Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible weapon? ( Doppelganger Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible weapon? ( Doppelganger Spoilers)

Isn't the crystals like a perfect weapon against the Wrath. I mean send alot to Wrath run worlds and let the entity's kill the wrath. And with as many the lights up at the end. hell that would be enough to kill off all of the wrath. we wouldn't have to do a thing. but before we do that we would need a better way to kill and detect the entity.

Right there are a couple of things i would liek to say, first off the "Wraith" and not the Wrath are not cannonfodder they are intelligent beings, yes their cannibalising aliens but they are still sentient they are intelligent enough not to look into the crystal without knowing what it is first.

Yet again how do we know that they can be effected in the same way that humans were, yes maybe it would be a good idea to send them in and kill other Wraith but it wouldnt be a very good idea at all.
    sigpic

Comment

First of all, we don't know that the Wraith dream, let alone have nightmares and/or are capable of fear. Second of all, the entity is not that hard to get rid of. It was only a problem for Atlantis because they wanted to get rid of it and save the person it was in. Once the Wraith figure out what was going on they would just dump the infected Wraith into space and be done with the whole thing and they would also destroy any new crystals coming through the gate as they would realize that their problems started by touching crystals (they're not stupid). Which brings up moral issues for Atlantis as how can they send (possibly sentient) living beings off to die like that?

Overall, I doubt it would kill more than a handful of Wraith. It wouldn't even be that disruptive. I doubt it would even reach a ship population or last more than a few days. However, if Rodney was right about them being a possible power source you may have ended up turning over a discovery to them which they don't have moral issues about exploiting. However, Atlantis won't even think about researching that possibility now that they know the crystals are alive so they're certainly not going to be responsible for their deaths in other fashions.

Comment

I don't know about that, i mean we know wraith hibernate but i don't know if wraith sleep like we do, like do they require sleep to live? And if they do sleep, it could be possible that the entity could tap into the wraith telepathic network and cause more trouble than we are letting on to. I have a feeling we may see these crystals again.
        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

additionally if the wraith didn't figure out how to get rid of them and assuming they did work, the dream monster would just keep going afterwards infecting the humnas of the pegasus galaxy.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
            I don't know about that, i mean we know wraith hibernate but i don't know if wraith sleep like we do, like do they require sleep to live? And if they do sleep, it could be possible that the entity could tap into the wraith telepathic network and cause more trouble than we are letting on to. I have a feeling we may see these crystals again.
            This is what i was thinking when i wrote it about the telepathic network. i mean if it could get into one Wraith. then it should be able to transfer from one to the other without the need of touch. or at least affect all of them at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              additionally if the wraith didn't figure out how to get rid of them and assuming they did work, the dream monster would just keep going afterwards infecting the humnas of the pegasus galaxy.
              it couldn't be any worse then what the Wraith are already doing to the humans

Comment

thats probaly why the anicnets didnt list the planet of any details

maybe it infected some ancients so they dicided to abandon that planet
                sigpic

Comment

But if it was dangerous they would have at least put a warning description of the planet's adress.

Comment

Not really.. Remember it was the ancients who set it up and would therefore know if planet X is listed with no info, don't go there.

Comment

Well yes but you would still expect a description of some sort. To explain why it's dangerous. The only thing i can think of is taht the planets taht don't have a description are thus because the data was lost somehow. it could have been for various reasons. data coruption perhaps. the computers are old. whatever the reason....i don't think the ones with no description are all neccesarily dangerous, they just don't have a description.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Could also because the exploration teams never returned from the ones with no description. If you're at war with a species that "eats" life and you have an exploration team that doesn't return from a world and doesn't attempt to make contact, would you really send another team to find out what happened? (Remember that these are the Ancients whose greatest talent was in running away from their problems.)

Well yes but you would still expect a description of some sort. To explain why it's dangerous. The only thing i can think of is taht the planets taht don't have a description are thus because the data was lost somehow. it could have been for various reasons. data coruption perhaps. the computers are old. whatever the reason....i don't think the ones with no description are all neccesarily dangerous, they just don't have a description.

Comment

That is a possibility, probably the most probable.

Comment

A planet with no description = insignificance. If the planet is insignificant, who would go there? If a planet said danger, don't go, and that's all...knowing human curiosity, we'd end up going. Why, to know why it's dangerous.

Remember, Asuras was basically all but wiped out in the ancient database and it was found only by a reference in something else that the Ancients had overlooked.
                            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

As to why there's no description - Maybe an Ancient never was drawn in by the crystal so they saw no significance to them. Maybe the crystals didn't exist 5-10 million years ago when they dropped the Stargate on that planet and they simply have not returned since. Maybe they just never noticed them. There's a lot of ground to cover on countless worlds and we have no idea how far Mckay made them go from the Stargate to happen upon that jungle with those crystals living in it. Without walking around in the jungle or happening to see them light up when flying over they wouldn't have known about them.

Comment

Working...
                              X