This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saddest episodes for me would have to be -

"Learning Curve", "Forever in a Day", "Divide and Conquer" (Martouf), "Between Two Fires" (the Tollan), "Meridian" (Daniel), "Heroes, Part 2" (Janet), "Threads" (Jacob), "Ethon" (Prometheus and Pendergast), "The Quest, Part 2" (Daniel at the end), and "Unending".
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

For me the saddest SG1 episodes were: "Heroes", "Meridian", "The Changelling"

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
        I agree. though I still like TRW as a Atlantis episode. but having had O'Neill in Unending would've been so much fun and just felt right (at least to me)

anyway sad episodes that come to mind are obviously Heroes, Meridian and Unending. and though it's not a sad episode I was kinda sad after the season 8 finale since I already knew RDA would leave the show.
        I sooo totally agree. Unending would have been soooooooo much better with Jack. What would have made it even sadder is, Jack having to say goodbye to Thor, as that Thor was practically family to Jack. The other sad part would be that while being stuck in the time dilation field, you KNOW that Sam and Jack would have gotten together, no way it would not have happened, and then for it all to be erased when time was reset, and Teal'c not being able to say anything about it to them. Now that would be sad, just the way it was sad that Vala and Daniel had made so much progress together, to have it all washed away like that, though not as sad as a Jack/Sam erasure.
        Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
        Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post
          I sooo totally agree. Unending would have been soooooooo much better with Jack. What would have made it even sadder is, Jack having to say goodbye to Thor, as that Thor was practically family to Jack. The other sad part would be that while being stuck in the time dilation field, you KNOW that Sam and Jack would have gotten together, no way it would not have happened, and then for it all to be erased when time was reset, and Teal'c not being able to say anything about it to them. Now that would be sad, just the way it was sad that Vala and Daniel had made so much progress together, to have it all washed away like that, though not as sad as a Jack/Sam erasure.
          Your completely right...I never thought of it that way. I was so upset that Jack wasn't in Unending...but then if he was, to have all of Sam/Jack's progression erased would have been torture after ten years of waiting. So in a way I'm glad he wasn't on the ship with them but I felt so bad for Sam being all alone in her lab (as D/V were a thing, Landry was plant obsessed, Cam went mad and Teal'c kept to himself - not exactly a great team ep, IMO) and for how he missed out seeing Thor for the last time...but as someone said they might've had one last fishing trip.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Unending was really sad. Remember when Vala was crying in Daniels arms, I think that the reason for that was because she had a baby and lost it, of course I got this from my mother, who also watches the show. And Michell freaking out, that really added to the story. The Asguard dying was really a sad moment. It was a good episode, but the only thing I have a problem with is that the characters looked way too old, exept for Teal'c, for some reason Jaffa age gracefully.
            sigpic

I always liked Stargate, but then I REALLY liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ionis Furry View Post
              Unending was really sad. Remember when Vala was crying in Daniels arms, I think that the reason for that was because she had a baby and lost it, of course I got this from my mother, who also watches the show.
              They also say this on the DVD audio commentary.
              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post
                That is a great thought, but isn't jack as old or older than landry? So since landry died of old age, would not have jack also died?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  That is a great thought, but isn't jack as old or older than landry? So since landry died of old age, would not have jack also died?
                  that would've been even sadder. poor Carter!
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                    that would've been even sadder. poor Carter!
                    It would have been really sad either way. It was sad with Landry, and it would have been the same with Jack.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      It would have been really sad either way. It was sad with Landry, and it would have been the same with Jack.
                      right. but what I meant was what Freekzilla said. if Jack would've been there with SG-1 he'd have said goodbye to his buddy Thor, then in the time dilation field probably gotten together with Sam and in the end only Teal'c would remember any of that. and since he's about the same age as Landry he may have died too. that's why I meant poor Sam
                      sigpic

Comment

I thought Landry was about Hammond's age, whose at least 10 years older than Jack. I just figured it took Landry a little longer to climb up the ranks, which I wouldn't be too surprised about...he didn't exactly do a great job commanding the SGC like Hammond, Jack or Weir did.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

By looks i place the age order Hammond - jack - Landry..

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                            I thought Landry was about Hammond's age, whose at least 10 years older than Jack.
                            IIRC BB is about 10 years older than RDA so your guess could be pretty good
                            sigpic

Comment

I seriously suspect that if they could, TPTB would've brought RDA back for 'Unending' but they couldn't since they were already in the process of filming the final 3 episodes when SG-1 got the axe, and RDA had already fulfilled his quota of appearing in 5 episodes. On such short notice, it'd have been impossible for them to have convinced RDA to appear one last time and draw up all the necessary paper work and such, considering their tight deadlines.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares View Post
                                I seriously suspect that if they could, TPTB would've brought RDA back for 'Unending' but they couldn't since they were already in the process of filming the final 3 episodes when SG-1 got the axe, and RDA had already fulfilled his quota of appearing in 5 episodes. On such short notice, it'd have been impossible for them to have convinced RDA to appear one last time and draw up all the necessary paper work and such, considering their tight deadlines.
                                still would've been great!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X