Sam Carter/John Sheppard Ship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
    LOL i've read some hilarious John/Vala stories that were brilliant! One involved a Tiger Alien or something it was spleen hurtingly hilarious. My personal hierarchy is something like this.

Women i could see with John
    John/Sam (obviously )
    John/Nancy (though it'd have to be a very specific circumstance. I do like their dynamic though as it had much more 'yeah, we know each other' to it IMO.)
    John/Teyla (Again, fanfic circumstances )
    John/Weir (Oddly enough, i did see great potential there but not as 'firey' as others. There's a great fanfic out there "If only my mother could see me now" that does them justice IMO and is gut bustingly funny at times.)
    John/Larrin (Again, Fanfic circumstances, but whoo boy, talk about chemistry!)

Most other women i just don't see John being able to have anything committed, maybe just a fling but meh. Vala would be one hell of a fling though!

and Sam... ahh delightful Sam. I can see her with just about anyone but Jack. My faves apart from Sheppard are Malcolm Barrett, Martouf, and oddly enough, Teal'c. Yes i'm a closet Sam/Teal'c shipper

I'd say her best chemistry though is with Ba'al. Just this pure passion that erupts between them that has to come out some way (typically violently )

and yes, John/Sam would actually be similar to John/Rodney with the addition of Sam being a woman, and also both having had similar lives, similar situations happen to them. I actually think John is a bit of an amalgamation of Sam and Jack's characters.

i love the John/Sam/Rodney dynamic though. It's purely and utterly meant for the lulz
    I read a John/Sam/Rodney fic once, it was M rated and Sam was very much in charge. I can't remember who it was by or where I read it though, but it was interesting lol. (i have no idea whats with me and all the M rated fics I end up reading lol)
    sigpic

Comment

Hitting the threads to gander support for the Gate movies(SG-1 & SGA). There is now a media and mail campaign going on and they need your support. Check out info here and..

SUPPORT THE GATES!

http://www.stargatemoviescampaign.com/Campaigns.php
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
        I can see John and Sam, and I did like John and Nancy, they just seemed to "fit" as a couple.
        But my favorite "fun" pairing for John is John/Vala. I kind of think they look very similar...
        http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh315/lythiasrose/stargate/team%20shep/SG1-1003-MGM-0019.jpg[/IMG]
        I just never got anything from John when he was with Nancy...no feelings at all.. so it's not a pairing I could see..I think once John has moved on he pretty much detaches himself completely..

Not sure about John/Vala....havn't seen them together enough, but I think Vala is good with almost anyone because she is such a passionate fiery lady.. so maybe some possiblities there..

But on topic, I can see where John would be attracted to Sam for the same reasons he's good friends with Rodney, plus the fact that she's a she. (although admitted fanfic slash fan here)
        I like Sam/John as friends and I think there is potential for a romantic liason .. they seem pretty comfortable around each other and have a lot in common. Sam, like Teyla is a strong woman, while I felt Nancy may have been a bit clingy and tearful and possibly this contributed to their failed marriage... this is why I couldnt see a Shep/Weir ship either.. Elizabeth is too momsy and would be wringing her hands each time John was off on some dangerous mission.. maybe if I'd just read fanfic I could have imagined Shep/Weir working, but on the show I never saw any romantic chemistry between them.. great as friends with the banter, especially in the early years but no romantic vibe for me at all....

Larrin had loads of chemistry with John but I think he would have become bored with her after a while so it could have been a nice fling..

John/Sam have a good foundation and are intellectually compatable and I think there could be some good sparks between them.. friendship or romantic..
        sigpic

Comment

Just thought I'd share this one with you. Some subtle photoshopping and WHOOP! Ya got some John/Sam to adore.

holdinghands.jpg

And a wallpaper as well! (You'll have to click the link. It's a bit too big for the forum and I don't know how to do thumbnails...)
          Last edited by neela; 15 July 2017, 08:55 AM. Reason: Updated links/photo
          "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."
          Earth is gone, but Atlantis must survive... Apoca!fic. Post-Season 5. John/Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by neela View Post
            Just thought I'd share this one with you. Some subtle photoshopping and WHOOP! Ya got some John/Sam to adore.

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/v...ldinghands.jpg

And a wallpaper as well! (You'll have to click the link. It's a bit too big for the forum and I don't know how to do thumbnails...)
            *snort*

Just what i needed. You'll love how i'll use this image
            Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
            Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
            Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Joe is on twitter asking for help for his friend and her family (same one the charitybuzz auction is for). There's also a link for general donations to the family. www.friendsofsarahgeary.com

This is the letter he just posted on twitter.
              Spoiler:

On Friday 24th September 2010, @JoeFlanigan said:

Letter from Joe
              I would like to introduce everyone to my close friend Sarah Geary. Earlier this year she was diagnosed with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrigs disease. She has been unfortunately declining ever since. Despite the effects of this cruel disease, she manages to continually enrich the lives of those around her in the most amazing ways. My wife Katherine and I have been profoundly effected by her iron will, piercing intellect and abominable charm. It seems like health and spirit have an inverse relationship with Sarah. Her husband Tim has been overwhelmed with the practical and emotional demands of this crisis, all the while attending to a demanding full time job.

At the end of the day, however, the outcome is certain. Sarah will slowly and sometimes painfully diminish toward death. The medical demands and costs are staggering and, in some ways, constitute a second tragedy for the family. They have been living in the guest house of some very generous friends, which gives them proximity to the doctors. They have also been spending many of their weekends with my family in Malibu, where Sarah, Tim and the kids feel genuinely relaxed and welcome in their 'adopted home'. Recently Sarah has lost her speech and we now have to carry her in and out of the house. And while she has been robbed of so much of the communication we all take for granted, she manages to almost vibrate silently with affection for everyone and everything around her.

I feel remarkably blessed in my career. One thing I feel so proud of is the special relationship that we, actors of The Stargate franchises, have with our fans. If there ever was a chip I could cash in on for my success, this would be it. My uncharacteristic seriousness should only underscore the sobering obligation I feel toward Sarah.

I'm asking all of us to rally for Sarah Geary and her family. We can make her last days as comfortable as possible and help Tim and the kids transition to the next chapter of their lives. Unlike donations to a large organization where it is difficult to measure the impact of your contribution, your money will have a direct and immediate impact on her well-being from breathing apparatus' to night nurses. Tim and I will be keep everyone in touch by informing them of the process.

David Hewlett and I are auctioning off a lunch together in Los Angeles. David will be forced to eat lemons and laugh at my same joke that I will continually repeat throughout the meal. Additionally, and perhaps more shockingly, I am auctioning off my trusty skateboard that has reliably transported me around the studio-lot for many years and has appeared in scenes through out the Stargate Atlantis series. Yes, folks, I brought my skateboard to space. Please visit: http://www.charitybuzz.com/auctions/joeflanigan

So please, join me and my friends in our support of Sara Geary. Look forward to seeing everyone soon.

Will post ongoing info on the JS/JF Thunk thread.
              John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
              sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
              Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

Originally posted by taris-eirien View Post
                Joe is on twitter asking for help for his friend and her family (same one the charitybuzz auction is for). There's also a link for general donations to the family. www.friendsofsarahgeary.com

This is the letter he just posted on twitter.
                Spoiler:

On Friday 24th September 2010, @JoeFlanigan said:

Letter from Joe
                I would like to introduce everyone to my close friend Sarah Geary. Earlier this year she was diagnosed with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrigs disease. She has been unfortunately declining ever since. Despite the effects of this cruel disease, she manages to continually enrich the lives of those around her in the most amazing ways. My wife Katherine and I have been profoundly effected by her iron will, piercing intellect and abominable charm. It seems like health and spirit have an inverse relationship with Sarah. Her husband Tim has been overwhelmed with the practical and emotional demands of this crisis, all the while attending to a demanding full time job.

At the end of the day, however, the outcome is certain. Sarah will slowly and sometimes painfully diminish toward death. The medical demands and costs are staggering and, in some ways, constitute a second tragedy for the family. They have been living in the guest house of some very generous friends, which gives them proximity to the doctors. They have also been spending many of their weekends with my family in Malibu, where Sarah, Tim and the kids feel genuinely relaxed and welcome in their 'adopted home'. Recently Sarah has lost her speech and we now have to carry her in and out of the house. And while she has been robbed of so much of the communication we all take for granted, she manages to almost vibrate silently with affection for everyone and everything around her.

I feel remarkably blessed in my career. One thing I feel so proud of is the special relationship that we, actors of The Stargate franchises, have with our fans. If there ever was a chip I could cash in on for my success, this would be it. My uncharacteristic seriousness should only underscore the sobering obligation I feel toward Sarah.

I'm asking all of us to rally for Sarah Geary and her family. We can make her last days as comfortable as possible and help Tim and the kids transition to the next chapter of their lives. Unlike donations to a large organization where it is difficult to measure the impact of your contribution, your money will have a direct and immediate impact on her well-being from breathing apparatus' to night nurses. Tim and I will be keep everyone in touch by informing them of the process.

David Hewlett and I are auctioning off a lunch together in Los Angeles. David will be forced to eat lemons and laugh at my same joke that I will continually repeat throughout the meal. Additionally, and perhaps more shockingly, I am auctioning off my trusty skateboard that has reliably transported me around the studio-lot for many years and has appeared in scenes through out the Stargate Atlantis series. Yes, folks, I brought my skateboard to space. Please visit: http://www.charitybuzz.com/auctions/joeflanigan

So please, join me and my friends in our support of Sara Geary. Look forward to seeing everyone soon.

Will post ongoing info on the JS/JF Thunk thread.
                I've heard about this, A class act all the way Joe Flanigan is.
                Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Thought I'd share some John/Sam fanart with you guys. Follow the link below.

[URL="https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByzHR_ElWU05RXZYUEpKeXRKSUk/view?usp=sharing[/URL]
                  Last edited by neela; 15 July 2017, 08:56 AM. Reason: Updating link
                  "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."

Comment

Originally posted by neela View Post
                    Thought I'd share some John/Sam fanart with you guys. Follow the link below.

Like A Soldier
                    I do like your picture here. Very very nice. I do admit that picture with him having that beard is very nice he looks good with a beard like that.

Comment

I can't remember exactly when I first started shipping John/Sam, but I've shipped them for awhile, I love their interactions, even though there isn't all that much and I just think they'd work well together. But then that's just me.

Neela: love the manip, it looks great. Might have to have a go myself.

And well I had to make myself a John/Sam banner, which is the one currently in my sig.
                      sigpic
                      McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
                      Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
                      ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

I consider this an AU ship myself not opposed to it
                        sigpic
                        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki Alexander View Post
                          I can't remember exactly when I first started shipping John/Sam, but I've shipped them for awhile, I love their interactions, even though there isn't all that much and I just think they'd work well together. But then that's just me.

Neela: love the manip, it looks great. Might have to have a go myself.
                          Thanks! And I know. There's just something natural about their interactions and they have a mutual respect that I just love. I'm definitely more a John/Sam gal now than Jack/Sam, mainly because the latter pairing is being done to death these days and the former is more refreshing.

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                          I consider this an AU ship myself not opposed to it
                          Of course, you're correct that this is an AU pairing canon-wise (if you count the Legacy books), and those who prefer Jack/Sam or other pairings are welcome to them. Personally, though, it's John and Sam all the way.

On that note, here's a new fanart I've created for those who're interested: "Written in the stars"
                          Last edited by neela; 15 July 2017, 08:56 AM. Reason: Updated photo link

Comment

Neela is it you who has been writing the long Sam/John apocafic for a few years now? I found the list of fics posted around page 3 only this week.

I'm not usually a Sam/John shipper but some of the material I've read has made me think about it more. John has similar traits to Jack and is more accessible. They got on well as soon as Sam joined Atlantis, if it weren't for their ranks or Jack, they could well have been more than friends.
                            Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                            If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                              Neela is it you who has been writing the long Sam/John apocafic for a few years now? I found the list of fics posted around page 3 only this week.
                              That's me. There's also a tentative Sam/John fic list in one of the Fan Fiction threads if you're in the mood for reading more fics (think the thread was called MASTERLIST: Atlantis pairings. One of the last posts on the thread contains a list of some enjoyable Sam/John fic from ff.net.)

Comment

Oooh thank you very much

I'm loving your fic, the plot and all its twists and turns really drew me in, there are so many layers to it, there is always something we don't know. I'm really glad you returned to it and are continuing it
                                Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                                If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Working...
                                X