X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow apollo

dont know if this right place to post, but

wow! apollo kicked that replicator/asuran ship's ass big time

u think now we can kick those damn wraiths ass? maybe not a hive, but there other ships

u think now we can kick those damn wraiths ass? maybe not a hive, but there other ships

Comment

erm we didn't exactly kick their ass.

the apollo just covered the jumper while it entered it's bay and then jumped out. the deadalus has done the same thing several times against wraith ships.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

still tho, the apolla our best ship yet, im sure we can give as good as the wraith/asurans can give

Comment

The Odyssey is their best ship and no the Apollo cannot give as good as an Asuran ship can. The Asurans use technology from the most technologically advanced species known in this part of the Universe. Meanwhile, rail guns (based off of modern day technology) and naqudah enchanced missles are no match for their shields. They wouldn't even be a match for the shields of another Earth ship. We're just lucky that ship used energy weapons instead of drones. Even if Asgard shields can prevent drones from going through their shields, drones are always fired in a huge swarm so they would impact against the Apollo's shields at the same time and take out their shield in the blink of an eye. Their use of energy weapons instead just gave the Apollo a believable chance to take some damage before having to run, but no doubt they would still lose in a prolonged battle.

Anyway, yes, an Earth ship can handle a Cruiser. Their missles would also make quick work of a Hive but for the fact that their Darts intercept the missles miles before they hit the Hive. Therefore, they have to rely on their rail guns which aren't largely effective against a ship of that size.

Comment

Originally posted by nova View Post
            dont know if this right place to post, but

Did we watch a different episode?

The Apollo stood up surprisingly well to the Asuran ship's weapons but didn't kick its ass by any means. I'm pretty sure they would've got blown up if they hadn't high-tailed it outta there.

And we've been able to destroy Darts and Cruisers since S2. See 'The Siege 3' and 'Aurora'

Comment

I think the assuran ship was actually firing drones, however not big swarms of them, not sure why. Might have something to do with the fact that it takes huge amounts of power (03x01) so it might result in a shield collapse. For example a puddle jumper can only fire 4 drones at a time. Still, its quite bizar.

Also the improvements rodney made to the shields of for example the Daedalus might be paying off.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicktem View Post
                The Odyssey is their best ship and no the Apollo cannot give as good as an Asuran ship can. The Asurans use technology from the most technologically advanced species known in this part of the Universe. Meanwhile, rail guns (based off of modern day technology) and naqudah enchanced missles are no match for their shields. They wouldn't even be a match for the shields of another Earth ship. We're just lucky that ship used energy weapons instead of drones. Even if Asgard shields can prevent drones from going through their shields, drones are always fired in a huge swarm so they would impact against the Apollo's shields at the same time and take out their shield in the blink of an eye. Their use of energy weapons instead just gave the Apollo a believable chance to take some damage before having to run, but no doubt they would still lose in a prolonged battle.

Anyway, yes, an Earth ship can handle a Cruiser. Their missles would also make quick work of a Hive but for the fact that their Darts intercept the missles miles before they hit the Hive. Therefore, they have to rely on their rail guns which aren't largely effective against a ship of that size.
                Or any size, for that matter...except darts...
                Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
                Check out my Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by nova View Post

Not at all : the damage took by Asuran ship was negligeable .

Comment

The apolla tickled the shields but thats about it. I think it will be the Daedalus will be the first to have the new upgrades from the Asgard in the Pegasus galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      erm we didn't exactly kick their ass.

the apollo just covered the jumper while it entered it's bay and then jumped out. the deadalus has done the same thing several times against wraith ships.
                      exacly...it was just covering ...we have yet to see the apollo do anything wonderful in terms of battle

Comment

even then it's the same as all the othe x-304's anyway i'm sure so it wouldn't do much difference.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Varrok View Post
                          I think the assuran ship was actually firing drones, however not big swarms of them, not sure why.

as they fly away 2 rounds from the replicators fly right past the apollo but drones normally follow their target. they look like them thou

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Varrok View Post
                            I think the assuran ship was actually firing drones, however not big swarms of them, not sure why. Might have something to do with the fact that it takes huge amounts of power (03x01) so it might result in a shield collapse. For example a puddle jumper can only fire 4 drones at a time. Still, its quite bizar.

Also the improvements rodney made to the shields of for example the Daedalus might be paying off.
                            I doubt it on both counts. The Asuran ship was perfectly capable of firing drones. If they had them, the didn't fire them because they wanted to find Atlantis's location. Also, I don't think Mckay's upgrades would be that effective against an Asuran ship.
                            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
                            X