Gideon's Weird Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gideon's Weird Box

Did we ever find out what was in that thing?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

It's called the Apocolypse Box, and aside from the fact that it gives Gideon "hints" as to where he should look for a cure to the plague (and it sometimes lies) we really don't know a whole lot about it.
    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
      It's called the Apocolypse Box, and aside from the fact that it gives Gideon "hints" as to where he should look for a cure to the plague (and it sometimes lies) we really don't know a whole lot about it.
      It was a pretty weak story line IMO. JMS def did not work his magic while writing Crusade. I'm going to finish the 13 episodes but I hate myself for doing it.

Comment

plus that box it the revised order of crusade eps that plot line works out a tad better (but not that much better)

Comment

It wasn't really JMS' fault Phen, he was under a lot of pressure and contstraints and TPTB were trying to stick their hands in all the storylines-even to the point of rearranging the propper order.

Comment

From what i have read over the years is that the box is old like older than humans. And when Gideon gets the Ace of shades from the box is a sigh that Gideon will die. Because unknown to be Ace of shades is the Death Card.

Any in the unproduced season 1 cliffhanger which i can honestly say I have only read from a translated German site at the very end of the Ep you see Gideon about to taken down by the snipper.

When season 2 started we were going to see Gideon get shot and die. But some how using the Box they were going to bring him back to life.

Its all kinda fuzzy and i don't remember where i read all this but the season 1 cliffhanger is call "End of the Line" written by JMS Would have been a great show if they would given it a chance
            "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Yeah I heard about that too. Gideon was supposed to be shot and killed at the end of season one, but then his consciousness was supposed to be transferred to the Apocalypse Box. After that, I think the series was supposed to be centered more around Galen. I don't have a source for all this information, but I remember reading about it somewhere.

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
              Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
              Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.

Comment

I think there a certan degree of truth to this. If you look at Gary Cole, he not the kind of actor that seem to stay with projects very long I think JMS and Doug Netter were glad to have him but wanted to make sure that if he up and left they had options. Honest I think the biggest issue to Crusade ever being finished is that I don't think Gary Cole would ever come back and reprise his role as Gideon.

All that said I do think they would have found some way to have Gideon around utill they cured the plague in the middle of the second season

If you can read German the Three unproduced scripts are here
                http://www.goldkanal.de/html/crusade_season1/index.html

If you can't read German you might want to consider waiting for the script books with the crusade scripts, I know JMS Takes a lot of pride in both "TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH" & "End of the Line"
                "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

They were available for a short time but pulled because of illegal distribution unfrotunately. Hopefully they'll be released again.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Marshal View Post

All that said I do think they would have found some way to have Gideon around utill they cured the plague in the middle of the second season
                    I always wondered about the plague cure... It was clear that it was eventually cured, but I'm surprised they were going to get the cure in the second season. I thought the whole premise of the show was to find the cure. I wonder what the plan was for after that.

Either way, I just wish we would get a move that shows the cure being found and implemented.

Comment

well after the plague was cured the Excalibur was going to become a rogue ship trying to uncover those on earth that were working on the shadow tech that destroyed the Cerberus, there was also suppose to be a storyline where Dureena would become a dark Technomage and thus become estranged from Galan and the others

Also for Dureena was a 4 part sword saga that never got written for the later part of the first season. That was going to climax with her being called to account by the thieves guild.

This show would have been so good if given a chance and this is why i still have faith is Babylon 5

a small aside if you want some good info about crusade and the technomage book I direct you here
                      http://www.isnnews.net/forums/forumd....php?forumid=2
                      what makes these post so good at least the book ones are they are current from the time and Jeanne Cavelos post about her thought and how she came up with her ideas

Comment

Originally posted by upinout View Post
                        Either way, I just wish we would get a move that shows the cure being found and implemented.
                        That could be the making of a decent Lost Tale. It might be difficult to get Gary Cole, Daniel Dae Kim and the others back to reprise their roles, but I would love to see that story realised nonetheless.
                        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

also would require them to pay more than 3 people and a hand full of extras =)

Comment

Yeah, something about the plague or Crusade in general would opt for something much bigger than a Lost Tale. Either a series revival (highly unlikely) or some kind of a mini-series or something, but that isn't likely or very possible either, would cost way too much unfortunately.

Though it would be nice to see a series of novels or something to finish off the series.

Comment

Well with the writers strike now on unless JMS has a script written and put away just waiting for a rainy day we aren't going to see any lost tales for some time.

Comment

Working...
                              X