Atlantis' damages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis' damages?

How will the damage to Atlantis be repaired?

Will the structural design remain the same and be built of the same materials?

Can extra parts be created with the Asgard replicator, like power crystals (for the severed conduits) and drones (will eventually run low)? And will they be compatible with the Ancient tech?
    sigpic

Originally posted by Ehecatl View Post
    How will the damage to Atlantis be repaired?

Will the structural design remain the same and be built of the same materials?

Can extra parts be created with the Asgard replicator, like power crystals (for the severed conduits) and drones (will eventually run low)? And will they be compatible with the Ancient tech?
    It will be tough without Ancients or Asurans to help us. We'd have to use Earth based materials and we couldn't replicate Ancient power crystals, ZPMS or drones for two reasons. One it'd be a cheap fix and a bad move and two the designs are very complex and likely couldnt be replicated.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The Asurans will probably invade again somehow (I have a feeling this storyline will be used again) and it wil be fixed again. The Asurans seemed to have been introduced to keep Atlantis with a steady supply of ZPM's, drones, jumpers and repair jobs, has anyone else noticed that?

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
        The Asurans will probably invade again somehow (I have a feeling this storyline will be used again) and it wil be fixed again. The Asurans seemed to have been introduced to keep Atlantis with a steady supply of ZPM's, drones, jumpers and repair jobs, has anyone else noticed that?

Vala,
        Most of Atlantis's drones and jumpers came not from the Asurans, but from the sister city. The repairs were not done by the Asurans (except the damage that was caused during the occupation by the Asurans) but by the Ancients in the brief time they held Atlantis before they got butchered, and those areas were incomplete. Only certain sections were restored after the shield decided to sacrifice itself to preserve certain portions of the city.
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Maybe it has an AutoRepair?

I would say we should keep are eyes open and try an spot that cut in half building Zelanka and Sheppard where on. If its not there its safe to say the building was auto repaired
          sigpic
          Banner Made By Me for Me
          The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Or mckay reprograms the naties to repair the city using raw materials much in the same way the assurans did it
            And when they are done he orders them into a containment bottle and then deactivates them

To me is seems the most logical thing to do since he now can reprogram the little buggers

Comment

Originally posted by Xeon_1 View Post
              Or mckay reprograms the naties to repair the city using raw materials much in the same way the assurans did it
              And when they are done he orders them into a containment bottle and then deactivates them

To me is seems the most logical thing to do since he now can reprogram the little buggers
              It's logical, but sorta dangerous and a convenient 'out' for any damage to the city. After what happened with Elizabeth, I don't think anybody is going to sign on the dotted line for that kind of repair.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                After what happened with Elizabeth, I don't think anybody is going to sign on the dotted line for that kind of repair.
                I agree. Shep and most likely Carter too would never approve to use the nanites to repair the city. even if Rodney assures them that nothing would go wrong
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I doubt they will fix anything beyond the damage done to the tower. Damage done to the piers does not effect them much and they've been unable to completely fix damage before - From Return Part I:

NEXT MORNING. 0800. In the Control Room, Rodney is talking with Helia.

McKAY: Grounding station on the south pier’s a bit twitchy -- got shot up. It wasn’t our fault. You need to look at that.

HELIA: I’m sure we’ll find our way, Doctor.
                  It was shot about two years prior to this conversation and was far more important than anything the asteriods damaged. Anyway, as far as the crystals go, there are plenty of places they can harvest them from (they've been doing as much for years). They can take some from unused parts of the city, get some from Atlantis' city ship, (which no longer needs any of them) etc. And although they got a bunch of drones from The Tower they completely restocked Atlantis' supply in 'Inferno.' So they're good for awhile now that the city's location is unknown to its enemies. But it's only a matter of time before they find another Ancient world (they found two in season 2) or a ship that they can harvest supplies from. It's going to be a long time before they can replicate Ancient technology and don't need to run around the galaxy trying to scavange whatever they come upon.

CALDWELL: Well, at least we've got the Orion now, and the city's supply of drones has been replenished.

SHEPPARD: It's enough to put up a hell of a fight.

McKAY: Let's not fool ourselves. If they come in full force -- and there is no reason to believe that they won't this time -- then, I'm sorry, but ...

WEIR: ... it's not gonna be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                    Most of Atlantis's drones and jumpers came not from the Asurans, but from the sister city. The repairs were not done by the Asurans (except the damage that was caused during the occupation by the Asurans) but by the Ancients in the brief time they held Atlantis before they got butchered, and those areas were incomplete. Only certain sections were restored after the shield decided to sacrifice itself to preserve certain portions of the city.
                    I would agree except for the fact that the jumper bay was destroyed as well when Sheppard blew up the control room in "The Return, pt. 2" In the next episode, the jumper bay looks different implying that it was destroyed and rebuilt by the Asurans. And I'm sure that the Asurans, when dismantling their ship put their drones into Atlantis as well. I doubt a severely ravaged city like in "The Tower" had a full compliment of drones left.

Vala,

Comment

Plus with all the times the lord protector used drones, it must have done some depletion of the stockpiles.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Plus with all the times the lord protector used drones, it must have done some depletion of the stockpiles.
                        Well as it was said previously in the thread, they only got some drones from the other city ship. But they refilled Atlantis with the drones from Orion before it was destroyed (Caldwell says as much in the quote that was taken). So, they don't have a drone problem right now.

Also, Vala_M mentioned the jumpers being destroyed, but I fail to see why the Asurans would waste precious supplies completely rebuilding jumpers when they could've just put some in the city when they got home. Plus it's a bit silly for the Asurans to build jumpers that only work for those with the Ancient gene instead of building jumpers designed specifically for Asurans to interface with. Overall, if you watch the actual explosion it is pretty contained and does not appear to effect the jumper bay which is well shielded - If you look at the part that opens up when a jumper is brought down to the level of the gate, the metal there is quite thick. If the explosion got past that (which I highly doubt) for it then to destroy all of the jumpers is a bit much. They can take a lot on their own and the explosion really was very contained - It just looked bigger because flames came shooting out of the window and licked the upper parts of the tower.
                        Last edited by Xaeden; 13 October 2007, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post

Vala,
                          Yep: the Asurans are very handy for solving these kinds of problems.

I truly hope we'll not get into the habit of stealing ZPM's from the
                          Asurans. Instead, i'd be more than happy with finding in the famous
                          Ancients' database an article "Building your own ZPM - for dummies".
                          In order to avoid making building a ZPM too easy , the writers could
                          find tons of hardships :
                          - charging a ZPM could take 10 months (which means only one
                          new ZPM every SGA season)
                          - building one would require some rare element
                          - building one would require some expensive elements
                          - etc.

Comment

Or my thought. The ancients made it by linking themselves with the device, kind of how that Sentinal warding unit from SG1 worked, where you had to have a human literally sacrificed into the device..

Comment

Surely they can at least repair the structural integrity of the city.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X