• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Education of Jaime Sommers (105)

Visit the Episode GuideBIONIC WOMAN SEASON ONE
    THE EDUCATION OF JAIME SOMMERS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 105

BACHELORS OF LOVE -- Jaime finally gets to experience college when she goes undercover as a British transfer student to investigate a professor who is possibly selling neural implants to terrorists. However, her assignment becomes complicated when she unexpectedly falls for Tom, the teacher's assistant, who has been flagged as a suspect. (NBC)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 12 December 2007, 07:07 PM.

I love this episode! Best of the season.
    Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Definitely better than the last few, but something still just doesn't sit right with me about the writing. And I still just can't get used to Jaime Sommers, for some reason I just don't care about her character. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the story (for the most part).
      Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
      Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
      Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
      --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

I really enjoyed this eps. Loved that Michelle got to speak in her native "tongue". Loved the relationship with "Tom" (did we learn if that is his real name? My favorite part was:
        Spoiler:
        at the end when the bad guy was getting away and Jamie hurled a cantalope at the guy and caught him square in the head.

All in all I think this show is developing nicely and while the writing isn't the greatest, it's not as horrible as it was.

Can't wait for the next eps in 2 weeks.
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I almost lol'd at the cantelope part...I think it actually made me hungry...
          Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
          Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
          Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
          --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
            I almost lol'd at the cantelope part...I think it actually made me hungry...
            I actually did at that part. It reminded me of that bit in Mrs. Doubtfire "A drive by fruiting".
            sigpic
            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I definitely agree that this has been one of the best episodes so far. It had a fairly good plot. Nothing that was too obvious, but it fit together well in the end. Loved the fact that Michelle Ryan got to use her own accent. Very cool. And yeah, the cantaloupe bit at the end was totally a laugh out loud moment.

It was nice to get to see Jamie live out a bit of her college fantasy, and actually prove to herself that she could have done well in the area she would have liked.

The only part that bothered me was when she was still speaking in her accent when she was talking with the tech on the phone. I thought that was a little strange. Though, I must say I did appreciate the fact that they made note of it. That quick mention ended up taking away a lot of my annoyance with that particular bit.

It looks like "Tom" will be back too. Which should be interesting.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
              "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Best ep so far
                Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

I also thought this was a pretty nicely done episode. I'm definitely enjoying this show for the most part. Should be interesting to see how long they keep this "Tom" character around.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Wasn't Tom's real name something like Shawn/Sean? I thought I heard it. Could be wrong.
                    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                      I really enjoyed this eps. Loved that Michelle got to speak in her native "tongue". [...]
                      wow, I was going to say I loved how she was able to immitate a British accent! but after reading this, I changed to "great how she can immitate an american accent"! (not watching Eastenders didn't help me know she was English...)

Comment

Working...
                      X