Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would disagree. Atlantis Sam is definatly different then SG1 Sam. At the same time she is suppose to be. She is not the astrophysict of the team anymore. She is the command leader. Sure she could do the science stuff that Rodney does but she has bigger administration responsibilities when McKay is more than capable of doing the science stuff. I was most interested in the Sam stuff in watching her adjust to life as a leader and dealing with the command stuff she sometimes put Hammond and Landry through. It was an interesting transition. I on the other hand was not interested in the Ronon story. I have seen the story of the alien want to leave Earth so many times with Teal'c it was boring. But once captured on the Wraith ship I thought it got better. Not only seeing the Satedians betray Ronon but see the Wraith's respons to reprogramming the Asurans. The anger they feel is quite humorous. But what got more then anything was see Ronon's face when his friends when they became traitors. It was a sight to see his fury when he battled them. Makes me really hate The Broken Ties as it kind of cheapens this episode
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

My LiveJournal post
      Not a very happy reunion in the end. Poor Ronon.
      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

So I've nearly finished this episode, just at the bit near the end where Teyla gives him back his painting and it got me thinking, where did Ronan get that painting from. I mean he was on the run from the Wraith from his homeworld, and unless he returned after he'd had that chip removed and wasn't on the run from the Wraith, I'm thinking it probably didn't come from there, so I wonder where it came from, do you think someone gave it to him or maybe painted it for him or something.

I quite liked this episode, not my favorite granted, that goes to Dopleganger, but I do like Sam in it and I love Sam as leader of Atlantis, I wish she could've stayed on throughout S5. I think the episode would have been better with Lorne in it HAHA, just because I love seeing Lorne. But yeah, I didn't mind this episode too much, liked the bit with Sam and Rodney in her quarters and the awkwardness of it.
        sigpic
        McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
        Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
        ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

I believe it is mentioned that Lorne painted it for him.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Would make sense, since we did see Lorne painting in "sunday".

Comment

Sam is a better leader than McKay, no doubt, but is she really better than Weir? I guess I still miss Torri a lot.

It was good to see Teal'c (and Sam), but this ep was average.
              Didn't like Ronon in this ep.

How did McKay get into that wraith-hibernation thingy? We saw earlier, how tough they were to break ... Well maybe it's easier from the outside? It just didn't seem to fit...

Looking forward to the next ep. 'cos it will probably be Ronan-free

Comment

I liked this episode. Think the best part for me was the one on three fight between Ronin and his people. The idea of the wraith fighting the replicators was a good one. I like Sam as a character but would have rather seen someone from SGA put in charge of things. I would have liked seeing Sam in command of SG1 back on that show.

Comment

Whom else would you have liked in charge?

Comment

Shep or Mckay and moving Lorn to a regular.

Comment

Originally posted by Cluas View Post
                      Sam is a better leader than McKay, no doubt, but is she really better than Weir? I guess I still miss Torri a lot.
                      I agree.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X