Amanda Tapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Über View Post
    I wasn't aware that 3 people (who I don't recognize as necessarily being AT fans/supporters/defenders per se) constitute a "legion" these days.

Frankly I assumed your comment was meant in good humor that didn't and wouldn't require any kind of concerted or organized defense. Unless you're suggesting it was meant to elicit some sort of response from AT fans...in which case, the pseudo jab fell short.
    True, while I like and respect AT as an actor well enough I am not an AT defender. As I have always said, I am a fan of CHARACTERS not ACTORS.

For instance I LIKE Aryen Sun... I dislike Vala.... See, same actor, different character.
    I also like Samantha Carter (as long as they keep her true to character) but I have little use for the character I happend to come across AT playing on some Lifetime movie.

I assumed the comment was made in order to elict the response that was then claimed to have happened. But hey I'm bored so I will play.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
      There are makeups that deal with the lights satisfactorily and are all but invisible. I think that's what they use on the men. ;d
      Yes but it is acceptable for women to use makeup as long as it isn't over done. They are allowed to wear lipstick,blush mascara(sp sorry male speaking) and even have long hair as long as it is kept up. From what I have seen she meets the requirements and does skirt it from time to time but for a tv show they get it pretty close.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Über View Post
        I wasn't aware that 3 people (who I don't recognize as necessarily being AT fans/supporters/defenders per se) constitute a "legion" these days.

Frankly I assumed your comment was meant in good humor that didn't and wouldn't require any kind of concerted or organized defense. Unless you're suggesting it was meant to elicit some sort of response from AT fans...in which case, the pseudo jab fell short.
        Not at all, I just didn't expect anyone to react, really. And it was 5 people, one of which thought I was "hatin'", which I wasn't. AT is pretty rad in my books.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
          Not at all, I just didn't expect anyone to react, really. And it was 5 people, one of which thought I was "hatin'", which I wasn't. AT is pretty rad in my books.
          Spoiler:
          awww....i was just using a common expression around my part of town. It means, "lighten up" and that "it's all good"

If you think AT is pretty rad then you should have understood what I was saying about the art of her acting. She's been doing this character for years and years and has explored different areas of Sam, so who would know Sam better than the actress actually bringing Sam to life? And that means that you've also seen time and time again how she engages the other actors in the shot with a glance, a touch, or a knowing look or how she keeps things fresh by reacting to the characters in a scene...She was the perfect "straight-man" for Felger's antics in "Avenger 2.0" which was hilarious, don't you think? And if you're able to hear the commentary, you'll be laughing all the way through. lol! And in "Pegasus Project" - the briefing room scene...great stuff. or in "Ascension" - when she tells O'Neill "I'm not tense! am I tense? when did you first notice?" and O'Neill says, "The moment I met you!" and Carter says, "really? I always thought i was just focused...." Or in "The Tok'ra pt 2" when her dad asks for 5 min with his kid...That scene when he tells her he was always proud of her and he cups her face in his hands and the look she gives him..."I think you've said it pretty well..." and in "Grace" - when she confronts halluci-O'Neill - "What if I quit the Air Force? Will it change anything or is it just an excuse .." And AT's ability to convey a thought or emotion without saying a word like in "Divide and Conquer", "Beneath the Surface," "Lost Paradise" "Heroes.pt2" "Threads" "Line in the Sand" "Unending"...

I'm really sorry if I seem overexuberant in my praise for her acting...but imho she really is that good.
          sigpic

Sam Carter Tribute

Comment

AT is always enjoyable to watch. Of all the female lead actresses in a scifi show I have watch, AT is the best. Not only great acting, but the best of all is how she makes the field of science exciting with her technobable skills.

Comment

Loved seeing Amanda in this episode. Though I was also saddened by seeing Elizabeth leaving.

Comment

Wow i see alot of dislike for Carter (Amanda) after season 8.
                I don't know why. Amanda was outstanding in all the seasons of SG-1 and now that she was starting on Atlantis proves she can take her role and make it a reallyy GREAT performance. I mean being on a set when you don't know that much of the cast is kinda tough. But she did it!
                sigpic
                My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Wow. I mean, she's always been gorgeous, but wow. AT was absolutely stunning in this episode. She seems to be one of those women who just looks better and better with age.

Performance in the episode was just spot-on as well. I mean, I know she's been playing the character for more than 10 years now and should be comfortable in the role, but she executes it with a grace few television actresses can manage.

Props to her.
                  I love AT too, but I didn't think she was any hotter in this episode than SG1. I am about to watch season 4, so I hope they have written better roles for her than they wrote for Dr. Weir.
                  - The Truth is Out There!

Comment

Working...
                  X