• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Line (206)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON TWO
    THE LINE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 206

Bennet takes the Haitian to find his former mentor, while Claire and West decide to teach the school's head cheerleader a lesson. In feudal Japan, Hiro and Kensei attempt to rescue the Swordsmith. Suresh faces a moral dilemma after introducing Monica to the Company, and Sylar and the twins attempt a border crossing.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 09:35 PM.

Well holy crap, finally what I would consider a big episode.
    Spoiler:
    Kensei's betrayel and Hiro breaking history was unexpected. I wonder if Kensei can be redeemed, or if Hiro will have to stop him and take his place in history. So I wonder if the killer virus is the Shanti virus, or Maya's virus. If it's the Shanti virus, and if its due to the experimentation of the company that it jumped to the general population, if so maybe letting New York blow up would have been better. I have a question about the scene where HRG shot Ivan. Does the gun he was using have enough power to blow Ivan back like that? I wouldn't think so, unless Ivan was tipping his chair back, he should have stayed where he was.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Pretty good episode overall. Oh Hiro, looks like he played a part in turning Kensei bad. Not good. And Bennet definitely hasn't lost his coldness. And our good Dr. Suresh should sure have his hands full with his new "partner". Looks like Nikki is gone to me. Syler is still as devious as ever, and what has our boy Peter gotten himself into now?
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Greeeeeeat episode, I loved it.

The Hiro thing really surprised me. I always assumed Kensei would "turn" but I didn't know it would be that early and that huge. I think the Maya/Alejandro/Sylar thing was a bit predictable, but entertaining nonetheless. I loved the story with HRG and Ivan. We see an even darker side to HRG now, I'm still a bit shocked at what happened. By the way, did anyone catch a good look at all the paintings? I could only make out a few (I think one was with Sylar holding a gun). The Claire story was a bit interesting but still meh. I'm starting to like Peter's story more now that he's outta Ireland. New York being evacuated definitely sounds like an interesting plot line. Looks like it may have been due to some virus outbreak (the one Mohinder was warning Bob about?). Anyway, great episode overall. I'm starting to get that season one feel back.
        Last edited by Xicer; 30 October 2007, 11:53 AM.
        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Who's Joe?
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
            Greeeeeeat episode, I loved it.

The Hiro thing really surprised me. I always assumed Kensei would "turn" but I didn't know it would be that early and that huge. I think the Maya/Alejandro/Sylar thing was a bit predictable, but entertaining nonetheless. I loved the story with HRG and Ivan. We see an even darker side to HRG now, I'm still a bit shocked at what happened. By the way, did anyone catch a good look at all the paintings? I could only make out a few (I think one was with Sylar holding a gun). The Claire story was a bit interesting but still meh. I'm starting to like Peter's story more now that he's outta Ireland. New York being evacuated definitely sounds like an interesting plot line. Looks like it may have been due to some virus outbreak (the one Mohinder was warning Joe about?). Anyway, great episode overall. I'm starting to get that season one feel back.
            I think Peter's storyline will definitely get a lot more interesting now. No doubt about that. As for the evacuation, either it was a virus, or Maya made it to New York (with Sylar directing her).
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

If you take Claire out of the episode then I think it was excellent but Claire and West make me want to gag.

The Hiro-Kensei split was not that surprising. I saw it coming when Hiro finally kissed her. Now of course they have to fight. The only way Hiro can beat him is if he stops time. Maybe Hiro drops Kensei off in the future then returns to take over Kensei's identity.

Peter's story is interesting but I'm not sure if you can properly call it a story. Its more like a story board with actors.

Monica.... she better have a purpose other than just being ridiculously hot.

The Tres Amigos (Sylar, Maya, and Ajendro(?) are starting to get interesting.

O and I despise the Claire West story. If I'm not mistaken the entire team had plastic cups so it looked like they were all drinking. I hope the writers do not want me to believe that the head cheerleader drank 750 ml bottle of liquor and remained coherent. Also Claire's fall from the sky would have caused her blood to splatter on the seats. This entire scenario was ridiculous.

So in reality Claire's revenge would have had the girl expelled from school along with the rest of the cheerleading team. At least a few of them were drinking out of colored cups. Anyone who has ever been to a party knows that those are the preferred cups. So her revenge would have also hurt more girls.

There is also the blood splatter from her fall. Any fall from that height would have caused some initial bleeding before her body could recuperate. I assume the blood on her upper torso is from a bone breaking the skin. Its hard to imagine a situation where no blood would have splatter onto the surrounding surface.

This scene would have some merit if Heroes showed Claire regretted the decision other than that 15 second remark to West. I don't know, this arc with Claire is really showing the limitation of Heroes chosen format.

Comment

A HUGE step up from the last 4 episodes!

This episode reminded me why I liked Heroes: developing plot with a good sense of action-- why give your characters super powers if you don't want them to do something cool with them?

I really liked how each storyline was now taking a turning point and actually going somewhere. Can't wait to see what happens next week.. especially with Hiro's plot. :3

Comment

Well frak me....things are starting to get intense here!

First off the bad: the ongoing Claire and West thing...what's up with that? I mean come on Claire, wake up --the guy all but has RAPIST stenciled in block letters on his forehead. And don't even get me started on their stunt tonight...

Now the good, and oh how good it is

- Mohinder telling off Bob and trying to destroy the virus.
                  - Bob showing a kinder, gentler side of the Companyw/ Mon9ica at the end...wonder how long that will last
                  - the Sylar/Alejandro/Maya trio....we are so very frakked
                  - Peter and Caitlin are not only not in Ireland anymore...but they're not even in Kansas. I likes.
                  - The Takezo and Hiro falling out--freakin' epic stuff there!
                  And how about the promo for next week

Also, does anyone else have a bad feeling that Adam = the Nightmare Man?
                  Last edited by alaskannut; 30 October 2007, 01:17 AM.
                  sigpic
                  Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                  "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by Phenix View Post
                    O and I despise the Claire West story. If I'm not mistaken the entire team had plastic cups so it looked like they were all drinking. I hope the writers do not want me to believe that the head cheerleader drank 750 ml bottle of liquor and remained coherent. Also Claire's fall from the sky would have caused her blood to splatter on the seats. This entire scenario was ridiculous.
                    It may have been ridiculous but not too far fetched. We saw none of the other cheerleaders actually drink form their cup. Debbie may have poured but it didn't look like they were drinking much. We also don't know what she was drinking and how much of it she drank. The two or three swigs she took on screen aren't exactly going to make her pass out right then. Also, Claire was wearing a full track suit, probably because she knew she'd be bleeding. She wasn't dropped on her head so there shouldn't be much, if any evidence to clean up.

That being said, there was a bit more progression this episode which was really nice. West seems to think his power makes him better than lesser humans....so I can continue to hate him comfortably.
                    Maya should have been eaten by a coyote in the desert...naive dimwit.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Nice episode, Could have done without the West/Claire storyline. A person falls from that height get's their chest pierced by their ribs and there is no blood splatter

A general evacuation of NYC, interesting, I guessing it was one they experimented on, and it jumped into the general population.

A virus that inhibits powers, Looks like Syler was patient 0 which is why he lost his powers.

Comment

I liked this episode very much! All story lines were good, especially the kensei/hiro parts.

Nikki looked like she has been brainwashed though...

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                          Who's Joe?
                          lol sorry, I meant Bob.
                          Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                          Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                          Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                          --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
                            It may have been ridiculous but not too far fetched. We saw none of the other cheerleaders actually drink form their cup. Debbie may have poured but it didn't look like they were drinking much. We also don't know what she was drinking and how much of it she drank. The two or three swigs she took on screen aren't exactly going to make her pass out right then. Also, Claire was wearing a full track suit, probably because she knew she'd be bleeding. She wasn't dropped on her head so there shouldn't be much, if any evidence to clean up.

That being said, there was a bit more progression this episode which was really nice. West seems to think his power makes him better than lesser humans....so I can continue to hate him comfortably.
                            Maya should have been eaten by a coyote in the desert...naive dimwit.
                            Claire has gone from a character I like to a character I completely loathe. Her entire teen angst nonsense is just plain ridiculous. The revenge plot versus the head cheerleader was completely over the top. I assume Claire had no idea that the cheerleaders were drinking or at least having drinks poured for them. I understand your approach to the drinking in the scene but I personally do not buy into it.

So about the drinking. The director felt the need to reveal a 750 mL bottle of some sort of liquor. I assume its some sort of 80 proof liquor. The 750 mL bottle contained ~20 shots. Revealing the bottle while showing a drunk cheerleading captain tells me that she has either drank all the liquor or the team has helped her consume some of it. Since it is on school grounds and they are underage the police would have any right to breathalyze the lot. Of course they could have just smelled the other cheerleaders drinks to put two and two together.

I also never mentioned the hazing aspect of the scene.

Overall the scene demonstrates Heroes' inherent weakness as a television show. Heroes relies on a story board to tell the tale instead of developing a plot based on dialog and exposition.

Imagine if you are new to Heroes. You sit to watch the show and now that you are 6 episodes in the plot has finally started to thicken.

Comment

Not a bad episode. At least we had some pretty momentous things happen.

The whole HRG in the Ukraine was the best part. He's still brutal to say the least and I'll admit that I was shocked when he shot that guy.

Kensai betraying Hiro and the girl(forget her name) creates a whole set of problems for Hiro.

I'm glad that Mohinder took a stand re the virus and Monica. Won't he have lots of fun with Niki/Jessica(more Jessica going by her attitude).

Loved when Sylar told Alejandro all about his evil plans. Whatcha gonna do now, Alejandro?

I agree with you all that the whole Claire/West/cheerleader story was stupid. West needs to fly into a brick wall.

Who is this Adam guy that Bob is concerned about and who left a note for Peter in Montreal?

So instead of New York blowing up, this season we have New York decimated by the virus.

Comment

Working...
                              X