• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faceoff (104)

Visit the Episode GuideBIONIC WOMAN SEASON ONE
    FACEOFF
    EPISODE NUMBER - 104

Jaime goes after a medical doctor and CIA employee who has been kidnapped by terrorists and is being held in Paraguay.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 12 December 2007, 07:07 PM.

Definitely a few flaws with this one, the biggest being how that fan suddenly worked once Jaime un-bent the blade. Earlier in the episode, she so burned out it's motor when she stopped it. Still though, I enjoyed the episode overall. I'm still sticking around.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I noticed the issue with the fan myself. The other thing I noticed is that her little bridge jumping was more for effect than good purpose. What was her goal exactly, besides being a target? She was completely open to being shot...which surprise surprise she was. Meanwhile, the place she was supposed to be heading was right beneath her, accessible, and much safer.

Jaime really is green if she thought the guy wasn't going to disappear on her when she left him with the goods. geez. My life isn't even close to being that interesting and I know better than to trust people that much... She really thought it was OK not to keep a constant eye on the guy who has detailed knowledge on how her body works?

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

This week was weak IMHO and how did they get Sarah?
        sigpic
        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
          This week was weak IMHO and how did they get Sarah?
          I'm guessing that's one of the many mysteries hidden in the reworking of the episodes and their order.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Another mediocre episode IMO, just a lotta little things and a few major ones.
            Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
            Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
            Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
            --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Sarah's capture did seem a little too easy, didn't it? Considering what she's supposedly capable of, that is.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Ratings are not good

Fans gave Isaiah Washington a cool reception as audiences fled NBC's "Bionic Woman," forcing it to a 5.5 rating/9 share, according to Fast National ratings from Nielsen Media Research, the show's worst performance so far.
                Source : SyFy portal
                Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
                They had to fake the ratings
                They had to fake the ratings.
                Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

Yup, but apparently NBC ordered more eps anyway.

I really wish they hadn't brought in Isaiah Washington, though; he doesn't deserve to work in Hollywood anymore, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    Yup, but apparently NBC ordered more eps anyway.

I really wish they hadn't brought in Isaiah Washington, though; he doesn't deserve to work in Hollywood anymore, IMO.
                    I think he deserves a second chance. There are a lot a-holes out there, most just don't get called on it. His hiatus should have lasted longer though. It is too soon to see him again and he doesn't add anything to this show anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
                      I think he deserves a second chance. There are a lot a-holes out there, most just don't get called on it. His hiatus should have lasted longer though. It is too soon to see him again and he doesn't add anything to this show anyway.
                      I don't think he should have been hired either, though I disagree on the second chance. At least for now. He certainly doesn't deserve to be working so soon under a "special guest star" title (that really pissed me off). Not to mention from what I saw of him on BW he was flat and boring, and brought absolutely nothing to the show other than controversy.

Stupid, stupid move by NBC.

Comment

I pretty much try and avoid focusing on the Isiah Washington thing. He's done ok, but nothing fantastic.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Considering how strong Jaime is supposed to be twice so far in the
                          series she's nearly been beaten in hand to hand combat with mere
                          mortals...

Not good. And what was it with the bullet? First we see all the nanites
                          surrounding the bullet and about to movie it and all and then the guy
                          finally pulls it out of her shoulder. But shouldn't it at that point be
                          covered in nanites?

I wonder if we ever get to see her bionice minus skin

The other thing that bugs me a bit about this show is
                          that Jaime for a supposed adult seems to act more like
                          a teenager. It's almost as irritating as the Gilmore Girls
                          and their constant juvenile banter.
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            Sarah's capture did seem a little too easy, didn't it? Considering what she's supposedly capable of, that is.
                            I think she's looking for some kind of cure and hopes/thinks that maybe they may be able to help her.

Not as good or as funny as sisterhood, but it's ok. I still enjoy it and it's a fairly ok show to while away the wait to Razor and BSG season 4. I think it's one of those shows that can be enjoyable if you check your brain at the door

'All of this has happened before
                            And all of this will happen again
                            So say we all.'

Comment

I am still going to stick with the show despite what I have said previously
                              because there does seem to be an element of fun to how everyone plays
                              their characters.

And Michelle Ryan's not that bad. It's just the semi awful stuff they
                              have given her to work with.

Would have been nice if her reaction and post op were like the movie
                              "running delilah" where Kim Catrall wakes up in her hospital bed and
                              pulls the bed sheet over her right arm and they haven't put coverings
                              on it yet..... I'd still like to see more of what the bionics look like
                              without the skin, and hopefully they will show us. (crosses fingers)
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X