Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oberoth... why are there large human form replicators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oberoth... why are there large human form replicators?

I don't know if it's been asked before... but I was just wondering. I guess the bad guy in charge has to stand out in some way. They didn't use the 'evil mustache' but went with a [mod snip] instead?
    Last edited by Darren; 10 October 2007, 10:24 AM.

Too many nanite cookies with transfat?

Comment

I wondered that myself. If they can create themselves, why don't we have a seas of Brad Pitts, or Joe Flanigans? Unless they're not vain like us humans, and just copied faces/images from an Ancient database??

Comment

Because they emulate Ancients who were not perfect.

Comment

A whole race of Brad Pitts...

Why does this conversation remind me in some way of that scene in John Malkovich when John Malkovich goes into John Malkovich?
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

whats wrong with being fat?
            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
            Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Oberoth has a secret RP fantasy.

Spoiler:
              he wants to be Santa
              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                whats wrong with being fat?
                Unhealthy, impractical.

Comment

Wouldn't excess weight on an Asuran be an impractical use of nanites?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                    Wouldn't excess weight on an Asuran be an impractical use of nanites?
                    Not unless he could use the extra ones to repair minimal structural damage to a ship.

I think the person who said they're emulating the Ancients is probably right.
                    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Hmm. Season 3, Ep. 5

Originally posted by SGA S03E05 Niam
                      . . . We have achieved much since our second birth. We have evolved to take the form of our creators . . .
                      So, it would be safe to ascertain that they have taken the forms of ancients in a database. ^^

Five Stages Of Grief:
                      1. Denial 2. Anger. 3. Bargaining 4. Depression. 5. Acceptance.
                      RIP SG1 & SGA.
                      .::My Myspace | My DeviantArt Gallery::.

"If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago."

If you're in need of a sig/tag drop me a PM. I'd be more than happy to make ya one. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0 View Post
                        Because they emulate Ancients who were not perfect.
                        Oberoth= Moros/Merlin + FAT
                        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

replicators are believers in equal opportunity body type emulation and distribution

Comment

Originally posted by Mana View Post
                            Hmm. Season 3, Ep. 5
                            So, it would be safe to ascertain that they have taken the forms of ancients in a database. ^^
                            Actually, on this note... if they are taking forms of actual Ancients in a database, do they take anything more than just how they look? How about personalities or memories? Like someone else mentioned that Oberoth is like Merlin + fat... but would there possibly be an Asuran Merlin running around too? That wouldn't be good!

Comment

I doubt the physical appearance of a human body affects a replicator in the slightest...

Comment

Working...
                              X