No announcement yet.

farscape sg1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can ask my hubby how I drove him nuts watching episodes of FS over and over again, especially when I was pregnant. Most women crave food, I craved FS.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
      You can ask my hubby how I drove him nuts watching episodes of FS over and over again, especially when I was pregnant. Most women crave food, I craved FS.
      I think during the small SGA hiatus for the holiday season, I might pop in some Farscape!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
        I'm not a woman, and certainly not pregnant (Duh!!), but I definitely get uncontrollable Farscape cravings sometimes.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          I think during the small SGA hiatus for the holiday season, I might pop in some Farscape!
          Finally showing some taste.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          I'm not a woman, and certainly not pregnant (Duh!!), but I definitely get uncontrollable Farscape cravings sometimes.

Those of us with taste and appreciation for good tv usually do.

Comment

Sometimes it is similar to the Stargates, but that is in concepts, normal sci-fi stuff. Like wormholes, aliens etc.

Several of the episodes are similar to ones in Stargate, for example:

1. the Farscape episode A Human Reaction is similar to the Atlantis episode Home

2. An episode in Season 3 of Farscape, Part One of the Infinite Possibilities Two-Parter, is called "Daedalus Demands" and the description of the episode is: "Crichton must face the wrath of the Ancients when a dangerous species threatens to unlock the secret to wormhole technology."

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              Hey Wolfie.

Well I loved Farscape, SG-1, and am loving SGA. I think SGA can be more compared to Farscape than SG-1. SGA is darker and they do take risks. How many times has the crew on Moya change? How many times have the characters on Atlantis change?

Farscape just had some great acting and special effects. I think both Stargate had that. I think what makes Stargate more entertaining to me, is that it has a better rewatch feeling to me. I can watch a SG-1 or SGA ep like dozens of times and not be bored. Farscape I've tried to watch over again, but it just was not the same 2nd time around. I might need to wait a little before rewatching.

Let me also compare BSG. BSG was great the first two seasons, before it became "The Love Boat" in space. I hope BSG's ending will help SGA get another season at least!
              The Stargates and Farscape have very little if anything in common. IMO, they only have the name science fiction in common. The genre of writing is entirely different. Farscape is speculative fiction so anyone who liked Joss Whedon's work on Buffy, Angel, and Firefly will feel at home in Farscape. The Stargates have a greater constant repeat factor because they are neatly tied off at the end. There is rarely any carry over from one episode to the next.

Comment

And everything in Farscape carries over, even from Season 1 to Season 4 and to PK Wars. Stargate doesn't hold a candle to it.

I love the Stargates and I love Farscape. I rewatch more Farscape though, so I guess I love it more? Stargate was my first love though

Farscape humor is original, sometimes you just need to read in-between the lines to get the humor that they can't exactly "say" on TV, but then sometimes you try not to read toooo much in-between the lines! And sometimes it's just plain goofy ... but a good and very well done goofy!!

Comment

I love both SG-1 and Farscape because both are exceptional examples of great Science Fiction on TV. Both for unique reasons. I was definitely more into Farscape at first though. Mainly because it was so original a show.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                  X