No announcement yet.

The Line (206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so substitute the word bomb for the word virus and now we have a brand spanking new story? oh dear.

i dont know why but most of the characters are really getting on my nerves this season, especially the new ones they arent written very well a bit too unsympathetic for my liking and i agree with some comments that ive seen that none of the heroes are being.....heroes, claire and wests use of their powers was infantile and self agrandising just no good at all.
    i get that they're teenagers but unfortunately we've seen claires character 20+ eps last season and that just didnt fit.

HRG always good though even if he seems to have a miniature cannon for a gun and sylars speech to maya's brother was great he is a fantastic villain but i still wish the writers had, had some balls and killed him off last season or anyone important (parkmans recovery especially dubious).

oh and shock horror, kensei turned!! no way !! get outta here!!! exclamation marks!!!!! so kensei is a villain and sylar is a villain and matts dad is a villain and adam monroe is a villain, but no one is being a hero!!!
    quit whining (and having amnesia) and get on with it!
    To the Mandatorium!!!!!

Comment

West needs to either die, or become completely evil soon. Very soon. Cause wow, what he's doing to Claire.....not cool. How stupid can you get? Get a student suspended just so you can get on a cheerleading squad, just so you can lie to your dad and go out with flying stalker boy?

West has the art of manipulation down pat.

Otherwise, excellent episode. The season is picking up, the Peter story was much better, still enjoying the Hiro story, missed Matt, and HRG was continually awesome- he'd better not die!

Comment

This is getting a tad boring, and now I think all those people who bagged out 'Lost' for being stagnant and praising 'Heroes' for rapid, exciting plot developments need to bite their tongues, because the first six episodes of this season have been half-hearted, meager, and sluggish. I cannot think of a single character thread that I'm enjoying at the moment, everybody is lost and actual developments of major consequence aren't happening.

Two or three episodes of this oly would be fine, but six!? Things need to improve right now, as in last week!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
          West needs to either die, or become completely evil soon. Very soon. Cause wow, what he's doing to Claire.....not cool. How stupid can you get? Get a student suspended just so you can get on a cheerleading squad, just so you can lie to your dad and go out with flying stalker boy?

West has the art of manipulation down pat.

Otherwise, excellent episode. The season is picking up, the Peter story was much better, still enjoying the Hiro story, missed Matt, and HRG was continually awesome- he'd better not die!
          I'm wondering, based on the painting of HRG death, if it isn't West that ends up killing him. Not that I want that painting to come true...as HRG is one of my favorite characters.

So West disappearing works for me...the sooner the better.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

If you look at so many of these shows that live around a full season arc is that the first season if often the best. Just look at how good the first year of BSG was and how crappy its been since at least compared to great first year. I'm I don't agree that its bad but I do think some of the edge that was there in the first year is gone.

As for Claire and West how many women have you known to stay with a women that everyone around them knows is bad. And no matter how many times you try to help them tell them this is bad they stay with the guy. I bet you that this is what the writers are going for. It's hard to watch it even painful knowing they are doing something that is wrong but women in these cases has to learn for themselves.
            "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

1. Nice one Mohinder, let's see how long this lasts! What Nikki/Jessica's gameplan is I don't know!

2. Claire-West. Meh. Could get interesting next week though.

3. Hiro that was not a good idea mate.

4. OK, Peter's gone time-travelling, but how the hell is he going to get back?

OK, very interesting.
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

*zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

I am so glad Peter is out of Ireland, if only he'd ditched the annoying Irish girl with the grating voice.

Claire - "stalker" and "rapist" give me a break. The boy is lonely, and of course he wants to make Claire spend time with him. The most far-fetched thing is the whole car story. Why isn't that a bigger deal? I would have grounded her for ever for that.

Hiro - my pet theory is that, as we know, time is circular (wibley wobley?) and so I think Hiro is Kensei. He has to go back in time to do (he thinks) what Kensei did. But I think that he is the hero. (maybe he'll kill annoying English guy and take over the persona?) and therefore never come back to the present. Although, he did appear in full warrior kit in S1 and mention he was from the future so who knows.

Basically it's getting very flat. Cute New Orleans girl is only marginally less barfworthy than the twitty twins.

I'm going to stop watching if it doesn't pick up soon.
                In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

I really enjoy the Claire/West story.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                    Well holy crap, finally what I would consider a big episode.
                    Spoiler:
                    Kensei's betrayel and Hiro breaking history was unexpected. I wonder if Kensei can be redeemed, or if Hiro will have to stop him and take his place in history. So I wonder if the killer virus is the Shanti virus, or Maya's virus. If it's the Shanti virus, and if its due to the experimentation of the company that it jumped to the general population, if so maybe letting New York blow up would have been better. I have a question about the scene where HRG shot Ivan. Does the gun he was using have enough power to blow Ivan back like that? I wouldn't think so, unless Ivan was tipping his chair back, he should have stayed where he was.
                    It is the Shanti one.. Named for Mohinder's dead sister iirc.

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                    By the way, did anyone catch a good look at all the paintings?
                    Unfortunately, no.. BUT i would love it if there was a site out there which showed all 8 in order...

Originally posted by Phenix View Post
                    O and I despise the Claire West story. If I'm not mistaken the entire team had plastic cups so it looked like they were all drinking. I hope the writers do not want me to believe that the head cheerleader drank 750 ml bottle of liquor and remained coherent. Also Claire's fall from the sky would have caused her blood to splatter on the seats. This entire scenario was ridiculous.

So in reality Claire's revenge would have had the girl expelled from school along with the rest of the cheerleading team. At least a few of them were drinking out of colored cups. Anyone who has ever been to a party knows that those are the preferred cups. So her revenge would have also hurt more girls.
                    If nothing else, there should have been more of an investigation into what the head chearleader's claims of a body dump/drop, maybe some CSI people out there scouring the scene..

AND yes it should have had more repercussions for the other gals since they were also drinking.

[QUOTE=alaskannut;7276624]
                    - Mohinder telling off Bob and trying to destroy the virus.
                    - Bob showing a kinder, gentler side of the Companyw/ Mon9ica at the end...wonder how long that will last
                    - the Sylar/Alejandro/Maya trio....we are so very frakked/quote]

Unsure. BUT i was fearing that Bob might have had his daughter come in and 're-educate' him...

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
                    West seems to think his power makes him better than lesser humans....so I can continue to hate him comfortably.
                    This ep is the first one i actually hated what West did.. Even Clair showed she was 'did we really have to go that far'??

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
                    Not a bad episode. At least we had some pretty momentous things happen.

The whole HRG in the Ukraine was the best part. He's still brutal to say the least and I'll admit that I was shocked when he shot that guy.
                    I was more shocked at the extent he went to with the mind erasing..

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                    Syler is being his usual great self, he´s the best villian I´ve seen in a television series in a long time. Maya I don´t like at all, her brother was right when he said she had become a killer when she used her power like that and that makes her a completely unsympathetic character for me. You can´t justify killing people like that just because you have some vague hope for a cure. Truthfully if I had her power I would either A) Go life in a cave somewhere or B) Put a bullit through my head.
                    SHe did lose some major sympathy points with me, for turning her back on her brother to go with gabriel.

Originally posted by eri-chan View Post
                    hmm i couldn't care less about debbie being suspended. she was drinking on school grounds and thats not on at any high school. but yeah west is a bad influence on her.

i'm still hoping maya can turn sylar good. if sylar turns out to have his powers taken from him via a certain virus, then what's to say he wont turn for the better? he doesn't feel special at all atm. maybe going good might make him feel special.
                    Powerless or not, he is imo a psycho..

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                    4. OK, Peter's gone time-travelling, but how the hell is he going to get back?
                    I am just wondering when he copied it??

Comment

Working...
                    X