Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Elizabeth, the nanites and the future.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Elizabeth, the nanites and the future.

Elizabeth puts her hand in Oberoth’s head. Does that mean that her hand is now made of nanites or contains nanites? Obviously she has gained the ability to use the nanites, but that developing ability seems to have gone far beyond the ability to just tap into the collective replicator mind that McKay intended. Have the nanites multiplied? Are they throughout her body now?

How would it ever be safe to have her in Atlantis?

How does the whole hand-in-the-head thing work?

How did the nanites repair/replace Elizabeth’s brain and have her recover acting and sounding like the old Elizabeth? (They got the hair style right too.)

Will McKay one day be able to reprogram them to rebuild her organic brain, and thus be able to shut the nanites down? If so, same question as above, how will they get it right?

How will the replicators change her? I think she’ll make a good villain.

Whenever replicators do the hand in the head mind probe, why don’t they leave nanites behind. How much more insidious that would be. All our main characters would be contaminated; they could be sending information back to the home world. Yikes!
    sigpic

It sounds more like she is still in control of her self. She is just linked to them and can do the things they can do. Her mind is still in tacked and by the looks of it she is bent on destroying the Wraith. She is already going after them, with a little help from McKay of course.
    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by blue-skyz View Post
      How will the replicators change her? I think she’ll make a good villain.
      I see three possibilities as to her return:

1) She'll return as "evil" and fight the Atlantis team, but her "real" self will surface and prevent her from killing anyone at a crucial moment. She may escape, be killed by the team, or be killed or recaptured by the Asurans.

2) She'll return as evil and fight the team but her real self has been completely wiped out. There's a good chance that the team will have to kill her. Since Rodney saved her, it would be quite bitter if he was the one who had to kill her in the end.

3) She'll fake out the Asurans and pretend to be evil, only to help the team. I think this is unlikely though, as she's fooled them once and is unlikely to fool them again.

Comment

I found her ability to control and fakeout the replicators weird. They would have to alot more processing power then Weir. Shouldn't there also have been some network security? If she comes back it will be semi evil. Not i will kill you all evil. but it will do things Weir would consider morally wrong

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
          I see three possibilities as to her return:

1) She'll return as "evil" and fight the Atlantis team, but her "real" self will surface and prevent her from killing anyone at a crucial moment. She may escape, be killed by the team, or be killed or recaptured by the Asurans.

2) She'll return as evil and fight the team but her real self has been completely wiped out. There's a good chance that the team will have to kill her. Since Rodney saved her, it would be quite bitter if he was the one who had to kill her in the end.

3) She'll fake out the Asurans and pretend to be evil, only to help the team. I think this is unlikely though, as she's fooled them once and is unlikely to fool them again.
          4) She comes back and fights them, or whatever. Then at the end she disappears and there's a scene where McKay says, "I wonder if she's out there somewhere..." and Sheppard says, "I'll find her if she is!" and then we never ever hear from her again.

Comment

So they'll be recycling Lifeline then, only without the glimmer of hope at the end? Yep, sounds like a definite possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
              4) She comes back and fights them, or whatever. Then at the end she disappears and there's a scene where McKay says, "I wonder if she's out there somewhere..." and Sheppard says, "I'll find her if she is!" and then we never ever hear from her again.
              I vote that one! lol

Of course they will do a "Ford" on her, as I see it the Replicators (lets call a spade a spade ) will because of McKay go and fight The Wraith, but we know
              Spoiler:

that doesn't last as this is SG, nothing good lasts and The Wraith are not wiped out. So The Wraith either reprogramme the Replicators or something goes funny with their programming and they turn back into Atlantis killers.

With Weir, I assume she will reappear much like Ford to apparently 'help' Atlantis but then she betrays them... maybe McKay fixes her (her alone) and they send her back to Earth (again kind of what they wanted to do with Ford) or as in Lifeline... she is out there somewhere... kind of like they did with Ford.

Or my personal fave... she does die, no coming back just dead... kind of like they did with Janet.

Comment

I think she just becomes part of the collective and she does not leave because that what she is no matter how she may hate it and she becomes leader of the Asurans. And she gets to learn all about the Ancients!!

Comment

Or cause of her knowledge on ascention that she has learned, they won't let her leave until they have consumed it all..

Comment

I'm thinking she's gonna somehow end up leading the Replicators in the war against the Wraith.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

the asurans would probe her for infomation on earth and atlantis

things like:

earth defenses, drone chair
                      ori situation
                      milkyway replicators
                      the asgard
                      and atlantis whearabouts

i would like to see there reaction or a mention from the asurans about the ori or the mikyway repliactors
                      sigpic

Comment

how about how did elizebeth not get killed when the AR field was first engaged? or why didnt they hook the AR field up to the cloak/shield with the ZPM plugged in to wipe out the whole city and take it for the keepings?
                        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by blue-skyz View Post
                          Elizabeth puts her hand in Oberoth�s head. Does that mean that her hand is now made of nanites or contains nanites? Obviously she has gained the ability to use the nanites, but that developing ability seems to have gone far beyond the ability to just tap into the collective replicator mind that McKay intended. Have the nanites multiplied? Are they throughout her body now?

How would it ever be safe to have her in Atlantis?

How does the whole hand-in-the-head thing work?

How did the nanites repair/replace Elizabeth�s brain and have her recover acting and sounding like the old Elizabeth? (They got the hair style right too.)

Will McKay one day be able to reprogram them to rebuild her organic brain, and thus be able to shut the nanites down? If so, same question as above, how will they get it right?

How will the replicators change her? I think she�ll make a good villain.

Whenever replicators do the hand in the head mind probe, why don�t they leave nanites behind. How much more insidious that would be. All our main characters would be contaminated; they could be sending information back to the home world. Yikes!
                          Wow, too many questions for me, but I will answer one - will it be safe for her to return to Atlantis? I think the show is based on this one premise - Rodney can do ANYTHING! So, there is your answer.
                          - The Truth is Out There!

Comment

Working...
                          X