Out of Time (207)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Positives:
    + Matt-Maury arc is wrapped up. Interesting as it was, I was ready for the showdown.
    + Claire and HRG finally break. I've been waiting for that for so long now, especially after the way he continually treats her like she's beneath him.
    + Molly's awake!
    + Both Peter and Hiro are back in the present, and Peter has at least some of his memories and abilities back (knows how to use them, anyway).
    + Adam=Kensei was cool, especially that scene of him catching Peter's lightning on his hand. For a second, I thought he was going to pull an "Attack of the Clones" Yoda and fling it back at him.
    + West and HRG come into contact. You could really see the terror in West's eyes, too. I honestly think this explains why he can act so obsessive towards Claire sometimes; he doesn't trust anyone after the whole HRG abduction, and he just wants to make sure he doesn't lose this one friend he really has.
    + Seeing Niki go psycho was pretty cool.
    + We saw 2 or 3 of the Series of Eight get resolved in one episode!
    - And the big one: how on Earth are they gonna stop this new Dark Future?

Negatives:
    - Niki might die, and now she's powerless.
    - Mohinder turned on HRG that fast? Please...
    - Caitlin is stuck in the Alternate Dark Future! I really liked her, and you could almost feel the despair rolling off Peter when he accidentally jumped back to 2007.
    - No Sylar, Monica, or Micah...
    - Some of the dialogue was a bit... bad.
    - Maury had been built up into this terrifying bad guy, but he seemed pretty weak here.

Overall, an amazing episode, one of the best this season. And next week looks even better.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

At least now we finally know where the logo comes from for certain, too. Adam has been using it all along. I don't think that he has been holding a grudge all this time though. Bob seemed to think that Adam had good intentions at the beginning of the Company. And Kaito was involved without incident, even when Hiro was born. I think that after finding others with powers, Adam became drunk with power. Over the prior 400 years, he had probably cooled off from Hiro's whole betrayal.

I think it's odd that the virus exists in the future now, but there had been no mention of it in Five Years Gone. It's not like the New York incident and the development of a mutant virus would have any effect on each other.

Also curious, just how powerful could Adam really be? So he has a healing ability. Claire has it. Peter has it and a bunch more. Sylar (with power) could easily kill him. Unless he can control elements like Bob hinted at, Adam is not all that big of a threat.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
        At least now we finally know where the logo comes from for certain, too. Adam has been using it all along. I don't think that he has been holding a grudge all this time though. Bob seemed to think that Adam had good intentions at the beginning of the Company. And Kaito was involved without incident, even when Hiro was born. I think that after finding others with powers, Adam became drunk with power. Over the prior 400 years, he had probably cooled off from Hiro's whole betrayal.

I think it's odd that the virus exists in the future now, but there had been no mention of it in Five Years Gone. It's not like the New York incident and the development of a mutant virus would have any effect on each other.

Also curious, just how powerful could Adam really be? So he has a healing ability. Claire has it. Peter has it and a bunch more. Sylar (with power) could easily kill him. Unless he can control elements like Bob hinted at, Adam is not all that big of a threat.
        Has it occured to anyone that maybe Adam doesn't have cellular regeneration? Maybe he has empathic mimicry, which would explain why Bob showed Nathan an article on strange weather; Adam took regeneration from some evolved human in the past, gained weather manipulation sometime, and absorbed space-time manipulation from Hiro, allowing him to jump to the present (explaining his appearance).

And has anyone else noticed a small descrepency? The future guy said that the first outbreak of the Shanti Virus was reported on March 20, 2007, but not viral outbreak was reported last season (the only possibility would be Molly, but her case wasn't reported to anyone outside of the Company).
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
          You mean he's not a big "physical" threat. Of all the people on the planet who are considered powerful, none of them are gifted with anything more than wits and cash. Adam has had time, lots of time, to get cash, to influence governments and build empires. He is one of the earliest known people with an ability, which gives him one up on every hero who only just discovered they were special.

If someone told me they were 200+ years old, I'd trust they knew a few things more than me. That combined with natural charisma gives you power to convince people do what you want. He doesn't need physical power really... just charm and money.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

So far, regeneration has been the only power that he has shown, so we have to assume that it's the only one he has until we know further. It's doubtful that he's been time travelling though, since he was involved continuously in the company for many years.
            sigpic

Comment

Good episode. So many big things happened. The whole plague storyline was fleshed out quite a bit.
              Of course, Kensei being Adam was the big "Whoa" moment.
              Looks like it's Mohinder, not West, who's supposed to kill HRG.

I'm glad that Matt "took care" of his creepy father and Molly came out of everything okay.

Also glad that Nathan now knows that Peter is alive.

Poor Hiro getting the news of his father's death as soon as he gets back to the present. But at least he's back with Ando, his partner in crime.

I actually didn't mind Niki too much for once.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                Has it occured to anyone that maybe Adam doesn't have cellular regeneration? Maybe he has empathic mimicry, which would explain why Bob showed Nathan an article on strange weather; Adam took regeneration from some evolved human in the past, gained weather manipulation sometime, and absorbed space-time manipulation from Hiro, allowing him to jump to the present (explaining his appearance).
                Good catch. This could very well be! Hence why Claude would refer to Peter as "another one of those". So now Adam has every power Peter has. Charming.

Wait.. given the inheritance factor... could this mean that Peter's father is really.... Adam? They were all part of the special team from before, and Angela has slept around quite a bit...

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                  Good catch. This could very well be! Hence why Claude would refer to Peter as "another one of those". So now Adam has every power Peter has. Charming.
                  Yeah, Claude was another reason that seems all the more plausible. He only said "another one of those" after Peter explained exactly what his power was, indicating another empath had crossed paths with him sometime.

If that empath was Adam, it would make perfect sense; Adam was a member of the Company in the past, probably around the time Claude himself was.

Wait.. given the inheritance factor... could this mean that Peter's father is really.... Adam? They were all part of the special team from before, and Angela has slept around quite a bit...
                  Now that would just be scary... Peter, meet your daddy; the man who wants to kill you all.

Comment

That battle would be truly epic. And.... what if it ended in Sylar taking his power back through Adam?

Oh crap, should I use spoiler tags? Because the series is just that predictable this season.

Comment

If Matt's powers could evolve, then who's to say Adam's powers couldn't as well. It's quite possible that Sylar is just small potatoes compared to Adam. I dont really see Sylar being all that bad, as he's not providing towards the big evil that seems to constantly happen in the future.

If anything Sylar should heal by killing Claire. Her make out seasons, wow exciting tv. If anything, HRG should tell her the truth about him being killed by West instead of forcing us to watch a teen drama.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alaskannut View Post
                        OK, I admit this..I called the Kensei-as-murderer angle after the first episode, and I suspected that he would turn out to be Adam...but still, when he stepped out into the field of view and identified himself...*whew*...Sylar move over...the REAL bad*** has entered the building!
                        I absolutely agree. As predictable as it was, it was still a great moment- the execution was perfect. I was sure excited when he stepped out from behind that screen.

I sure hope this is a sign of the season picking up- we've got one less branched off storyline now, which is good and hopefully a few more will converge soon. We've had no Sylar + twins for a couple of weeks, so hopefully they've made it to New York in the interim. I'm also looking forward to lots of Hiro and Ando back together- hopefully they'll make it back to the U.S. soon.

Comment

using process of elimination (assuming adam isn't an empath) we can deduce that angela's power is to manipulate the wheather, she seems like the type who would make it snow in miami
                          Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                          sigpic

Comment

Or it could be power reversal. THe Haitian removed Peter's memories, and Angela reversed that. Considering Bob's comment that the tsunami could have been the result seems to indicate that Angela averted Adam's powers.

And since Adam's only shown power is healing, you can't cause weather anomalies by healing yourself.

The only process of elimination results in Adam being an empath.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                              Or it could be power reversal. THe Haitian removed Peter's memories, and Angela reversed that. Considering Bob's comment that the tsunami could have been the result seems to indicate that Angela averted Adam's powers.

And since Adam's only shown power is healing, you can't cause weather anomalies by healing yourself.

The only process of elimination results in Adam being an empath.
                              So far, it really seems that way. Why else would Bob show Nathan that, coupled with a few lines about how dangerous and pwoerful Adam is, unless the two were connected? And then it only makes sense if Adam could actually carry out that tsunami thing in the first place, which implies a power greater than simple regeneration.

Comment

i think icyneko might be on to something with the power reversal theory, good call.
                                oh and i really don't think this myself but i know there's been a lot of confusion about it, if mohinder's immunity to the virus is a power, and not just his father's doing, that would meen that peter (and possibly adam) are/is immune
                                Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X