No announcement yet.

Does Atlantis have a new gate address?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just hope that they will show the new address for Atlantis onscreen, I hate when they don't give out planet addresses.

Vala,

Comment

It seems to me, giving what Rodney knew about M35-117, that it may have had a spacegate.
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

And that gate may have been used to build the Gatebridge, leaving it perfect for Atlantis to relocate there and set up her own gate to replace the one they took!

Genius!

Comment

I think the point of origin will have referred to Atlantis' gate itself. The other cheverons will change but that one will stay the same. Besides didn't SG-1 use a gate from Pegasus in the Pegasus Project in order to connect with the super gate and that one worked just fine, even with the change of location.
          It seems the point of origin changing is a Stargate mistake because you're right, Daniel did say that it did change when the gate left it's location and now it doesn't.
          Thanks to Spacemonkey Jackson for the signature!

Comment

They know enough about how the stargate works that they could change the coordinates but keep the same PoO. Even keep the same address, the whole thing with the points in space and constellations has pretty much gone down the drain, since the same symbols are used on the Pegasus gates and the Milkway gates. IMHO.

: Green is Good.
            sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

No, they're not the same symbols in the 2 galaxies.

Comment

Everyone has answered, what I was going to say was:

Since they are in a new section of space the constilations are all different, thus there are new symbols, and a point of origin.

Comment

Originally posted by shrap View Post
                  Now that Atlantis has moved planets does this mean they have a new gate address or just that there point of origin has changed when they dial out?
                  They better have a new address because the replicators will get it from Dr. Weir's mind.
                  - The Truth is Out There!

Comment

Working...
                  X