Firefly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefly

I didn't notice any threads about this show, but is anyone here a fan?

I picked up the series on DVD just after it came out and was totally blown away with the story, characters and quality of the entire series. It's probably my favorite show overall. It's a shame that it was cancelled. Fortunently, it's being made into a movie, entitled Serenity, coming out April 22nd, 2005.

Anyone else a Browncoat?
    A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Originally posted by JediTrilobite
    Anyone else a Browncoat?
    <raises hand>

Most definitely a Browncoat here. I watched Buffy and Angel regularly, was a big fan of both shows (still am, even though some of the choices for Buffy season 6-7 and Angel season 3-4 I was less than thrilled with). But Firefly... *sigh* There was so much potential, so much chemistry between all of the actors - right from the start. The dialogue was crisp, humorous and poignant. The storylines were intriguing and emotionally engaging. The characters - I fell in love with them all. I just can't say enough good things about it, because this show just moved me so much. And that's not such an easy thing to accomplish with only half a season worth of episodes.

Thank goodness for the movie, I couldn't stand it if I didn't get some kind of closure on this gem of a show! Except I don't even want to think of it as closure, I want sequels and new episodes too.
    Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

I loved it too. At the time it was on it aired at the same time as Buffy in my home town. How torn was I. Yeah, I could tape one and watch the other but I want to keep both!

My favorite character was Kaylee.

Comment

The Real question is, "Who isn't a Browncoat?"

Firefly was Fricking genius and Fox was a bunch of Losers for Canning it.

However with Serenity coming to Theaters next April it makes me feel all goosy inside. Heres hopeing for a new Series after it, or more films. It should rock HARD.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
          Thank goodness for the movie, I couldn't stand it if I didn't get some kind of closure on this gem of a show! Except I don't even want to think of it as closure, I want sequels and new episodes too.

Actually, it's not really a closure, just a continuation. It's been said, from Joss no less, that the movie will wrap up most-- but not all-- storylines. I think that the basic plan is to do two more movies after this one, if it does well. However, a series is out of the question, at least for five years, I've heard, because of the arrangement with Fox. Universal is doing the movie. Universal also owns the SciFi channel, so hopefully we'll see some re-runs (if they got them) or maybe some prequel-movie things that I've heard rumors about.

Comment

Originally posted by JediTrilobite
            Actually, it's not really a closure, just a continuation. It's been said, from Joss no less, that the movie will wrap up most-- but not all-- storylines. I think that the basic plan is to do two more movies after this one, if it does well. However, a series is out of the question, at least for five years, I've heard, because of the arrangement with Fox. Universal is doing the movie. Universal also owns the SciFi channel, so hopefully we'll see some re-runs (if they got them) or maybe some prequel-movie things that I've heard rumors about.
            You're absolutely right, I think I expressed myself a bit sloppily there.

Actually, I made some comments on the prospect of a possible trilogy happening, if the movie does well, in this here thread, if you feel like checking it out (and don't mind scrolling a bit ) :
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ght=X-Men+joss

Comment

Originally posted by the adventurer
              The Real question is, "Who isn't a Browncoat?"
              Just because you asked I thought i make it known that in the UK the majority of people think Firefly was pretty ****e.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitster
                Just because you asked I thought i make it known that in the UK the majority of people think Firefly was pretty ****e.
                I'm going out on a limb here but I'm going to guess that on a whole, Westerns arn't a big favorite in the UK? Because then that makes sense.

PS: What swearword ends in 'E'?

Comment

Originally posted by Whitster
                  Just because you asked I thought i make it known that in the UK the majority of people think Firefly was pretty [poor].
                  I beg to differ. It's been well received by all the many people who liked it enough to have bought the DVDs. There's no real way to tell what the 'majority' thinks anyway.

I loved it. I'm going to a con in London in a couple of weeks where there'll be a couple of Firefly actors.

Can't wait

Madeleine

Comment

Thats my same question too Made., wheres your proof that the 'majority' in UK disliked it? I haven't read nething about it, so it must be within ur personal social circle then, i'm just wondering.

Me raised hand ...

Joss Whedon lover
                    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I've talked to a couple of people from Britian, and they've liked it. Actually, everyone that I've shown it to has liked it.

Comment

Ok I was propably generalising too much there but most people I've introduced to the show or had saw it before me thought it was ****e (thats s-h-i-t-e for the adventurers referance) one of these guys was a huge Whedon fan and even he didn't like it.

Comment

Of course, was that the same person who's in your sig about Babylon 5?

Comment

loved the show....
                            was quite disgruntled when they pulled it......will be very gruntled when the movie comes out....

i really want to know what the story behind the preacher is.......
                            Thanks!
                            Jordan

my page
                            My LJ
                            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
                              i really want to know what the story behind the preacher is.......
                              Possible spoilers for the movie, Serenity:
                              Spoiler:
                              Yes, that and also what's going to happen to River.

Oh, and Reavers!

Comment

Working...
                              X