This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cluas View Post
    @Snowman: Yes first time watching SGA.. I'm done now by the way... I guess I'm one of the only ones that liked season 4 and 5 lol-
    I stopped myself, I didn't want to give away that he came back as a clone. haha What did you think of that and Weir's bizarre returns as a clone and an Asuran replica?

Originally posted by Cluas View Post
    I don't mind character deaths either. But i agree on the tumor. Awful. And Wier was written out 'cos of Carter. I get it. But it seemed wrong to me anyway. Thanks for the explanation, i do know what you mean
    I didn't mind Weir being written out despite her being my favorite character. If she was going to be around for a few episodes each year, that's fine. However, I didn't like how she was effectively forgotten about after "Be All My Sins Remember'd." We had to wait almost a year for her to be recast and left to drift in space. Come on.

Comment

I think we have to put spoilers on, if we discuss anything after "lifeline" ...

So:
      Spoiler:
      Carson clone was really annoying, and then he finally went to earth. But the writers kept bringing him back. Huh.
      And for Wier, she was the lead role for me, and my very favorite of the show. So sad to see her get blasted away. Even though they saved her with nanites, it just seemed wrong. And yes she just drifted away out there. Huh.
      It was awful to see those characters leave the show only to come back again one way or the other...
      As I said I don't mind character deaths, only the fact they keep coming back

I really think you should edit spoilers in your post

Comment

I don't they worry much about spoilers since the show's been off the air (new episodes) for almost three years.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

This episode was more to my liking than "Adrift". Finally we get to see the Humans recover valuable technology.

I see they are keeping options open for the Weir character. I'd prefer to trade this uncertainty for closure. Perhaps I would rage against the system if the Humans did something more awful to Weir, but then it would be over with. If they "resurrect" Weir again that would somehow make death and jeopardy seem "cheap" to me.

I have difficulty believing that Human ships can repeatedly approach the Replicator planet (the flyby photographers, the Apollo, then the cloaked jumper) and even land on it undetected. The moment when an object drops out of hyperspace near Atlantis, it is always detected. The city also has the "long range" sensors. Granted, the cloak could give some immunity, and long range scanning has only been used on Wraith ships so far. But in the end of this very episode they were able to detect Assuran ships leaving the remote planet and even estimate their course.

Edit: I didn't buy any of McKay's hillarious technobable. Not just that I know what are "packets" and "datastream", but it seemed to serve no goal for McKay to deliberately confuse Sheppard and thus delay their escape.
          Last edited by j7n; 30 April 2014, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
            Indeed, and I loved the rescue from the replicator planet, especially RepliWeir's part. She really did fool Oberoth!
            That was pretty cool.
            sigpic

Comment

Well, we know Daniel had the force of mind to override Replicarter, so who knows maybe Weir was as strong as him.

Comment

Weir was most likely strong enough because of her Nanities.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

First time watch!

This was a great episode! Loved nanite!Weir. She was so awesome. I totally clapped when she played the mind trick on Oberoth. Haha. Who knew she had it in her? I think in terms of send-offs, this was a great last episode for a fantastic character. I'm just hoping since there was no on-screen death, that she'll be back in the future.

Also love the new planet Atlantis has settled on. Super pretty with the 2 (I know it's technically 5) moons. Glad they were able to all work together and get things done (finally after part 3).
                  sigpic
                  [call me loser.]

Comment

Originally posted by losernerdfriend View Post
                    First time watch!

This was a great episode! Loved nanite!Weir. She was so awesome. I totally clapped when she played the mind trick on Oberoth. Haha. Who knew she had it in her? I think in terms of send-offs, this was a great last episode for a fantastic character. I'm just hoping since there was no on-screen death, that she'll be back in the future.
                    First time i saw that clip, i was like "mirror image of daniel and repli-carter' and his line "I'm not done yet, time for you to spend a little more time in Danny's world"..

Comment

Yes!!! That's what it reminded me of as well, but I still thought it was wonderful. The replicators seem like such an unbeatable force that anytime someone can gain an advantage over them, I'm super happy. Haha.
                      sigpic
                      [call me loser.]

Comment

Working...
                      X