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                            SW wins every time.
                            I notice you don't mention Stormtroopers vs Jaffa.

"These blast points; they actually hit the side of a sandcrawler at thirty paces. Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise."

And the time-travel is a gimme since one of them is set 'a long time ago'. Of course, given the distances involved (long by intergalactic standards), it's possible the Imperial Navy has just been travelling for a long time, kept young by relativistic effects.

Comment

Sormies can actually hit people, in NH and ESB they were TRYING to herd the heros towards the flacon (on Cloud city and The Death Star) You can actually aim blaster effectively. For one example of Stormie accuarcy watxch the battle of endor wear a stormie manges to hit artoo with a mid-range snap shot. (he just pops up fires and ducks and still manges to hit a small trashcan like droid)

Now Kel Warrior vs Stormies is another matter. I thing their matched quite evenly.
                              sigpic
                              Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                              X