Ronan Backlash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronan Backlash

Does anyone else think it would be logical for McKay, Sheppard and Teyla to be a bit 'iffy' with Ronan, because he kind of ditched them.

I would think, TPTB would address that, they are his second choice over his strange Setedan bed-fellows.

I hope Sheppard goes off at him or something during the season- he should punish Ronan, perhaps by making Ronan his personal slave for a couple of days, or being allowed to use Ronan's gun for a while.=)
    sigpic
    i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

I don't think so.

Ronon is one of the last of his people and he suddenly met up with friends that he thought were long dead.
    No matter how close he has got to the atlantis expidition he is still out of place. He is still different, but then he meets up with a group that are not only the same as him but were his friends and claimed to be doing what he longs to do, get revenge on the wraith, and doing it in the method that he prefers (going out and kicking ass in direct engagements).

I think Sheppard McKay teyla and even sam understand this. Besides i think having his friends turn on him is really punishment enough.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I'd have thought that there might be a little backlash, but nothing big. He's been fighting side by side with the Expedition for two years, they came to save him in Sateda, and helped him in Runner and then he seemed to have very little problem, in my opinion, with just ditching them. I doubt there will be a problem with it, but I think that if I were one of the team I might be a little irked.
      sigpic
      If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
      I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

No I think the members of SGA are more mature than that. I think they recognize that heres a guy whose entire life was destroyed and that he has a chance to be back with his people and not with a bunch of aliens. Its like choosing to help family over friends. The friends, if they are really friends, understand the importance of family.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
          No I think the members of SGA are more mature than that. I think they recognize that heres a guy whose entire life was destroyed and that he has a chance to be back with his people and not with a bunch of aliens. Its like choosing to help family over friends. The friends, if they are really friends, understand the importance of family.
          Ditto that. couldnt add another word to it. Perfect.
          : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
          : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Originally posted by Athosian Death facilitator View Post
            Does anyone else think it would be logical for McKay, Sheppard and Teyla to be a bit 'iffy' with Ronan, because he kind of ditched them.

I would think, TPTB would address that, they are his second choice over his strange Setedan bed-fellows.

I hope Sheppard goes off at him or something during the season- he should punish Ronan, perhaps by making Ronan his personal slave for a couple of days, or being allowed to use Ronan's gun for a while.=)
            TPTB aren't very good at following up stuff like this...

However, no, don't seem his team as being 'iffy' with Ronon as Ronon has always been a 'free agent,' so to speak. As is Teyla. I'm pretty sure Ronon's participation is verbal, no signed contracts, etc. Ronon leaving is really no different (except for classified info - location of Atlantis) than anybody else leaving a job. I mean, heck, how many times has Teal'c gone and left the SGC?

Comment

I think Sheppard, McKay and Teyla would understand Ronon's point of view. They obviously didn't want him to go, but the conversation he had with Teyla and John pointed to him being the leader of this particular group of people. Ronon's first response to seeing them was to try to get them to Atlantis not to ditch his team and run off with the Satedans. When that wasn't possible he was left with 2 choices: ignore his family (his word) or join them while still fighting for and defending Atlantis (per his conversation with Sam).

As P-90 said, he was betrayed by his family, watching 1 die and killing another. I don't think his teammates would fault him for his choice or want to trade places with him. They'll welcome him back with open arms because he is a member of their family.
              sigpic
              Sig by Luciana
              My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                TPTB aren't very good at following up stuff like this...
                Or anything else...

Comment

that's a little mean.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Oh, come on... how many times has Teal'c left SG-1 to rejoin his Jaffa people only to be back on SG-1 by the end of the episode or in the next?

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                      I agree.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Ronan is one of a handful or survivors from his home planet in the Pegasus galaxy. He runs into a few more survivors who were part of his unit and his friends. It's not a stretch in the least that he would want to rejoin them, especially if they were fighting the Wraith. If anything, the rest of the team should be a little sympathetic about what happened.
                        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I think Shep and the others were sad seeing him leave and maybe a little bit disappointed but surely wouldn't be mad by his decision to rejoin maybe the last of his people
                          Last edited by Jumper_One; 20 October 2007, 01:47 PM.
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Argh, just watch Reunion, it only shows in the UK on Tuesday but I big fan of Ronan so dl'ed it to watch it. Anyway, I got the feeling that Ronan thought he and his people would form a team to work alongside John's, not that he would run away and never see them again. i loved this ep, thought it was great, when are they going to realise that when they give JM and RL that lines, they are a really great part of the show!

Comment

Originally posted by Athosian Death facilitator View Post

Teyla won't be that way, Shepherd might be a little bit hurt, but Rodney probably will be noticeably peeved that Ronan was willing to ditch them for the old friends.
                              - The Truth is Out There!

Comment

Working...
                              X