X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janet Fraiser - spoiler warning

Hi,

Short and sweet........is Dr Fraiser really gone?

Patrick

Heroes Part 2
    Spoiler:
    She's shot dead offworld tending a patient. So probably gone for good. There's even a DB.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Thanks KD.

Patrick

Comment

I was annoyed. She was one of my favorite characters... Was there a reason? Did the actor want to move on?
        A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

I've no idea. I've been searching the net for any interviews that she may have done to explain her exit but came up with nothing. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough?

I can understand why some people want to move on but it's always hard on the cast and fans...expecially after 7 full seasons with her.

I sure hope she is somehow re-animated by Thor or some other alien race cos, even though she was just as easy on the eye as Amanda Tapping, I thought her character was very important in the series.

Patrick

Comment

i loved her..even after watching heroes ten or twelve times, i'm still in tears everytime. i really really miss her. <sob>
            Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Spoilers of course....

I don't need the spoilers but I will just so people don't freak like always....

The writers wanted to do something big after the mess with the Daniel Jackson thing because it seemed that most can cheat death and the writers wanted to honor the troops with an episode about what they have to go through.

She didn't want to leave she loved her job, but she has now done a lot of smaller roles (Dead Like Me, and some other Showtime show that is coming out, along with others) plus I think she is doing some threater work too.
              It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Thanks David85. I guess the writers for Heroes probably got "too much" into the whole "tribute" thing with giving Teryl the flick.

It's actually even sadder to think that she didn't go volunterily

Comment

Yea, I remember an interview or something from a convention in which she said that when she read the script and saw that she died, she almost wanted to cry (or actually did cry). (one of the two) But she was really surprised in the abruptness of writing her out like that.
                  Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

I didn't like the way they had her die at all. I think the actress and the character would have deserved a real death scene. Sure, the way they did it fulfilled its purpose in being shocking and we got the message that it's like that in RL too. Still it didn't seem right.

Comment

Originally posted by trinity1013
                      I didn't like the way they had her die at all. I think the actress and the character would have deserved a real death scene. Sure, the way they did it fulfilled its purpose in being shocking and we got the message that it's like that in RL too. Still it didn't seem right.
                      I so agree with this. I think I've stated this before (in the Heroes thread possibly) but I just think they did the character a big disservice not only by writing her off the show, but more so in the way she left. I understand the parallells with Real Life Dying too, but it seemed too sudden, too quick to even notice she was gone. She was there one minute and the next thing you know, she's on a tape getting shot and there was a definite feeling of "Where did *that* come from?" It just seemed so "disjointed" to me (certainly not helped by the fake-out in letting us believe that Jack was the one who had died) and there was no real time to adjust to her not being there anymore.
                      Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Yep. She's dead. I loved Janet. Hammond was like the father and Janet was the mother, with SG-1 being their rambonxious kids. With Teal'c being the adopted, but equally loved, obviously. My heart sunk when I saw the episode. I wasn't able to make it through the eulogy, either. Tears kept welling up.

Comment

I thought I heard somewhere, that when they were still unsure if there would be a S8, that she had lots of offers for other acting opportunities. So with the uncertainty of if she would be needed for S8, that she took some of the other offers, which would then interfere with her being part of SG. Something to that effect, don't recall the exact wording. That may have been a big part of it.
                          O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
                          Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                            (certainly not helped by the fake-out in letting us believe that Jack was the one who had died)
                            That's what pissed me off the most. Not only are they killing off one of my favorite characters, but they're pulling this big gigantic fake-out about it possibly being Jack that died. Please. If you're going to kill a major and beloved character, at least make their final episode about them. *sniff* My poor Janet
                            Last edited by Lexx; 07 October 2004, 02:59 PM.
                            MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

Was the story written before or during the Iraq war?

Do you think the writers got too caught up in the tribute to allied soldiers in Iraq and decided to bring this real world into SG1?

Seriously though.....they could have paid tribute to service men and women in a differnet way.

Especially since Teryl didn't want to go!

SHEESH!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X