John Sheppard/Ronon Dex Friendship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Sheppard/Ronon Dex Friendship Thread

John and Ronon are two of the best things about Stargate Atlantis, and I for one love the strong friendship they've developed over the past two seasons. I'm hoping for a continuation of it in season four, and from what I've seen so far it looks as though indications are good!

sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Here are some of my fave John/Ronon pictures (under the cut for size):
    Spoiler:

The Ark

The Long Goodbye

Sunday

My favourite Atlantis scene ever... I laugh just thinking about it...

Also Sunday

Submersion

Duet

Sateda

The Return 1

Conversion

And a motivational poster I made from the first pic...
    Spoiler:

Probably enough for now!
    sigpic

Comment

Hey Ruby! Great idea for a thread....

The Shep/Ronon interaction is always fun and interesting. I especially enjoyed last season when Ronon stands up to Sheppard in Vengeance and hope we see more of those conflicting moments between the good friends this season.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
        Hey Ruby! Great idea for a thread....

The Shep/Ronon interaction is always fun and interesting. I especially enjoyed last season when Ronon stands up to Sheppard in Vengeance and hope we see more of those conflicting moments between the good friends this season.
        Yeah, I loved that bit! It was great to see Ronon standing up to him, though I also love how trusting he is of John's command.

There's a moment in series two, in Condemned, which is the first episode that has Ronon as a member of the team, that I always found quite interesting.

Here's the transcript:

" SHEPPARD: I do say so, and right now I'm saying knock it off.

DEX: Is that an order, Sheppard?

SHEPPARD (laughing ruefully): I am beat up, tied up, and couldn't order a pizza right now if I wanted to. But if you need it to be, yeah -- it's an order.

DEX: ... OK. "

I kind of get the feeling that up until then Ronon wasn't sure what to think of John, and whether he should do what he said. Like he was waiting for him to stop being the jovial nice guy and start acting like the kind of leader Ronon was used to. The rest, as they say, is history...
        sigpic

Comment

Hi Ruby! What a great idea for a thread. I love your motivational piccie

Great caps too.

I really like Shep's and Ronon's friendship. It's a really great part of the show, I think.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
            Hi Ruby! What a great idea for a thread. I love your motivational piccie

Great caps too.

I really like Shep's and Ronon's friendship. It's a really great part of the show, I think.
            Thanks Linzi!

So... anyone seen Reunion? I really loved the episode and thought it had great team interaction between all the members of the team - but of course I would have liked to see a little more of John's reaction to
            Spoiler:
            Ronon almost leaving. The scene in the mess hall was great, and there were some killer expressions from the Facial Expression King, Mr Flanigan. I'll post them here when I get my hands on them.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
              Thanks Linzi!

So... anyone seen Reunion? I really loved the episode and thought it had great team interaction between all the members of the team - but of course I would have liked to see a little more of John's reaction to
              Spoiler:
              Ronon almost leaving. The scene in the mess hall was great, and there were some killer expressions from the Facial Expression King, Mr Flanigan. I'll post them here when I get my hands on them.
              Yes it was such a great ep.
              Spoiler:
              Ronons comment about Shep and his team being his friends at the end to Carter was great. A real team moment, I thought.

I'm also looking forward to Ronon's reaction to
              Spoiler:
              Earth when he goes with Shep in Outcast, I think its really great Ronon goes with him to his fathers funeral. Ronon probably understands grief more than anybody.

Comment

Great thread and great pics everyone!

I love these two together - they have such a genuine friendship that makes me feel all squishie inside - although the don't seem to get paired off too much together (in favour of Shep / McKay)... such a shame!
                I curse the sun so I can howl at the moon...

I want to live, I want to experience the universe and I want to eat pie.
                Deviant Art Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Gatebunny View Post

I love these two together - they have such a genuine friendship that makes me feel all squishie inside - although the don't seem to get paired off too much together (in favour of Shep / McKay)... such a shame!
                  Thanks Gatebunny.
                  Yeah, but the moments when the do get to hang out is awesome.
                  I laughed when I saw DG:
                  Spoiler:
                  The part in the infirmary. Typical boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatebunny View Post

Thanks Gatebunny and i agree - the two of them are just great together! It makes me laugh and go aww every time I see them on screen. The writers really developed the friendship well in series three, and indications are great it will continue in series four!

Shep/McKay do get more airtime, but that's ok coz I love McKay too... I love all my boys! But when I feel cheated I just think of Sunday (see Sci's post above!) and I feel a warm glow inside... :LOL: Funniest scene EVER...

Sci thanks for the gifts - I loves them!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Great thread Ruby!!!

I think John is the only person in Atlantis that really gets Ronon, and it's working more and more the other way too. Sunday really showed how well they understand and appreciate each other. Very cool
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                        Great thread Ruby!!!

I think John is the only person in Atlantis that really gets Ronon, and it's working more and more the other way too. Sunday really showed how well they understand and appreciate each other. Very cool
                        Absolutely! I thought it was very cute that every single member of the main cast got their own segment in Sunday, but John and Ronon just shared one. It really showed how far their friendship has progressed.

We haven't had that many funny moments like that in series four yet, with the exception of in DG
                        Spoiler:
                        when they have their little trip to the infirmary... lucky shot - WHATever. the looks they were giving each other were priceless!

I can't wait for Midway and Outcast - especially the last one; I think it's very telling that Ronon
                        Spoiler:
                        goes back to Earth with Shep. Yay for more friendship moments... also we get to see both of them in a suit, and that ain't no bad thing...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                          Great thread Ruby!!!

I agree.
                          Spoiler:
                          I also loved the scene in Reunion when John "wasn't going to say anything" about him leaving Atlantis. I think John knew if he pushed him, he only would have left quicker. IMO.

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
                          Absolutely! I thought it was very cute that every single member of the main cast got their own segment in Sunday, but John and Ronon just shared one. It really showed how far their friendship has progressed.

We haven't had that many funny moments like that in series four yet, with the exception of in DG
                          Spoiler:
                          when they have their little trip to the infirmary... lucky shot - WHATever. the looks they were giving each other were priceless!

I can't wait for Midway and Outcast - especially the last one; I think it's very telling that Ronon
                          Spoiler:
                          goes back to Earth with Shep. Yay for more friendship moments... also we get to see both of them in a suit, and that ain't no bad thing...
                          LOL.
                          The Infirmary scene was great!!
                          Spoiler:
                          I can't wait to see Midway and Outcast too. John in a suit and Ronon in jeans. Drool and Thunk.

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar
                            YAY! I just watched TR:
                            Spoiler:

We're friends. The things we've been through together – I don't care what anyone says, no disease can wipe that away, not completely.

Damn right!! I was so happy! I loved Ronon in this episode - he was so smart and cool and calm. And when he
                            Spoiler:
                            shot John I laughed for like five minutes. It was just brilliant. "It never gets old"... LOL!!!

I think series five is going to be GREAT for John and Ronon's friendship!
                            ROFL!!!

I know it was so funny.
                            Spoiler:
                            Besides TR and Conversion, was there any other time he had to shoot John?

I can't wait to see them in Outcast together.

Comment

Some of the times that Ronon had to shoot John, off the top of my head, are "The Runner" where he shoots him twice, I think, "Conversion" (twice), and "Irresistible" (once). He also shot AT him several times, in that season three episode where they all go to the planet with the Wraith device that makes them hallucinate.

He's totally right though, it never gets old

Comment

Working...
                              X